The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Babu saroj wrote:

well if the child is not willing to go to school then it's better to promise him to give something which he/she will like a lot and so that he/she will get ready to go to school 

Do you even realize and understand what you really write?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

In the beginning most children are reluctant to leave the comfy home atmosphere and spend time with strangers in an alien environment. Parents can speak positively about the school and be there initially until the child gets used to the teachers and class mates. In some cases children play truant even when they are in school , which in some cases may be due to poor health or some problem at school, better to speak to the child on a daily basis about his or her activities at school, so that parents are aware if there is some minor problem, which the child may not divulge otherwise.

True...most often, a child's reluctance to go to school is due to separation anxiety, fear of being away from the mother in the company of strangers. To overcome this, the teachers also need to work to make children feel comfortable> When my son first going to play school, his teacher had a policy that the first two days, mothers also had to sit in the class with her child, third day onwards, we just had to wait outside the classroom at a place from where our kids could see us. Many women used to complain about it saying their time was being wasted, but I felt it necessary and important. Because my son never once cried in school, even when he started attending regular school which was 8 kilometres away and has to travel by a school bus alone. So making a child comfortable and secure in the school is very important.

It is good that your son is being so sensible and has adjusted so well, because I know some children take months together before they get used to the routine. My youngest daughter hated school in the beginning but after constantly talking to her, and the teachers, things became easier..

I guess it is because the schools take a little efforts to get the mothers too involved in the school routine when kids start schools, which was not the case previously a few years back.

Kalyani, my two younger children started their schooling in London and the system there is quite different in that, it is mostly play time and word building during the Kindergarten years with absolutely no stress and excellent parent teacher interaction, and added to that I was teaching in the same school. But my daughter preferred staying at home because she had some kind of fear of leaving home. But I really appreciated the manner in which this was tackled by the teacher and within a week Naomi was fine with the school. In fact  loved it so much that she was very sad when she had to go to the primary school , which was in a different building ! I guess each child is different and on an average the youngest and only children normally take longer to  adjust , that's what we had been told when we were taking training for nursery classes, which meant we had to tackle them differently !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:

well if the child is not willing to go to school then it's better to promise him to give something which he/she will like a lot and so that he/she will get ready to go to school 

Any type of greed is not in interest of child. It makes them rigid.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:

Bribing a child is the worst education one can give as parents. 

shampasaid

The main reason for the refusal of a child  to go to school is, the child, after a period of  caring, the child fears to leave that cozy atmosphere. It's a natural phenomenon. Now after the introduction of Play Schools concept in the Educational system,  this fear in the children almost disappeared. My own Grand child, who started  her schooling recently never refuses to go to School. Some times, she even talks  even during sleeping about her playmates in the School. Play Schools are doing a good job in this regard.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:

i am not saying about giving bribe to the child, what i am saying is that giving something to the child like his favourite dish when he/she will return to home from school, so that he/she go to school and learn with an interest 

bhuyali saroj

Babu saroj wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:

i am not saying about giving bribe to the child, what i am saying is that giving something to the child like his favourite dish when he/she will return to home from school, so that he/she go to school and learn with an interest 

This is what happens, when you are not clear about your thoughts and put them in writing. Now, you yourself can see, how your response created wrong messages in the members.

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

In the beginning most children are reluctant to leave the comfy home atmosphere and spend time with strangers in an alien environment. Parents can speak positively about the school and be there initially until the child gets used to the teachers and class mates. In some cases children play truant even when they are in school , which in some cases may be due to poor health or some problem at school, better to speak to the child on a daily basis about his or her activities at school, so that parents are aware if there is some minor problem, which the child may not divulge otherwise.

True...most often, a child's reluctance to go to school is due to separation anxiety, fear of being away from the mother in the company of strangers. To overcome this, the teachers also need to work to make children feel comfortable> When my son first going to play school, his teacher had a policy that the first two days, mothers also had to sit in the class with her child, third day onwards, we just had to wait outside the classroom at a place from where our kids could see us. Many women used to complain about it saying their time was being wasted, but I felt it necessary and important. Because my son never once cried in school, even when he started attending regular school which was 8 kilometres away and has to travel by a school bus alone. So making a child comfortable and secure in the school is very important.

It is good that your son is being so sensible and has adjusted so well, because I know some children take months together before they get used to the routine. My youngest daughter hated school in the beginning but after constantly talking to her, and the teachers, things became easier..

I guess it is because the schools take a little efforts to get the mothers too involved in the school routine when kids start schools, which was not the case previously a few years back.

Kalyani, my two younger children started their schooling in London and the system there is quite different in that, it is mostly play time and word building during the Kindergarten years with absolutely no stress and excellent parent teacher interaction, and added to that I was teaching in the same school. But my daughter preferred staying at home because she had some kind of fear of leaving home. But I really appreciated the manner in which this was tackled by the teacher and within a week Naomi was fine with the school. In fact  loved it so much that she was very sad when she had to go to the primary school , which was in a different building ! I guess each child is different and on an average the youngest and only children normally take longer to  adjust , that's what we had been told when we were taking training for nursery classes, which meant we had to tackle them differently !

Very true Usha, each child is a different and unique individual and needs to be tackled differently. Some children immediately take up the idea of being separated from their mothers and get on well at school while some take their own time, we must let the kids do that settling at their own pace.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Babu saroj wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:

When you suggest that a child should be promised something for sending him/her to school is certainly a kind of bribe. Bribing does not always mean to give some money. What a little kid will do with money but the moment we say, 'if you go to school and then after you come back from school I will give you ice-cream or toy or anything under the sun' is equivalent to bribing which is absolutely wrong.

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:

When you suggest that a child should be promised something for sending him/her to school is certainly a kind of bribe. Bribing does not always mean to give some money. What a little kid will do with money but the moment we say, 'if you go to school then after you come back from school then I will give you ice-cream or toy or anything under the sun' is equivalent to bribing which is absolutely wrong.

Parents are the culprits in most cases where they tend to bribe the child for carrying gossip that they overheard or not telling so and so thing to the father because it would cause friction or helping out at home ! They simply don't realise that in later years children would hold them responsible for any shortcomings in their own behavior !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.