Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Not sure if I should give my honest opinion here because I am afraid I will be misinterpreted. In my opinion all the reservations should be done away with and getting a job should primarily be on the basis of merit.

I too am of the opinion that all reservations should be done away with since it has reached ridiculous proportions now, more a tool in the hands of our politicians.It is being misused left, right and center. Merit should be the only criteria and any help shd be hgiven to deserving economically weak students regadless of caste and religion.

Exactly, now meritorious students who belong to the general caste have given up on even trying for govt. jobs owing to so many reservations. the reservation system was initiated to bring the people lagging behind in terms of education and finance at par with other general caste...but now we can't see this coming to an end. Isn't the same thing now happening to people of general caste?

Very true, we have politicians like Mayawati and Mulayam Singh ,Karuna nidhi etc etc who are going one step further and want to bring in reservations for low caste muslims ( converts ) , wonder what next they will think of ??? :dry: :huh:

They are moving from macro to micro reservation.

Rambabu - Next is Indian Cricket team. A reserved class player will never be given out.

They are constantly thinking up new things to keep themselves in news ...
@ Rambabu, there is a reservation for sportsperson and also for political sufferers ????? which can be (mis) used by anyone ..

There is reservation for sports persons in Jobs. But this is extended to a proper sport. Anyhow this was in a lighter vein. But the way in which things are going on, no wonder such things happen soon.

I know, everyone will start demanding their rights , why not even the general category ?... :dry:

If reservations continue soon..there will a time when even private jobs will have no place for people belonging to general category..who knows..but this again is a concern and NOM to other castes.

As long as this reservation system remains, any type of mad and crazy things will happen. That's assured.

Reservation system will be everywhere till politicians involve in those departments. In train also there is a quota for MP and in bus some seats are allocated for VIPs. The Government works are getting delayed due to this caste system. Some persons are appointed by ministers and they never work and if we asked about it they simply say i am a relative of minister. If there is no caste there will be improvement in every department.
Politicians ensure that caste system remains hale and healthy forever . Caste system is politicians' staple food. Their livelihood. So the question of " No Caste system" will never arise.
Their staple food should not kill the peoples who are already suffering in hungry.
Not sure if I should give my honest opinion here because I am afraid I will be misinterpreted. In my opinion all the reservations should be done away with and getting a job should primarily be on the basis of merit.

I too am of the opinion that all reservations should be done away with since it has reached ridiculous proportions now, more a tool in the hands of our politicians.It is being misused left, right and center. Merit should be the only criteria and any help shd be hgiven to deserving economically weak students regadless of caste and religion.

Even though many of us would like the reservation system to be done away with and everything to be based on merit system, it would not be possible as long as the society continue practising caste system in their daily lives. Though legally banned, in some parts of India it is still religiously followed. I had spent more than a year at a place in Rajasthan and I was surprised to see how in some villages,the higher caste people still treat the people belonging to lower caste as inferiors. Spending times with them, I did realise that if reservation system is altogether done away with, it would be very difficult for those belonging to lower caste to avail themselves of any Government schemes or to improve their living conditions. Having said that, proper system needs to be developed to select the genuine cases as nowadays the reservation schemes is being misused rampantly.
Thank you said by: usha manohar

Even though many of us would like the reservation system to be done away with and everything to be based on merit system, it would not be possible as long as the society continue practising caste system in their daily lives. Though legally banned, in some parts of India it is still religiously followed. I had spent more than a year at a place in Rajasthan and I was surprised to see how in some villages,the higher caste people still treat the people belonging to lower caste as inferiors. Spending times with them, I did realise that if reservation system is altogether done away with, it would be very difficult for those belonging to lower caste to avail themselves of any Government schemes or to improve their living conditions. Having said that, proper system needs to be developed to select the genuine cases as nowadays the reservation schemes is being misused rampantly.

What ypu say makes sense, this is also a social issue and the government shd bring in measures to assimilate people from lower castes in such a way that the difference between the higher caste and lower cdaste people geradually reduces.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

What you say is really true...I have seen many such people myself and if many of the schemes are taken away, those poor people would be floundering in murky poverty more than ever. In fact there should be a system in place where careful monitoring can be done to ensure that only the truly needy get benefits of government schemes and reservations. Lately, only the rich people have been able to get benefits from the reservations. Only with the current rate of new reservations for more categories, I am sure it would reach 100% in all areas with absolutely no space for open categories! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

What you say is really true...I have seen many such people myself and if many of the schemes are taken away, those poor people would be floundering in murky poverty more than ever. In fact there should be a system in place where careful monitoring can be done to ensure that only the truly needy get benefits of government schemes and reservations. Lately, only the rich people have been able to get benefits from the reservations. Only with the current rate of new reservations for more categories, I am sure it would reach 100% in all areas with absolutely no space for open categories! :blink:

Don't get me wrong, but it is sad and yet true that now we are in a vicious and never ending cycle of reservation. I think more and more job opportunities should be created and job offers should be given to people based on their education, merit, and vocational training.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Don't get me wrong, but it is sad and yet true that now we are in a vicious and never ending cycle of reservation. I think more and more job opportunities should be created and job offers should be given to people based on their education, merit, and vocational training.[/quote

In the present scenario, I'm afraid your dream ( and my dream) sounds far fetched and can't be realized.
Caste based reservaion is actually politically motivated. This is well known.
Reservation based on economic criterion, should be the order of the day. Years back dr. Ambedkar also suggested reservation for few years but now it is goign on for infinite years due to politicisation of this issue by smaller parties. :whistle: :whistle:

http://mohanmekap.com/

Caste is the favorite tool of the politicians to grab the votes. They won't let it go easily. Caste system, they assure is kept alive forever.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.