Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Sofs you are partly right but it is a fact that there exists a large cult of people who seem to live on the tidbits and gossips of the lives of various celebrities. These people consist of people from poor to very rich backgrounds, possibly they may be satisfying their own hunger for the limelight and glory that these celebrities get. Human nature I guess!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@ Kalyani

There certainly are groups who relish the gossip. They think that is a sophisticated taste to indulge in such activities. in one way as you said its a desperate attempt to be in the limelight.

rambabu wrote:

@ Kalyani

There certainly are groups who relish the gossip. They think that is a sophisticated taste to indulge in such activities. in one way as you said its a desperate attempt to be in the limelight.

More than sophistication, it is an attempt of trying to live their own dreams knowing fully well that they cannot do so in real life of their own. So they lap up every bit of gossip and glamour surrounding the celebrities and live that life second hand.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

@ Kalyani

More than sophistication, it is an attempt of trying to live their own dreams knowing fully well that they cannot do so in real life of their own. So they lap up every bit of gossip and glamour surrounding the celebrities and live that life second hand.

"Living a second hand life" so apt and true.

Next time when in Mumbai I will visit the Dharavi slums  and not Bandra where film stars live. I will no longer read Filmfare orFemina they write gossip and glamour. I will subscribe to magazine You and Yoga 

vijay wrote:

Next time when in Mumbai I will visit the Dharavi slums  and not Bandra where film stars live. I will no longer read Filmfare orFemina they write gossip and glamour. I will subscribe to magazine You and Yoga 

Good choice! But I seriously doubt that you are the type who would be reading Femina or Filmfare or stardust!!

vijay wrote:

I must admit that you subscribe to You and Yoga is a great and wise choice.

I used to  be a voracious reader till Internet  broke my reading habits. And yes I do enjoy reading all the three mags named by you at barber shops, doctors waiting rooms, airport book stalls, railway platform Wheeler book stalls etc. There was a time when I used to buy them. Today I am more selective. I am not so serious as you seem to be making me out to be.

vijay wrote:

I used to  be a voracious reader till Internet  broke my reading habits. And yes I do enjoy reading all the three mags named by you at barber shops, doctors waiting rooms, airport book stalls, railway platform Wheeler book stalls etc. There was a time when I used to buy them. Today I am more selective. I am not so serious as you seem to be making me out to be.

Oh no no, I didn't meant that you are the serious type, your posts provide ample evidence of that, just that you look like the type who would subscribe to the more intellectual mags! As for me, I can read anything from a comic strip to even more tacky mags like Gruhshobhika etc. although in the waiting rooms, not subscribe to them!

Welcome Vijay. I appreciate your choice of books. I scented quite early that you are a voracious reader.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.