Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
hanging is an easy death for rapist, I think some kind of punishment to be given to rapist so that they will become unable to do sex.
Although the kind of crimes that have been happening against women in recent times induce me to agree with your views, that these kind of psycho perverts should be hanged or stoned publicly, but then when I think about it more, I realise that it is only a short term solution and CAN NEVER act as a deterrent for other would-be rapists! In fact, it will only motivate more rapists to kill the girl and women after she is raped so she can not identify the rapist! What we need is major attitude change but with the ever-widening gap between the haves and have-nots, it will be quite difficult!

I agree with you.Had Hanging and castigation are the solutions, how one can explain the increasing number of atrocities against women by dAY?. Major overall change in the man's attitude seems a distant dream for me. Call me a pessimist?

No, not a pessimist, but a realist, which I too am. We just keep harping about how we need to to change attitudes, change the way we look at women, but with empty stomachs, nothing works! The way I see it, the ever-widening gap between the rich and poor, the way most poor labourers keep slogging to earn decent money and still not earn enough. At the same time, they have before them the super-rich mall culture where the girls and boys can have what they want, they see people throwing money around. This probably makes them feel worthless and frustrated and what better way to assure oneself of his self-worth and manhood than by grabbing hold of an easy prey and venting all his pent-up frustrations upon her!!

There is lot of truth in socio economic analysis given above. Most of the rape accused are poor and unskilled wheras te victims are of well to do and affluent classes. In Delhi case, the rape accused were bus cleaner and conductor. Dhananjay Chatterjee, another rape accused sentenced to death was just a security man. These rape criminals are less educated and their attitude towards women is also unhealthy.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Although the kind of crimes that have been happening against women in recent times induce me to agree with your views, that these kind of psycho perverts should be hanged or stoned publicly, but then when I think about it more, I realise that it is only a short term solution and CAN NEVER act as a deterrent for other would-be rapists! In fact, it will only motivate more rapists to kill the girl and women after she is raped so she can not identify the rapist! What we need is major attitude change but with the ever-widening gap between the haves and have-nots, it will be quite difficult!

I agree with you.Had Hanging and castigation are the solutions, how one can explain the increasing number of atrocities against women by dAY?. Major overall change in the man's attitude seems a distant dream for me. Call me a pessimist?

No, not a pessimist, but a realist, which I too am. We just keep harping about how we need to to change attitudes, change the way we look at women, but with empty stomachs, nothing works! The way I see it, the ever-widening gap between the rich and poor, the way most poor labourers keep slogging to earn decent money and still not earn enough. At the same time, they have before them the super-rich mall culture where the girls and boys can have what they want, they see people throwing money around. This probably makes them feel worthless and frustrated and what better way to assure oneself of his self-worth and manhood than by grabbing hold of an easy prey and venting all his pent-up frustrations upon her!!

There is lot of truth in socio economic analysis given above. Most of the rape accused are poor and unskilled wheras te victims are of well to do and affluent classes. In Delhi case, the rape accused were bus cleaner and conductor. Dhananjay Chatterjee, another rape accused sentenced to death was just a security man. These rape criminals are less educated and their attitude towards women is also unhealthy.

In number of studies it has been shown that anywhere up to 90% of rapist are known to the rape victim. They could be immediate relatives, neighbors, friends, colleagues etc and often these rapes are not reported esp involving relatives, friends and out of concern for the girl's reputation. The rapes due to socio-economic reasons are the one's that are widely reported and harshest punishments are sought. Girls from a young age have to be sensitized to possibilities of recognizing some behaviours of men which could lead to a rape in future and should be encouraged to report it to their parents or sister etc.
By making rape so serious as to hang a man, you are giving great disservice to women. Rape is no doubt a heinous crime, but to suggest that rape will make her whole life miserable only adds to her injury. It is better to consider rape as an offence equal to that of causing grievous hurt and no more. If you are physically hurt, you are okay after medical treatment. similar should be the case with rape. If a man is raped or sodomised, what happens. He will just get some treatment and will live normal after some time.

It is the tendency to characterize a rape victim as having lost everything that does her maximum harm. In fact, woman has always be treated as property. If somebody rapes a woman, she is considered as 'spoiled'. But what if a man has sex relation with a woman either willingly or pressure. He is never considered as 'spoiled'. The only reason in such double standard is that woman is not considered as human but only a property whose virginity must be intact for her 'owner', swamy, husband. Just change this outlook and there will be no issue.
Okay. don't show mercy to men who rape. But in the process, will you be so cruel to the woman who has lost her virginity. Why double standard on male and female virginity. Better correct this age old anti woman double standard on virginity and most issues on rape are settled.
However, where rape is very cruel and results in prermanent major injury or death, it may be okay to award death sentence.
again, I may mention that most civilized countris have abolished death penalty. There is move in India also to remove this penalty from criminal procedure and code.

I agree with most of what you say since it is the most sensible approach. But taking it from a womans point of view, sex for most ladies is also an extention of love and noone wants it to be violated by an unknown hateful person and this is where the trauma comes in . It is emotional rather than physical and bound to leave a permanent mark on the woman who gets raped..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Removal of death penalty intends to reform the rapist and bring in a change in him. So far so good. What about the victim. Are there any measures to weed away the trauma and agony undergone by the victim? The victim also wishes to erase the trauma and start a new life. Are there any provisions to give succor to the victim?
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.