Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The leftist views are uncomfortable because they see the problem from the side of the oppressed which maked traditionalists uncomfortable because it is advantageous to them that status quo be maintained.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

It is a fact that people can go to any extent to make others believe what their belief is! You see, Just like Goddess Durga, Goddess Kali is also equally worshipped. She is not fair skinned then what logic will be put forward regarding this, I am curious to know that.

Logic ? It is immature knowledge of the writer. Can he say that all Dalits are black in color ?

@vijay and @rambabu If this is a Leftist thought then I have nothing to say because they can go to any extent to prove there is no God or our faith is absolutely trash. Yes, expecting logic behind such write-ups is actually asking for too much. I won't say it's an immature write-up because the writer explained his opinion quite clearly but this is another point that we do not accept his point of view. To me his opinion is very depressing because we respect God and his thought is an insult to our faith.   

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

@vijay and @rambabu If this is a Leftist thought then I have nothing to say because they can go to any extent to prove there is no God or our faith is absolutely trash. Yes, expecting logic behind such write-ups is actually asking for too much. I won't say it's an immature write-up because the writer explained his opinion quite clearly but this is another point that we do not accept his point of view. To me his opinion is very depressive one because we respect God and his thought is an insult to our faith.   

I agree with you. The writer himself is Bengali. And he has expressed his OWN opinion. as far as Opinion is concerned, is OK. But he never cared for others beliefs . This is not accepted by many devout Bengalis and Non - Bengalis. They were shocked. It's a blow and insult to the traditions and beliefs of the people in general and Bengalis in particular.

One expects that in today's times with modern education and high level of technology, alternate views will be not only tolerated but debated and discussed. There is no need for emotion and every different  view is not to be taken as insult to  prevalent views. Many decades back I remember some famous person saying that it is impossible to prove both the existence and non existence of God. Should we conclude that he is insulting existing beliefs. As knowledge expands old thoughts and beliefs will get scrutinised and may need to be revised. One has to be open to all schools of thought but decide what is best for oneself.

While these rationalists and progressive writers feel that their often insulting point of view should be taken with a pinch of salt or should be received with an open mind, why dont they come out with such pearls of wisdom about other religious faiths and gods as well? Do they have the guts to do so?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

vijay wrote:

One expects that in today's times with modern education and high level of technology, alternate views will be not only tolerated but debated and discussed. There is no need for emotion and every different  view is not to be taken as insult to  prevalent views. Many decades back I remember some famous person saying that it is impossible to prove both the existence and non existence of God. Should we conclude that he is insulting existing beliefs. As knowledge expands old thoughts and beliefs will get scrutinised and may need to be revised. One has to be open to all schools of thought but decide what is best for oneself.

A debate on Existence or non - existence of God by that famous person expressed his doubt. But never pin-pointedly insulted others beliefs unlike the writer of the thread insulted the sentiments of a particular community.

To say that there is no use of becoming emotional is easier said than done.

@rambabu Goddess Durga is not a property of Bengalis. The rest of the country celebrates Navaratra in which Maa Durga is worshipped. In Bengal or for Bengalis just the name of the festival changes into Durga Puja. So, whoever has faith in Durga will feel hurt. By the way @vijay is right that we should not take it as insult. If we want to believe then no one can force us not to believe and we must learn to ignore such opinions.  

shampasaid

I clearly mentioned that the writer's opinions hurt the feelings of both Bengalis And non _ Bengalis. Yes Durga Puja is not  only worshipped by Bengalis alone.Bengalis call it as Durga Puja we in AP call as Nava Ratri,

@rambabu , the ideas expressed in the said article should be refuted by presenting facts to negate his views rather than using choicest adjectives to denounce him. What he has stated is it wrong, I am asking you pointedly? Pl answer with facts. Let us debate it. Thanks.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.