Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Agreed. Senior citizens are more occupied and earning too. This keeps them healthy and mentally alert. This is far better than leading a dull and monotonous life holding a Rudraksha Mala.

Technology is very helpful for everyone. A kid can learn several things via the technology. Similarly, technology serves as a benefit for old people. Today old people are in a midst of solitude therefore, technology these days help them overcome their solitude and avoid depression. Old people can live a comfortable life with the help of technology and the knowledge of technology help them share their views and problems to everyone in the world basically via the online facilities available.

Mostly, senior citizen's valuable experience is wasted in sitting and Gossiping. This valuable time can be diverted to spread their knowledge and sharing with others. Providentially technology comes handy. Wisdom lies in utilizing the power of technology to the senior citizens advantage,

The best thing that has happened with the advent of technology is the way we can communicate with our loved ones. I remember the time we used to depend on telegrams and trunk-calls for communication. Most of the time the calls and telegrams did not materialized timely or the transaction completed after the need was over. I also remember the time when a money-order service to send money from one place to other was such a pain and some times it took months to reach to the person who was in immediate need of money.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Things ought to change. Nothing stays forever. This is very much true in the case of technology. Many seniors citizens who used to indulge in Bhajans once have found a new avenue to put their experience and views which they acquired over decades are sharing their views with the world. If you see , many active senior citizens are utilizing the advantage for them.

Shri Rambabu Sir, I do not know if you understand Tamil.  However, if you do, or if yhou have someone who knows Tamil and Telugu, kindly watch a health program at 8.30 AM everyday, on Sun TV.  This is all about Siddha cure and more of preventive care and cure as well.  Now, SUN TV reaches all parts of the world.  This is the power of technology, and the program is particularly helpful to the Senior Citizens who would be battling against diabetes, or pain in their legs, or respiratory problems and so on.

Such is the power of technology that a whole range of sharing and caring for old people and very useful information, is now available in all languages.  Even when the parents live in old age homes, Skype has come to their rescue and this is a huge plus.  Likewise, this mobile and internet banking is actually saving a huge amount of time and money for the senior citizens who were spending money on petrol to reach Banks earlier. 

Likwise it is expected that even more advances in technology will make life easier for all, including the senior citizens.  Quite apart from IT, we might as well see pressure cookers cook in three minutes, dosa machines that can make dosas in no time, and so on, as the spread of technology becomes very supreme.  And the cost is not going to be very huge, as we have seen in the case of television and a whole range of electronic goods.

I'm in full agreement with what you said. Though I cannot speak Tamil I can understand. Sun TV is not new to me. Occasionally I view it.

And about Siddha cure also I know. It's a  traditional medicine originated in TamilNadu. Power of Technology is boundless. Those who use it for their advantage will be benefited in a big way.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.