Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Dont have a choice at my workplace. There is light music playing all around the floor. Thought not annoying, I am used to with that. But, using headphone to listen to music while working is something I cannot manage to do.

Wow...a soft/light music playing all around..isn't a bad idea after all, but at times it can be a little distracting I guess.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

For some, it's a distraction . For some it's an obsession. For me it's a passion, provided they are kept at a respectable distance and used calculatedly .
Dont have a choice at my workplace. There is light music playing all around the floor. Thought not annoying, I am used to with that. But, using headphone to listen to music while working is something I cannot manage to do.

Wow...a soft/light music playing all around..isn't a bad idea after all, but at times it can be a little distracting I guess.

Yes it is distracting, especially when I am on a call. Meeting rooms in office do not play the music of course, but all through the day, any time when you get a call at ur desk, it distracts, although does not disturb the conversation because the music is not so loud .
Well, i have seen many people that as soon as they step inside their workplace they put on their head phones and play some music and start working. For me I can't work with music on all times, once in a while it is okay though.

How many of you find working with music on okay and not disturbing? Or how many of you find it annoying and think that listening to music (at work) can disrupt your work?

Even I cannot work with Music. I like to work in a silence place. Some People like music. I hear music rarely.....
Well, i have seen many people that as soon as they step inside their workplace they put on their head phones and play some music and start working. For me I can't work with music on all times, once in a while it is okay though.

How many of you find working with music on okay and not disturbing? Or how many of you find it annoying and think that listening to music (at work) can disrupt your work?

Even I cannot work with Music. I like to work in a silence place. Some People like music. I hear music rarely.....

Yes, music acts as distraction while working, and acts as a form of relaxation when we wish to take a break, because good music has a soothing and relaxing effect.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Yes, music acts as distraction while working, and acts as a form of relaxation when we wish to take a break, because good music has a soothing and relaxing effect.

For me also music is distraction. But some of my colleagues are okay with music while working. So I also work without bothering about music. I have developed habit of working even amidst distractions.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

My colleagues listen music and continue their work. It depends on a person mentality. Whenever a song disturb me i put buds on my ears and concentrate on my work. Our work and their pleasure are equally important. If people understand this they will not act like that. What you are doing in home and keep those things in office that will not suite for other persons. Understanding a person feelings is important.
My colleagues listen music and continue their work. It depends on a person mentality. Whenever a song disturb me i put buds on my ears and concentrate on my work. Our work and their pleasure are equally important. If people understand this they will not act like that. What you are doing in home and keep those things in office that will not suite for other persons. Understanding a person feelings is important.

//our work and their pleasure are equally important//-i don't quite agree with this.

If a person is using a headphone to listen to music, it shouldn't bother us but if it loud enough to disturb and irritate us, I would't mind saying the other person to tone it down a bit. Someone else's pleasure and comfort should not be met at somebody else's discomfort.

//our work and their pleasure are equally important//-i don't quite agree with this.

If a person is using a headphone to listen to music, it shouldn't bother us but if it loud enough to disturb and irritate us, I would't mind saying the other person to tone it down a bit. Someone else's pleasure and comfort should not be met at somebody else's discomfort.

It all amounts to one thing. Your discrimination , is it a public place or your private room and above all your own preference and necessity.
I also like to work in a silent place without any distraction.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.