Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
anil wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

The 21st century is different from any era of the past as the youngsters mature earlier. As such the law also must change.  As I have pointed out the age of a juvenile is now 12 years in the USA, because boys of 13/14 are killing people with guns.I remember reading that a 13-year-old boy was recently sentenced to 25 years jail for a murder with his father's gun. 

In India also, a change is called for. 

No doubt young of this era is smart and mature that earlier. But it is not fair to compare young of India with USA. Culture and tradition of USA and India is much differ.

To an extent I agree, but we have to accept that due to globalization, the lifestyle of people in USA and elsewhere is a big attraction for people in India and the children are not behind. They are exposed to violent cartoons, movies and are turning down Indian values, of course, they alone cannot be blamed for that. When parents are busy running behind money, they hardly have time to see what is happening in their homes. Look around and see how most children and teenagers are so self absorbed in themselves, they want only branded clothes, latest smartphones, and want to start dating even before they start earning. Starting from common thievery to rape and murders, you name it and Indian children have started indulging in them all. Time is not far when they will start shooting others in schools and other public places if not addressed on time.

Kalyani, Shooting cases may not be rampant but nowadays some such cases are taking place. I have read about such incidents in the newspaper involving teenage boys in Delhi. To an extent parents are to be blamed when such incidents take place among the boys from middle class families and high societies. Parents are giving every kind of liberty and expensive things to their children to show off their standard but on the other hand they are ruining the future of their children by exposing them to all sorts of unwanted things which rob their innocence.

shampasaid

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
anil wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

The 21st century is different from any era of the past as the youngsters mature earlier. As such the law also must change.  As I have pointed out the age of a juvenile is now 12 years in the USA, because boys of 13/14 are killing people with guns.I remember reading that a 13-year-old boy was recently sentenced to 25 years jail for a murder with his father's gun. 

No doubt young of this era is smart and mature that earlier. But it is not fair to compare young of India with USA. Culture and tradition of USA and India is much differ.

To an extent I agree, but we have to accept that due to globalization, the lifestyle of people in USA and elsewhere is a big attraction for people in India and the children are not behind. They are exposed to violent cartoons, movies and are turning down Indian values, of course, they alone cannot be blamed for that. When parents are busy running behind money, they hardly have time to see what is happening in their homes. Look around and see how most children and teenagers are so self absorbed in themselves, they want only branded clothes, latest smartphones, and want to start dating even before they start earning. Starting from common thievery to rape and murders, you name it and Indian children have started indulging in them all. Time is not far when they will start shooting others in schools and other public places if not addressed on time.

Kalyani, Shooting cases may not be rampant but nowadays some such cases are taking place. I have read about such incidents in the newspaper involving teenage boys in Delhi. To an extent parents are to be blamed when such incidents take place among the boys from middle class families and high societies. Parents are giving every kind of liberty and expensive things to their children to show off their standard but on the other hand they are ruining the future of their children by exposing them to all sorts of unwanted things which rob their innocence.

Yes it is right that life style of Westren countries and fair color is attraction for Indian. India was a country of moral value but with passing of time these are declining speedly. Broken of joint family system is also one reason. Today every thing is available on internet. Children are maturing at the age of childhood. A five years old child know what is sex and rape.

MG Singh wrote:

I agree with you. The very fact that one has committed heinous crimes like Rape and torture amounts to very serious offense that calls for severe action. Irrespective of the age of the perpetrator, the concerned should be tried and punished.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
anil wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

True Shampa. I also feel that parents' inability to cope up with fast changing atmosphere leaves them in confusion as to how to deal with the changes on one side and with their children on the other. There are ever increasing reports of underaged children being caught redhanded for robbing hi-end bikes and using them to show off to others. A couple of teenagers were caught who indulged in stealing monograms from luxury cars such as Mercedes and BMW etc and selling them for quick profits. In all these instances, the children from either lower middle class to lower income groups and they just wanted to experience glamorous lifestyle.

Also, in the last 8 days in Pune, many residential areas are falling prey to vandalism and arson where antisocial elements are setting fire to two wheelers and cars in the dark of the night. By today's count., more than 100 twowheelers and 20-30 cars have been burnt down until now and involvement of teenagers in this arsonism is also quite evident.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
anil wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

True Shampa. I also feel that parents' inability to cope up with fast changing atmosphere leaves them in confusion as to how to deal with the changes on one side and with their children on the other. There are ever increasing reports of underaged children being caught redhanded for robbing hi-end bikes and using them to show off to others. A couple of teenagers were caught who indulged in stealing monograms from luxury cars such as Mercedes and BMW etc and selling them for quick profits. In all these instances, the children from either lower middle class to lower income groups and they just wanted to experience glamorous lifestyle.

Also, in the last 8 days in Pune, many residential areas are falling prey to vandalism and arson where antisocial elements are setting fire to two wheelers and cars in the dark of the night. By today's count., more than 100 twowheelers and 20-30 cars have been burnt down until now and involvement of teenagers in this arsonism is also quite evident.

I am also a mother of a teenager and really very much worried about his future. The present scenario is so frightening that one has to be very watchful because negative traits attract the young minds very quickly. By the way, about the Pune incident I want to know what is the reason behind such vandalism? I hope our lawmakers stop giving blind look towards the juvenile crime and take a stern step. If it's not done now then India's future is doubtful.

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
anil wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

I am also a mother of a teenager and really very much worried about his future. The present scenario is so frightening that one has to be very watchful because negative traits attract the young minds very quickly. By the way, about the Pune incident I want to know what is the reason behind such vandalism? I hope our lawmakers stop giving blind look towards the juvenile crime and take a stern step. If it's not done now then India's future is doubtful.

THe reasons for such vandalism are many including revenge for petty slights, hurting egos etc. and one incident was a result of a disturbed psychotic mind! Truth is, as a mother of an 8-year-old, I too am worried the kind of exposure he is liable to be exposed to and what kind of reaction he will show et.c But the best we can do for now is keep talking to them about such things, discuss the reasons why people behave in such manner and what choices we as persons can make, etc. and hope for the best!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

well if we talk about how to tackle juvenile criminals then it surely depends on the crime they did because some are excusable and some are not

bhuyali saroj

Babu saroj wrote:well if we talk about how to tackle juvenile criminals then it surely depends on the crime they did because some are excusable and some are not
Only very young children below 12 years can be spared. But not above the age of 12 years. They should be treated as   criminals and should be punished according to the law.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
anil wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

THe reasons for such vandalism are many including revenge for petty slights, hurting egos etc. and one incident was a result of a disturbed psychotic mind! Truth is, as a mother of an 8-year-old, I too am worried the kind of exposure he is liable to be exposed to and what kind of reaction he will show et.c But the best we can do for now is keep talking to them about such things, discuss the reasons why people behave in such manner and what choices we as persons can make, etc. and hope for the best!

Kalyani, Thank you for the information. Yes, you are right that we should have an open communication with our children. Talk to them regarding good and evil both according to their age and always show them the good and bad effects of the various deed. Hopefully, if we continue to remain positive and guide them in a positive direction then God will never dishearten us and our children will follow the right path! 

shampasaid

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Babu saroj wrote:well if we talk about how to tackle juvenile criminals then it surely depends on the crime they did because some are excusable and some are not

There never is any excuse for crime because it harms others..The only crime that is excusable is one done in self defence and unplanned. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.