Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

There is no point in maintaining the claim that juveniles are immature and cannot distinguish between right and wrong. When they can plan and kill someone in cold blood with such obviously twisted and evil mindset, there is can be no shred of innocence present in them. Of course not all juvenile crimes are heinous and twisted as in this particular case or the Nirbhaya case. While sentencing them, it should be considered from case to case, such horrible cases, the juvenile can in no way be treated as juveniles but should be treated as adults. Such evidently evil and perverted juveniles can never be transformed.

Sorry but i little bit disagree with you, i think the juvenile criminal are immature and they are manipulated by someone and even they got manipulated by the system and society which hates them. which makes them to do something bad for the society. yeah doing something bad for the society is a crime but they don't know what they are doing and causes they have to face in their near future 

Let me ask you first, are you aware of what exactly and how things happened in both cases which I pointed out. Where did system or the society go wrong when the poor girl boarded the bus in which the perverts decided to rape her and mutilate her body. Who manipulated these people into doing that to the girl? Even a small child as young as 4 understands that playing with a knife will hurt him or others around him. This crazy as*** was nearing 18 and you say the likes of him cannot understand what is right and wrong? I suggest you get your own facts straight before making such comments. Just because he was not legally adult does not mean he knew what are the consequences of raping and mutilating a young girl. you have a really funny way of analyzing facts!

Yes @Kalyani exactly this is how I feel about these juvenile criminals. Juveniles who are petty thieves definitely deserve to be treated as juveniles but those who raped, murdered and mutilated lives of others should not be spared. Those who say that they should be treated as juveniles are actually mocking at the pain received by the victims and their families. Ideological statements sound good but should not be put into action.

True Shampa, empty ideology will not bring back the victim to life nor lessen the pain and anguish suffered by his or her family. In fact, we as Indians have always overrated ideology since the days of receiving Independence that in the process, justice has always been overlooked. What use is empty words of transformation, change, repentance of the criminal when he has already destroyed several lives. It is this kind of unwillingness to be more proactive on dishing out justice that has emboldened many a criminals to commit heinous crimes.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Mostly the juvenile crimes are related to low income groups. It is necessary to impart proper schooling and education to such potential juvenile criminals. Many children don't go to school but begin working with adults in restaurants, vehicle repair shops. They mix with adults since very childhood and lose their innocence. It is necessary to tackle the kissue from social and psychological angle.

It is right that crimes by juveniles are not only problem of law and order, it is also social and psychological problem. Courts must be consider this fact while deciding cases of juveniles.  

The problem has been too much consideration by the law that has gone on to embolden certain type of deviant youngsters , who commit all kinds of  extremrly violent crimes like rape and murder. They should be shown no mercy whatsoever and given adult punishment.

yes nature of crime is important in deciding case of juveniles, no excuse in case of rape and murder. Only cruel most person can murder and rape.

Babu saroj wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

There is no point in maintaining the claim that juveniles are immature and cannot distinguish between right and wrong. When they can plan and kill someone in cold blood with such obviously twisted and evil mindset, there is can be no shred of innocence present in them. Of course not all juvenile crimes are heinous and twisted as in this particular case or the Nirbhaya case. While sentencing them, it should be considered from case to case, such horrible cases, the juvenile can in no way be treated as juveniles but should be treated as adults. Such evidently evil and perverted juveniles can never be transformed.

Sorry but i little bit disagree with you, i think the juvenile criminal are immature and they are manipulated by someone and even they got manipulated by the system and society which hates them. which makes them to do something bad for the society. yeah doing something bad for the society is a crime but they don't know what they are doing and causes they have to face in their near future 

Let me ask you first, are you aware of what exactly and how things happened in both cases which I pointed out. Where did system or the society go wrong when the poor girl boarded the bus in which the perverts decided to rape her and mutilate her body. Who manipulated these people into doing that to the girl? Even a small child as young as 4 understands that playing with a knife will hurt him or others around him. This crazy as*** was nearing 18 and you say the likes of him cannot understand what is right and wrong? I suggest you get your own facts straight before making such comments. Just because he was not legally adult does not mean he knew what are the consequences of raping and mutilating a young girl. you have a really funny way of analyzing facts!

Yes @Kalyani exactly this is how I feel about these juvenile criminals. Juveniles who are petty thieves definitely deserve to be treated as juveniles but those who raped, murdered and mutilated lives of others should not be spared. Those who say that they should be treated as juveniles are actually mocking at the pain received by the victims and their families. Ideological statements sound good but should not be put into action.

well i was not discussing about the heinous crimes which are not excusable i was saying about the crimes which are theft etc. but whereas about rape it is not a crime, i am sorry i am unable to think bigger word than crime because it is much bigger than that and for doing that the only way to justify it, by giving that person death sentence by the court. i think it will also be less. 

I am sorry to point out that it is very unfortunate when you comment just for the sake of commenting. This thread deals with a very sensitive issue and you went on commenting without understanding the actual point. What is the use of such a discussion? 

shampasaid

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I completely agree with you. You have exactly processed my thoughts. Juvenile who commits a hedious crime like rape is no more immature person. Such people are well aware of the surroundings hence they should be punished strictly. There should be no mercy on such criminals.

Bajirao wrote:
JtKalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I completely agree with you. You have exactly processed my thoughts. Juvenile who commits a hedious crime like rape is no more immature person. Such people are well aware of the surroundings hence they should be punished strictly. There should be no mercy on such criminals.

More importantly such offender's become habitual offenders once they realise that the punishment is easy and they can get away with their crime. Age is not s factory all where crime is concerned because, the very fact that someone so young has such a deviant mentality shows there is something drastically wrong . I feel that besides punishment , they also need to be given psychiatric counselling ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Bajirao wrote:
JtKalyani Nandurkar wrote:

More importantly such offender's become habitual offenders once they realise that the punishment is easy and they can get away with their crime. Age is not s factory all where crime is concerned because, the very fact that someone so young has such a deviant mentality shows there is something drastically wrong . I feel that besides punishment , they also need to be given psychiatric counselling ..

Very true....the juvenile delinquents must be dealed with according to the nature of the case and there cannot be a single hard and fast rule according to the age criteria. The facts such as how cold blooded and heinous the crime has been carried out without a shred of later remorse, and the nature of injuries inflicted on the victim must be considered. It is indeed very ridiculous and stupid to say that juveniles canot understand right and wrong as some member has been maintaining all the way along.

The 21st century is different from any era of the past as the youngsters mature earlier. As such the law also must change.  As I have pointed out the age of a juvenile is now 12 years in the USA, because boys of 13/14 are killing people with guns.I remember reading that a 13-year-old boy was recently sentenced to 25 years jail for a murder with his father's gun. 

In India also, a change is called for. 

well I think all of us should suggest something to stop all that things instead of describing what happened in the past. I know the emotions, but we cannot correct our past but we can rectify from our past by making our present strong with laws and protection such as 5 to 6 Night-guards in every single streets. So to make the females future safe.

I suggest everyone to suggest anything which can be done to stop all these :--

bhuyali saroj

MG Singh wrote:

The 21st century is different from any era of the past as the youngsters mature earlier. As such the law also must change.  As I have pointed out the age of a juvenile is now 12 years in the USA, because boys of 13/14 are killing people with guns.I remember reading that a 13-year-old boy was recently sentenced to 25 years jail for a murder with his father's gun. 

No doubt young of this era is smart and mature that earlier. But it is not fair to compare young of India with USA. Culture and tradition of USA and India is much differ.

anil wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

No doubt young of this era is smart and mature that earlier. But it is not fair to compare young of India with USA. Culture and tradition of USA and India is much differ.

To an extent I agree, but we have to accept that due to globalization, the lifestyle of people in USA and elsewhere is a big attraction for people in India and the children are not behind. They are exposed to violent cartoons, movies and are turning down Indian values, of course, they alone cannot be blamed for that. When parents are busy running behind money, they hardly have time to see what is happening in their homes. Look around and see how most children and teenagers are so self absorbed in themselves, they want only branded clothes, latest smartphones, and want to start dating even before they start earning. Starting from common thievery to rape and murders, you name it and Indian children have started indulging in them all. Time is not far when they will start shooting others in schools and other public places if not addressed on time.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.