Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am sure you might be having NEFT. If that's so, then you can check the balance on your laptop or computer. Do you think this can solve your problem?
Thank you said by: AKP
Hello Everyone :)

I am confused on this thing. We all know that we have limited free transactions when we use our bank's ATM card in some other bank's ATM. As after that some amount of fees debited for the same.

Now just want to know that, suppose I am checking my balance or getting mini statement of my account from some other Bank's ATM. So will it also count as transaction.. or taking money is only count as transaction. :blink:

Confused... as I do check balance often. But if it is also count as transaction then I have to change my habit.

Every thing is considered as a transaction - withdrawal, balance enquiry and mini statement. Mos of us think that only withdrawals are counted as transactions. It is not so. hope this makes sense and clarifies the query

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
Thank you said by: AKP

I am confused on this thing. We all know that we have limited free transactions when we use our bank's ATM card in some other bank's ATM. As after that some amount of fees debited for the same.

Now just want to know that, suppose I am checking my balance or getting mini statement of my account from some other Bank's ATM. So will it also count as transaction.. or taking money is only count as transaction. :blink:

Confused... as I do check balance often. But if it is also count as transaction then I have to change my habit.

Every thing is considered as a transaction - withdrawal, balance enquiry and mini statement. Mos of us think that only withdrawals are counted as transactions. It is not so. hope this makes sense and clarifies the query

That's new information to me. Thanks for explaining things here in a simple and sweet manner. This will also come in handy for me. Thanks again.

That's new information to me. Thanks for explaining things here in a simple and sweet manner. This will also come in handy for me. Thanks again.

You're welcome Abhi! We can use 5 times in other banks' ATMs. If we go above that limit, we will be charged

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
I am sure you might be having NEFT. If that's so, then you can check the balance on your laptop or computer. Do you think this can solve your problem?

Yes.. but that wasn't the problem. Actually I was confused that even checking balance and mini statement at ATM machine count as transaction.. But after reading replies each of them count as transactions.. so now all clear.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

Yes.. but that wasn't the problem. Actually I was confused that even checking balance and mini statement at ATM machine count as transaction.. But after reading replies each of them count as transactions.. so now all clear.

And that's new information to me too. But I would like to add a very valid point. I withdraw my father's pension sometimes from bank and sometimes from the ATM machines. Last month I asked a bank person if I can withdraw every month from ATM, and he said yes. I am really doubtful about that. This has increased my confusion even more.

And that's new information to me too. But I would like to add a very valid point. I withdraw my father's pension sometimes from bank and sometimes from the ATM machines. Last month I asked a bank person if I can withdraw every month from ATM, and he said yes. I am really doubtful about that. This has increased my confusion even more.

What confusion you have about this thing. If he is saying then you can withdraw it like that. No problem in it.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

What confusion you have about this thing. If he is saying then you can withdraw it like that. No problem in it.

Ok. One thing I failed to mention is that the ATM machines aren't of those banks from where my dad gets the pension. So, I am using another banks's ATM to withdraw the money from an account of a different bank. I hope you get me now.
Thw whole thing is really very simple
1, ATM transaction can be done from anywhere within your country and even abroad when there is a linking system to your bank.
2, There is no limit to how many times you can use the ATM belonging to your own bank anywhere within the country.You can however use it only three times in a day.Like for example you withdraw from an ATM once and then paid through your ATM debit card and again used the card for either withdrawl or payment, your daily allowance is over.
3, You can use any ATM for withdrawing money.But there is a limit to using ATMs other than your own - 5 times in a month, whether it is for cash withdrawl or for a statement of your account.
4, In an emergency you can use the outside ATMs even after the stipulated 5 times are done with with a nominal fee of anywhere between Rs 15 - 35 ( depends on the bank)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, AKP

'
That could be a solution to this problem, but some times it so happens that checking via an ATM card is usually the best and the only option, say, if you are outside the city or you do not have a laptop and the phone battery is down etc.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.