Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
bhuyali saroj wrote:

yes, our reputation depends on the people we are chatting with or the people with whom we are roaming here and there and also depends on the associate where we work day and night. people often compare us with whom they see with us 

Actually gone are the days when 'a person was known by the company he keeps". Earlier people used to attached more importance to such issues, but now it is entirely a person's own character and doings that dictate a person's reputation. Of course, the friend circle does play a part in that but only to a certain extent. So if one wanted to make his reputation grow in a positive manner, he or she will have to work towards and not just seek a suitable crowd.,

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I was reading an interview with an upcoming actress and according to her, instead of acting as a leading lady in a small budget film, if she got a small role in a big budget film she would still take it because she would automatically be recognised as an A grade actress! This is how our society functions now...To a certain extent , may be to start with you may be recognised by the company you keep, but after that it depends entirely on you as to what your reputation would be depending on your work and contribution ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In my initial college days along with some friends I broke the queue to get into a bus but failed to board it. An elderly gentleman asked us which college are we studying in. When we told him the name , he looked at us in a very somber manner and said, students of this college do not behave like this. My college was indeed the best and had a good reputation. Ever since I have realised that the company you belong to also gives you its reputation and expects you to live upto it. So @Kalyani stating that days are over for the company you keep is not right. It surely matters. We all know which party goons belong to, or the corrupt come from or  which party members use religion or which institution is respected for its service to the nation and so on.

Wel, I have heard this many times, we can estimate about a person by judging that persons colleagues or friends and all. But I never believe in such things. Every thing depends upon their individual attitude and their mind. Example am a girl who is very honest in working at office but colleague always escapes from the work but she is my friend. So you cannot judge me by just judge her.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

sarala wrote:

Wel, I have heard this many times, we can estimate about a person by judging that persons colleagues or friends and all. But I never believe in such things. Every thing depends upon their individual attitude and their mind. Example am a girl who is very honest in working at office but colleague always escapes from the work but she is my friend. So you cannot judge me by just judge her.

Well, even i do agree, these days Honesty is not best. Before honesty dishonesty is first in race. So according to the situation we have to play our role. If we completely stay honesty we cannot live in this society. My view is being dishonesty is not wrong but cheating people is wrong.

Your own words in another thread, so which do we believe ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

vijay wrote:

In my initial college days along with some friends I broke the queue to get into a bus but failed to board it. An elderly gentleman asked us which college are we studying in. When we told him the name , he looked at us in a very somber manner and said, students of this college do not behave like this. My college was indeed the best and had a good reputation. Ever since I have realised that the company you belong to also gives you its reputation and expects you to live upto it. So @Kalyani stating that days are over for the company you keep is not right. It surely matters. We all know which party goons belong to, or the corrupt come from or  which party members use religion or which institution is respected for its service to the nation and so on.

As far as goons are concerned, they belong to all the political parties, there is not a single party which does not have goons in their fold. And what I was saying is applicable in general and in all walks of life. The example you cited about your college and its reputation, it holds not much water now., Because there are large number of people from all kinds of reputed institutes and schools, but no longer are seen sticking to the etiquette and decorum of what their respective school, college or whatever stood for. I would like to quote an example here of CME in Pune, the college of military engineering, one of finest in the country, that produces Army Officers in Engineering cadre, Now as you are obviously aware that Indian Army proudly addresses their army cadets as Gentleman Officers and these CME guys used to truly gentleman at one point of time. But in the last decade, there have innumerable instances where these 'gentlemen' have ganged up on hapless civilians and beaten them brutally. The reasons are several, including refusing to serve them after the hotel is closed, shopkeepers not stocking a particular item these people ask for etc. etc. So where is the reputation here? Once a full gang of these guys even stormed a local police station and dragged out constables outside and beat them up. 

@Kalyani is right but implied in her reply is the fact that even she expects members of reputed institutes to behave decently. That it is not happening is deviation which needs to be corrected.

vijay wrote:

@Kalyani is right but implied in her reply is the fact that even she expects members of reputed institutes to behave decently. That it is not happening is deviation which needs to be corrected.

Yes I do expect people from reputed institutes to behave decently because they owe to their alma mater and the society in general too., That is the reason those concerned institutions have the aura and respect and the decency and decorum that those concerned need to respect and preserve! Sadly, the deviation are too many and too frequently !

I would like to go with @Kalyani as well as with @vijay too. The fact is we still expect students from good schools, colleges or institutions to reflect dignity in their attitude and behaviour but in many cases it is missing nowadays and which is a very sorry state. By saying this I would like to point out that if a group of people misbehaves or have a taste for wild fun does not allow us to single out each and everyone and judge them. In a group we cannot expect all to be of the same kind but due to some common reason they are fastened together and they usually tend to behave in a same manner when they are together but by this if we adjudge them as wrong people then it's not worth. Usually, when college friends go for a picnic or so some misbehaviour do take place but there should be some level headed person to control so that no one crosses the limit. Remember, we are talking about general people and not goons so we should not harshly come to a conclusion by observing them when they are together because friends do get charged up but maybe in reality they are very different persons as individuals. So, give some time to judge a person. 

shampasaid

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

From my own experience , a well brought up individual may get out of hand in the company of friends or due to peer pressure but never resorts to criminal activities, which shows a weakness in one's nature. having fun while you are young even going above board at times is acceptable but not resorting to anti socail activities like destroying publi8c property and harming others, that is just not right !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.