Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

Again this is about Vizag restaurants.

Whatever a particular hotel is having for a particular day, it will be displayed in a board along with the rates.. After seeing the board and confirming that the Hotel is having what he needs, the customer will by tickets. This is one way. Another way is , after you sit down immediately a server appears and discloses the things available in a sing song manner.. Here too the eater can have his choice..

In that case it is not a thali but general system. A Thali contains everything at first serving apart from additional chapatis, rice, Papad, sweets and whatever you ask for but the menu remains same and every dish served at the beginning itself. And they do not allow two persons in one Thali including children over 4-5, that's what is system in most such eating joints in our area..

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Again this is about Vizag restaurants.

Whatever a particular hotel is having for a particular day, it will be displayed in a board along with the rates.. After seeing the board and confirming that the Hotel is having what he needs, the customer will by tickets. This is one way. Another way is , after you sit down immediately a server appears and discloses the things available in a sing song manner.. Here too the eater can have his choice..

In that case it is not a thali but general system. A Thali contains everything at first serving apart from additional chapatis, rice, Papad, sweets and whatever you ask for but the menu remains same and every dish served at the beginning itself. And they do not allow two persons in one Thali including children over 4-5, that's what is system in most such eating joints in our area..

No it's a Thali. Depending upon the type of restaurant, The thali contents and the rates are clearly specified. For example take a Gujarati hotel. They display all the contents like Pulka, type of veg dishes and the raw vegetables like Muli etc.

Not just us even foreigners who visit India love thali since it is a complete and an affordable meal that can be had all over the country in different forms ..

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2011/01/20/thalis-and-flying-chapatis/

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Of course for a foreigner with an exploring mind who wishes to know all about a country, the eating practices and their specialties will help in throwing light. In this case Thalis of different regions will enable the tourists not only to know about the eating habits of a region, but they can enjoy the cuisine of different regions.

A feast for both his eyes and the tongue. 

usha manohar wrote:

Not just us even foreigners who visit India love thali since it is a complete and an affordable meal that can be had all over the country in different forms ..

True...foreigners are totally fascinated with Indian food. we often had clients from all over the world, especially UK, who wanted us to take to all kinds of eateries where locals ate food, they did not want the fancy restaurants but wanted to try typical, authentic stuff that local people ate. They even wanted to try out street food in Pune such as Wada Pav, chaats etc. and enjoyed every bite they ate. They especially like sea food that we get in India because the fish and other sea food in Europe and elsewhere is not as tasty as the ones found here. So there is one good place in Pune, called Mahesh Lunch Home, which serves a variety of seafood thalis, where we used to take our clients at least once.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

True...foreigners are totally fascinated with Indian food. we often had clients from all over the world, especially UK, who wanted us to take to all kinds of eateries where locals ate food, they did not want the fancy restaurants but wanted to try typical, authentic stuff that local people ate. They even wanted to try out street food in Pune such as Wada Pav, chaats etc. and enjoyed every bite they ate. They especially like sea food that we get in India because the fish and other sea food in Europe and elsewhere is not as tasty as the ones found here. So there is one good place in Pune, called Mahesh Lunch Home, which serves a variety of seafood thalis, where we used to take our clients at least once.

That sounds lovely ..Although I love all our sea food preparations, I still prefer the continental sea food dishes since they use very little spice, lots of lemon,pepper and herbs and it is far more healthier !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

That sounds lovely ..Although I love all our sea food preparations, I still prefer the continental sea food dishes since they use very little spice, lots of lemon,pepper and herbs and it is far more healthier !

Yeah Usha, continental dishes are prepared with far less herbs and spices than Indian dishes are but the foreigners claim that the inherent taste of seafood in India is far superior than they have tasted elsewhere. I personally would not know since I have never eaten seafood.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

We the people of coastal regions are very well acquainted with  Sea food as well as dry fish preparations. Here in Vizag  in R.K Beach one can see a host of sea food preparations.Every evening sea food lovers queue up to grab these preparations.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Yeah Usha, continental dishes are prepared with far less herbs and spices than Indian dishes are but the foreigners claim that the inherent taste of seafood in India is far superior than they have tasted elsewhere. I personally would not know since I have never eaten seafood.

That's true Kalyani, I have tasted fish here as well as in UK and other places and tropical fish like Sear fish, Mackerel, Sardines etc are tastier here probably because of the weather. But certain other fish like Salmon and Haddock are tastier there since they are native to that area..

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

The thali is a typical Indian dish and much appreciated in Abu Dhabi, with Gujrati thali having pride of place

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.