Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In these dreary conditions, it seems only way out is to grow our own vegetables . Vegetables required for a small family can be grown in pots also. Even in apartments vegetables can be grown in pots.

Time and space is limited even for a small family, modern apartments have hardly any space to accommodate furniture and other paraphernalia....growing vegetables is a distant dream.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

In these dreary conditions, it seems only way out is to grow our own vegetables . Vegetables required for a small family can be grown in pots also. Even in apartments vegetables can be grown in pots.

Time and space is limited even for a small family, modern apartments have hardly any space to accommodate furniture and other paraphernalia....growing vegetables is a distant dream.

Mousumi, i have seen Adivasis in their Matchbox sized houses growing vegetable in pots. Of course they don't have unnecessary household items like furniture. We have to do a bit of readjustment in the home or eliminate some objects and make way for potted low hanging pots for vegetable growing.
The fruits and vegetables are poisoned at a large extent and some of the foreign countries which imported fruits and vegetables from India now has banned to import. Now they are seeking other countries.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Mousumi, i have seen Adivasis in their Matchbox sized houses growing vegetable in pots. Of course they don't have unnecessary household items like furniture. We have to do a bit of readjustment in the home or eliminate some objects and make way for potted low hanging pots for vegetable growing.

Very true...where there is a will there is a way. People who are willing to do a little hard work and show patience can grow veggies in containers in windows! On the contrary I have seen huge bungalows with lots of garden space wasting it all by covering it up with concrete or tiles just because they don't 'Like' the trash generated by soil and fallen leaves! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Very true...where there is a will there is a way. People who are willing to do a little hard work and show patience can grow veggies in containers in windows! On the contrary I have seen huge bungalows with lots of garden space wasting it all by covering it up with concrete or tiles just because they don't 'Like' the trash generated by soil and fallen leaves! :blink:

I agree with you Kalyani. I live in apartments. Fortunately, my apartment is spacious. We are less in number. I utilized this aspect and started growing Potted vegetables. Though not exotic varieties, I could grow some ordinary vegetables successfully. But i'm sure from this starting, i gradually go for exotic varieties in the days to come.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I agree with you Kalyani. I live in apartments. Fortunately, my apartment is spacious. We are less in number. I utilized this aspect and started growing Potted vegetables. Though not exotic varieties, I could grow some ordinary vegetables successfully. But i'm sure from this starting, i gradually go for exotic varieties in the days to come.

Exactly...I too have a small space in my flat but I grow mint, lemongrass, chillies, belle peppers quite easily all around the year. I have now planted beans and pumpkin and am planting plant ginger and garlic now.

Exactly...I too have a small space in my flat but I grow mint, lemongrass, chillies, belle peppers quite easily all around the year. I have now planted beans and pumpkin and am planting plant ginger and garlic now.

I know you love gardening. Why not, when you are ready to work on your hobby that's close to your heart results are bound to surface up sooner than later.

I know you love gardening. Why not, when you are ready to work on your hobby that's close to your heart results are bound to surface up sooner than later.

And I think gardening is even more than just a hobby. I feel it is a way of learning new things and being able to commune with nature, which is quite crucial in today's hectic lives! And nothing more is satisfying than plucking your own tomatoes and relishing it with joy! :cheer:

Thank you said by: rambabu

And I think gardening is even more than just a hobby. I feel it is a way of learning new things and being able to commune with nature, which is quite crucial in today's hectic lives! And nothing more is satisfying than plucking your own tomatoes and relishing it with joy! :cheer:

Gardening is not just a hobby, its an exercise too. The joy of growing your own vegetables and enjoying them is altogether a different proposition which is beyond words.

Kalyani little bit I know about you through your blogs tell me that you enjoy gardening, so it is very well possible for a person like you. : )

@ Rambabu: We have a spacious balcony, and we have plants too..but growing veggies is not my cup of tea and am sure not many can do this. It requires a lot of effort, patience and art too.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.