Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Sloganeering and  lecturing or to that matter, any way the deeply rooted beliefs and frame of mind of people seldom have an effect .  Woman empowerment was making rounds since long. And parallelly atrocities on women are growing by day. making the issue of Woman Empowerment a laughing stock

If atrocities are increasing then on the other hand there are examples too to show that there is a considerable rise in women empowerment which is a healthy sign. Naturally, we should not stop working for the betterment just because atrocities are increasing rather the awareness work in any form should be promoted more and more. If at least one single person learns from it then also it's a success.   

shampasaid

True. Woman empowerment is on the rise. But atrocities on women too are increasing two fold may be even more. This is all happening despite awareness programmes. I would be the first to applaud if the atrocities on women are reduced even by a small percentage. It takes time. But I'm prepared to wait.

I don't know how such efforts strengthen the cause of women empowerment as the very problem is not a linear one.It is multilayered. Women are not a homogeneous class in India with endless stratifications of urban-rural,rich poor,educated-illiterate and so on and so forth. Some liberated ones turn exploiters.A poor woman is as much open to exploitation by her rich counterpart as any.A cursory glance at cases of domestic violence and dowry deaths would reveal a chilling reality.
Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya

The idea of Women's Empowerment is to break free from all that is derogatory, humiliating, demeaning and unacceptable. The power to say 'NO' to dowry, harassment, violence and so on. This comes with education and awareness. Many a times what women accept as a part of life can change when they see other women like them revolting,breaking age old traditions of suppression, coming out in the open and protesting. In the link provided by @ Shampa the inclusion of the widows from Vrindavan, Kamduni Rape case protesters etc can definitely trigger a thought process in some! It can not be the ultimate method of Empowerment but at least the thought and the effort should be lauded.

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya

@ Lopamudra

I agree with you. For anything to succeed, a good beginning has to be made. Efforts like Depiction of Vrindavan widows, Kamduni rape case protesters in the theme of a Puja Pandal is not only a novel but also trend setting. Changes which have become a part of our lives were once ridiculed.

Hence I expect and hope in a few more years that these themes on the Puja Pendal may become a realty.

rambabu wrote:

@ Lopamudra

I agree with you. For anything to succeed, a good beginning has to be made. Efforts like Depiction of Vrindavan widows, Kamduni rape case protesters in the theme of a Puja Pandal is not only a novel but also trend setting. Changes which have become a part of our lives were once ridiculed.

Hence I expect and hope in a few more years that these themes on the Puja Pendal may become a realty.

It was not a depiction,if I understood correctly. The widows were actually invited and they did participate in the celebrations.

Thank you said by: rambabu
Lopamudra wrote:
rambabu wrote:

@ Lopamudra

It was not a depiction,if I understood correctly. The widows were actually invited and they did participate in the celebrations.

You understood correctly. The widows from Vrindavan took part in the celebrations. Actually, I used a wrong word " Depicted" But I meant the participation of Vrindavan widows too. Thank you for correcting me.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.