Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The Indian so called educated class has still not gained maturity where they will not hesitate to favour their own caste at the cost of the "lower" and weak castes. Who can certify this maturity? When literacy levels will cross 98% and the survival of enterprises will be on efficiency in a competitive environment , then reservations will automatically cease to matter. It is a matter of a few more decades perhaps.

This is an inherent problem with us Indians, even among the most educated and supposedly sophisticated classes who support and help only those who belong to their own caste. I have seen this to be true in government sector, private sector, everywhere. This 'maturity' is severely lacking in India, probably the reason why we lag so far behind others in spite of having talent and intelligent resources!

If reservations continue there never can be any better days to come, thats for sure, we keep diluting the quality of our owrk force and that's it !

What is more appalling is that any work which involves creation of something new with their own hands, eg, creating wooden stuff with own hands and other similar professions are looked down upon as inferior. This has led to children of traditional carpenters, potters etc. to move away from these professions and seek lesser-paying jobs in companies, even being peons is good enough for them. I feel this has led to killing the creativity and retarded economical growth.

But the one's who have stuck, are today able to command much higher remunerations because of higher demand and reducing supply. With better payments their lifestyle is going up. It is a pleasure for me to watch shoppers from economically low start buying and moving with confidence in big shopping malls rubbing shoulders with higher 'classes'. Social changes up to a point happen slowly but later on gather momentum. Reservations will die a natural death as economic prosperity spreads manifold in the society.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Reservations have come only to stay, even after those people are reach economic sufficiency.
In our country the caste/class division is far more serious and has to do with the entire lifestyle of a person. Reservations only make it all the more visible since you are now recognised everywhere depending on your caste and not through your merit and individual capacity which comes later..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In our country the caste/class division is far more serious and has to do with the entire lifestyle of a person. Reservations only make it all the more visible since you are now recognised everywhere depending on your caste and not through your merit and individual capacity which comes later..

The day when the Reservations were introduced, that very day, MERIT disappeared in to oblivion..Somehow we are blessed private firms are saved from this. Just think if Reservations enter Wipro and Infosys. these two prestigious institutions would never have crossed the frontiers
Although I agree that reservations affect merit to some extent, but because we are a cast based and conscious society some reservation quota at entry level jobs should be continued till society's attitude changes significantly..
Although I agree that reservations affect merit to some extent, but because we are a cast based and conscious society some reservation quota at entry level jobs should be continued till society's attitude changes significantly..

That due to reservations merit is affected to "some" extent is an understatement. Financial help until the reserved classes become self reliant is more than enough. Nothing more. Help should not continue for generations.

That due to reservations merit is affected to "some" extent is an understatement. Financial help until the reserved classes become self reliant is more than enough. Nothing more. Help should not continue for generations.

There are quotas available even in a country like America , the difference being that there is an efficient management and distribution only to the deserving which is not the case in our country.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

There are quotas available even in a country like America , the difference being that there is an efficient management and distribution only to the deserving which is not the case in our country.

Here it's partisan management clubbed with unadulterated inefficiency.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.