Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
vijay wrote:

So should we blame Muslims or strengthen our religion?

Strengthen our religion to such an extent that none can take Hinduism for granted. We  committed this mistake of being tolerant earlier. But we learned the lessons.

We were not tolerant but were disunited and did not change our hateful attitude towards bulk of Hindus the lower castes something we practice today also. Upper cast in minority Hindus do not want beef to be eaten by majority lower cast Hindus. Our rigidity is Hinduism's weakness. Who wull strengthen it, the one's who want Vedic practices or the ones who want winds of change to blow across Hinduism?

No amount of wind or gales or Blizzard can change the Vedas and Vedic practices of Hinduism. It has survived for centuries and continue to survive for ever in this land Hindus.

Among the beef eaters in India the majority are Muslims , almost 40 -50% of the Muslim population and then come the Christians and Hindus are next. Only 2% of Hindus eat beef although going by the numbers they may be more than Christians , so the argument that majority of the low caste Hindus eat beef is not true..There are more beef eaters among the Scheduled caste than in any other group/

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/RhPVLUFmclIDWRIiSoTC7N/Who-are-the-beef-eaters-in-India.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

More than 8 crore Indians eat beef, why should they be deprived of it and beef will be exported for non Indians to eat. Can there be a better example of denying proteins to fellow Indians and feeding non Indians. Vedic practices of Hinduism are not under attack, the rigid attitude of many Indians are. They run to Vedas for cover instead of rational arguments.

Can you say with a proof that vedas are irrational ? I expressed my opinion like it or leave it

At no point have I ever said that Vedas are irrational. Those are your words. I maintain that Vedas cannot be superimposed directly in today's times. They are not rigid. They promote dialog and discussion to arrive at rational conclusions. Opinions expressed in public can be challenged. Otherwise it is merely a point generating activity.

Religion is a man made institution that evolved because of certain societal needs and has now become more a menace, than a boon...But one cannot wish it away and one can see that many customs and traditions too are connected to religion, so whether one believes or not religion does play a very important role in our lives . If people can be tolerant and also be analytical rather than blindly following something that has been passed down to them, there would be awareness and tolerance since religion loses its undue importance!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The common people are usually tolerant. It is only the politicians and some persons with agenda who periodically whip up religious issues to make easy gains by polarising the masses. 

I agree. People in general are tolerant. But unfortunately, these very people are electing intolerant representatives and sending them to the Parliament.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.