Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I am not aware about your area but in our part of the country yoga camps are held in each city free of cost at a regular interval by trained Acharyas with lots of people attending them regularly for entire duration of the camp. By the way the famous Patanjali Peeth of Yoga of Ramdev is only 110 km from my place which allows free yoga classes.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

In my city Vizag there are a plethora of of Yoga camps which are of free cost and Yoga teaching institutes including advanced Yoga classes are held. But I never utilized these camps or classes. I learned Yoga through Books. Many people are under the impression Yoga should be learned under the supervision of a Trained Yoga expert. And it is the  25 year of my Yoga. No BP. No sugar, No nothing.

Incidentally i just got out after completing my Pranayama.

In addition to the physical asanas, yoga involves Pranayama, Meditation and practice of moral virtues in life. It is a complete package that makes a person towards perfection in physical, mental and spiritual levels.  How it can be considered as Sports? Sports refer to competition and entertainment. How can Meditation and Pranayama include in a competition, without destroying their dignity?  It is OK with respect to asanas only.  Then it should be corrected as ‘Yogasana is recognized as sports’, but not Yoga, which is a whole package. 

That is implied. Yogasanas are a part of Yoga. Yoga in its entirety includes all Ygaasanas.

RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

In addition to the physical asanas, yoga involves Pranayama, Meditation and practice of moral virtues in life. It is a complete package that makes a person towards perfection in physical, mental and spiritual levels.  How it can be considered as Sports? Sports refer to competition and entertainment. How can Meditation and Pranayama include in a competition, without destroying their dignity?  It is OK with respect to asanas only.  Then it should be corrected as ‘Yogasana is recognized as sports’, but not Yoga, which is a whole package. 

Actually, Yoga is beingpromoted the easy way. Only exercise part and some activites that can be considered as sports are only being presented as Yoga. Meditation, Praranama and Surya Pranam are in not in the lime light.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yoga can be treated as a sport because it has all the potentialities of any other sport. After all the purpose any sport is to provide good body condition. And what can be a better sport than Yoga to serve this purpose ?

suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:

Another jhumla by the jhumla party !!!!

We have got used to Jumlas in last 68 years so one more will not hurt us much. However I agree with everyone Yoga is way of life but cannot be placed in sports category. 

But it did, didn't it?

vijay wrote:
suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:

Another jhumla by the jhumla party !!!!

We have got used to Jumlas in last 68 years so one more will not hurt us much. However I agree with everyone Yoga is way of life but cannot be placed in sports category. 

But it did, didn't it?

Yes it did and going to be a resounding success.

Everyone is agreed that yoga is not a sport except one. Is this due to yoga?

If agreed it's ok. If there are who do not agree. Why i should break my head and pull my hair to convince them when my duty is to EXPRESS my opinion ?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.