Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I drink only in bar. When in service, I would drink in army mess. I never drink at my residence even when alone. I feel that there is appropriate place and time for every activity.

That's an appropriate thought. I agree with you that there is time and place for any activity.

I feel that anyone wants to have a drink, home is the best place since it is safer...Most accidents happen due to drunk driving and even if you have not had too much to drik it is still against the rules, so why not drink in the safety of your home with caution. ..

If you are not addicted to drink, you will partcipate in social drink in club, mess or a bar. However this is just a personal choice. My uncle would drink with his son at residence. Thgis was okay to him.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I drink only in bar. When in service, I would drink in army mess. I never drink at my residence even when alone. I feel that there is appropriate place and time for every activity.

That's an appropriate thought. I agree with you that there is time and place for any activity.

I feel that anyone wants to have a drink, home is the best place since it is safer...Most accidents happen due to drunk driving and even if you have not had too much to drik it is still against the rules, so why not drink in the safety of your home with caution. ..

Drinking in the home is the best bet. As you said drinking outside means exposing to unsafe conditions on the road.

Drinking in the home is the best bet. As you said drinking outside means exposing to unsafe conditions on the road.

In Mangalore most old ancestoral households have a toddy palm and normally palm toddy is available freely...not that people get drunk all the time .It is used while making batter for aapams and some other dishes. Also drinking a glass of wine or a glass of beer with the family on special occassions is not considered anything out of the way. So, I feel that it dpends more on attitude ,background and also the way you perceive it that is far more important.Children too dont give too much importance since it is always there.
Here I also would like to add that when something is freely available in the beginning one may splurge on it but later he or she will not bother too much about it..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In Mangalore most old ancestoral households have a toddy palm and normally palm toddy is available freely...not that people get drunk all the time .It is used while making batter for aapams and some other dishes. Also drinking a glass of wine or a glass of beer with the family on special occassions is not considered anything out of the way. So, I feel that it dpends more on attitude ,background and also the way you perceive it that is far more important.Children too dont give too much importance since it is always there.
Here I also would like to add that when something is freely available in the beginning one may splurge on it but later he or she will not bother too much about it..

Yes. In Telangana it's a custom to drink on the third day of a family member's death. Both men and women get drunk. No one frowns.

Yes. In Telangana it's a custom to drink on the third day of a family member's death. Both men and women get drunk. No one frowns.

It is exactly the other way round in my place .We don't eat non vegetarian food or consume liquor or even go out anywhere,attend functions until the 13th day when someone close dies. Only after the Vaikunta Samradhane a day is fixed when non vegetarian meal is cooked and the entire extended family is called for this function...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is exactly the other way round in my place .We don't eat non vegetarian food or consume liquor or even go out anywhere,attend functions until the 13th day when someone close dies. Only after the Vaikunta Samradhane a day is fixed when non vegetarian meal is cooked and the entire extended family is called for this function...

They say, the departed soul will not be happy, seeing us mourning on his death. The dead person wants us to see coming out of the grief at the earliest. But it's exactly similar as you its practized in karnataka in the non Telangana regions.
I have noted that children tend to emulate their parents. Children of alcoholic parents unfortunately tend to become alcoholics too. I have seen this in many cases. So yes, drinking in front of your children is not a good idea.

Mala Jaiswar
I have noted that children tend to emulate their parents. Children of alcoholic parents unfortunately tend to become alcoholics too. I have seen this in many cases. So yes, drinking in front of your children is not a good idea.

Parents are the first role models of children. That's why they should set an example in doing good things so that the children will emulate them.
Absolutely it put impact on the kids. Till certain age, parents must avoid drinking in front of them.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.