Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Jincy Aby wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

While I have the highest regard for the standard of education and the disciplinary aspects of Convent schools, I have some bad memories as well because of the unfairness of it ! Christian girls were allowed to wear crosses whereas Hindu girls were asked to remove any religious pendants on a chain, it happened to me and when I questioned them, they were quite insulting about Hinduism. There were several other such minor incidents which left a mark on me and others as well. I met the nuns many years later and we spoke on the same subject and they did feel that they could have avoided it.This changed view was probably because of the changed atmosphere in Mangalore and Bangalore where Hindus had begun to strike back by then and were not ready to take such things lying down ! 

The Christian educational institutions which are run by Parish Priests are all right because they give necessary freedom to all children. But in convent schools, the nuns are always very strict and rude and do not give freedom to children. They do not know the feelings of children because they are not mothers. Rejecting children from wearing their own religious symbols are too much. Never do like that. But there is one plus point for convent schools that the children who studied in convent schools are always seemed to be so smart as a result of their proper training. 

Fortunately, I never had such a bad experience neither in my school or college life in Carmel. I never heard that any student faced such a discrimination. Thank God! Carmel in Patna was not like that.

It also depends on how concentrated the place is with a particular community. North India does not have the same density of Christian population as south India has. Mangalore has a very large number of Christians both Catholic and Protestants who have contributed a lot for the betterment of the city and also have many educational institutions run by them. This used to makes them a little arrogant and behave in a high handed manner, not any more though !

You definitely have a strong point. In Patna, Bihar there are many Missionary schools and during my time too there were many such schools but certainly they were not the majority so may be their approach was different.

shampasaid

India is tolerant and intolerant as well, well what i think that there should be some intolerance inside because we are tolerant then anybody can take advantage of our silence and what i think that this should not happen 

bhuyali saroj

Why there should be intolerance ? India was tolerant and remain tolerant. Hinduism accepted every religion. And continues to accept all religions. Only thing is other religions should not take India for granted.

rambabu wrote:

Why there should be intolerance ? India was tolerant and remain tolerant. Hinduism accepted every religion. And continues to accept all religions. Only thing is other religions should not take India for granted.

Frank Moraes wrote of the "meek and mild hindu". That has not changed and the result is that other religions do not respect Hinduism. Hindus accept it.

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Frank Moraes wrote of the "meek and mild hindu". That has not changed and the result is that other religions do not respect Hinduism. Hindus accept it.

Much happened after Frank Moraes described India as ' Meek and Mild.' India is no more Meek and Mild. Wait and see how things will change in the days to come,

rambabu wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Much happened after Frank Moraes described India as ' Meek and Mild.' India is no more Meek and Mild. Wait and see how things will change in the days to come,

Does not appear likely as the student leaders who started the agitation in JNU are holed up in the University and as per last reports the Police have not entered the university to arrest them. Maybe because some of them are Muslims.

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Does not appear likely as the student leaders who started the agitation in JNU are holed up in the University and as per last reports the Police have not entered the university to arrest them. Maybe because some of them are Muslims.

Latest new says Delhi police are debating whether they should enter JNU campus. The police believe that more people allegedly involved in the JNU sedition case.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/sedition-case-suspects-still-in-jnu-police-debate-entering-campus-again/

As a rule police cannot enter campuses unless permitted by its VC. Even if there were no Muslims the rule is equally applicable.

In my above thread i said that there is a debating in the police whether to enter JNU or not

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.