Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Those who do not like TV serials can always watch Astha TV and other similar channels and what is strange they will criticise them also and eemamnd a separate regulator for every channel. One should control what one watches and not what is broadcast.

I think same goes for censor board in that case, let the producers make what they want and let the viewers decide what they watch.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Introduction of some kind of regulation will do no good. We still see obscene materials in various bollywood songs, how come they are still topping the charts, isn't their a regulatory board already in place? I think instead of any regulatory board, there should be certain norms and checklist in terms of content, storyline, which if a serials lives up to can be aired on any channel.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Introduction of some kind of regulation will do no good. We still see obscene materials in various bollywood songs, how come they are still topping the charts, isn't their a regulatory board already in place? I think instead of any regulatory board, there should be certain norms and checklist in terms of content, storyline, which if a serials lives up to can be aired on any channel.

What you suggested is called a regulatory/advisory and that's what is needed. What we watch in privacy is one thing and what we watch with family members is altogether different. Isn't it?

It is like stepping on filth and blaming the filth. TV serials anywhere vie with each other to increase their Ratings, not with an intention of spreading knowledge .if one bears this point in mind, no body will view such trash. I for one , never go to anywhere near such trash. If I can do it, anyone can do it. Before anything else, it's self regulation is the need of the hour. Not an external regulation.

The replies to my post indicate that most of the people do agree that the TV serials do require some sort of regulation.  May be, we need to highlight this point again and again, in all social media, to create awareness. 

Yes, there are some serials that are not so bad, and are within the limits.  We should perhaps encourage such serials and such producers. 

What why not Doordarhan also do something, with all their resources at their command?  They can themselves produce quality serials that promote, for example, love and affection in families.

The replies to my post indicate that most of the people do agree that the TV serials do require some sort of regulation.  May be, we need to highlight this point again and again, in all social media, to create awareness. 

Yes, there are some serials that are not so bad, and are within the limits.  We should perhaps encourage such serials and such producers. 

What why not Doordarhan also do something, with all their resources at their command?  They can themselves produce quality serials that promote, for example, love and affection in families.

On the contrary by reading all posts it's just me who has agreed with you but all others are against any regulatory

What you suggested is called a regulatory/advisory and that's what is needed. What we watch in privacy is one thing and what we watch with family members is altogether different. Isn't it?

Yes, I agree some content that we view with our family should have least objectionable material. What I have said is that we should have a robust and strict guideline which should be adhered to before any serial is aired. I think we can still turn off our tvs to avoid watching trash in serial, but what we do need is a regulatory board for trash shown in various News channels. In the name of debate we get to see people shouting at each other.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Yes, I agree some content that we view with our family should have least objectionable material. What I have said is that we should have a robust and strict guideline which should be adhered to before any serial is aired. I think we can still turn off our tvs to avoid watching trash in serial, but what we do need is a regulatory board for trash shown in various News channels. In the name of debate we get to see people shouting at each other.

I am unable to understand just what is the need of these so called TV panelists that are increasing the problems only. TV channels are airing these programs to increase revenue but making the viewers' cause more difficult. No one seems to give them any attention but they keep on barking.

Those who do not like TV serials can always watch Astha TV and other similar channels and what is strange they will criticise them also and eemamnd a separate regulator for every channel. One should control what one watches and not what is broadcast.

So you mean to say that in spite of all the trash that is shown on almost all the channels, of all languages, people should not complain but either stop watching TV or watch only Aastha or Sanskar channels?? Please also provide names of other similar spiritual channels for we known not which good channels exist here!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I think same goes for censor board in that case, let the producers make what they want and let the viewers decide what they watch.

Irrespective of a TV regulator or censor board people watch what they like to watch. If people do not themselves watch what should not be watched ,its demand will go down and not get produced. In Kashmir valley theaters are not running from nearly 20 years now but all watch latest movies - to hell with militant regulators. The viewers decide what to watch is the best regulation.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.