Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Bajirao wrote:My grandmom use to make cinnamon tea and she use to say it has several health benefits. She was uneducated but still she said that Cinnamon has ability to prevent many types of cancer. Our family regularly drinks cinnamon tea. It has delicious taste and lot of health benefits.

Cinnamon tea sounds quite delicious. I make mint tea, cardamom tea etc but have never tried cinnamon tea. What is the recipe of the tea that you drink at home? Do share here!

In my ancestral house here in Mangalore , we have several trees of cinnamon , some are very old and huge. The bark is collected and dried and then stored in cane baskets with neem leaves . We add cinnamon sticks to boiling water along with crushed ginger and some locally available herbs while making tea. It has a very nice aroma and is good for cold and sore throat.

I think many people in Karnataka have their own cinnamon and other spices trees. My mother's youngest sister is married to a Kannadiga Brahmin who is from Kosaguli, not sure where exactly it is, but somewhere near Sirsi. She too has many of the spices growing in their own land, such as Cinnamon, cardamom, vanilla and other stuff. But she lives if Ahmedabad and after her annual trip to Karnataka, sometimes she passes through Pune as all her sisters live here, so we sometimes get a few of the spices she is carrying back home. I must say, the cinnamom that she gets for us is so much better and more fragrant than what I normally get in the shops! Works better too than other stuff.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Bajirao wrote:My grandmom use to make cinnamon tea and she use to say it has several health benefits. She was uneducated but still she said that Cinnamon has ability to prevent many types of cancer. Our family regularly drinks cinnamon tea. It has delicious taste and lot of health benefits.

Cinnamon tea sounds quite delicious. I make mint tea, cardamom tea etc but have never tried cinnamon tea. What is the recipe of the tea that you drink at home? Do share here!

In my ancestral house here in Mangalore , we have several trees of cinnamon , some are very old and huge. The bark is collected and dried and then stored in cane baskets with neem leaves . We add cinnamon sticks to boiling water along with crushed ginger and some locally available herbs while making tea. It has a very nice aroma and is good for cold and sore throat.

I think many people in Karnataka have their own cinnamon and other spices trees. My mother's youngest sister is married to a Kannadiga Brahmin who is from Kosaguli, not sure where exactly it is, but somewhere near Sirsi. She too has many of the spices growing in their own land, such as Cinnamon, cardamom, vanilla and other stuff. But she lives if Ahmedabad and after her annual trip to Karnataka, sometimes she passes through Pune as all her sisters live here, so we sometimes get a few of the spices she is carrying back home. I must say, the cinnamom that she gets for us is so much better and more fragrant than what I normally get in the shops! Works better too than other stuff.

Yes absolutely Kalyani, the ones that we get along the Konkan coast is the best as far as flavor is concerned. I have been to Sirsi and Gokharna and Kosaguli must be a small town close to Sirsi. There are many such towns around the coast ..In my ancestral home they put a stick of cinnamon into the rice . 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Usha ji write complete recipe of cinnamon tea.

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Yes absolutely Kalyani, the ones that we get along the Konkan coast is the best as far as flavor is concerned. I have been to Sirsi and Gokharna and Kosaguli must be a small town close to Sirsi. There are many such towns around the coast ..In my ancestral home they put a stick of cinnamon into the rice . 

Why do they put the cinnamon stick in the rice? Does it improve flavor of the rice or to preserve it from pests?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@ anil, we make cinnamon tea adding cinnamon sticks and a handful of herbs that are locally available and crushed ginger. ..

@Kalyani, It does make the rice very flavorsome and also keeps the pests away . Since the amount of rice is large  normally meant for the entire year they use cinnamon sticks instead of using any other chemicals.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Preparation of Cinnamon tea is same as our regular tea. Boil the water, add sugar and tea powder as per your requirement and after 2-3 minutes add 1-2 sticks of cinnamon. If you like strong cinnamon taste then add 2 or more sticks or else just 1 is enough. Some people also like tea masala along with cinnamon, you can add that as well (its optional). Let it boil for 7-10 minutes and then just add milk in it. Tht's it. 

stick is enough. 

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Bajirao wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Preparation of Cinnamon tea is same as our regular tea. Boil the water, add sugar and tea powder as per your requirement and after 2-3 minutes add 1-2 sticks of cinnamon. If you like strong cinnamon taste then add 2 or more sticks or else just 1 is enough. Some people also like tea masala along with cinnamon, you can add that as well (its optional). Let it boil for 7-10 minutes and then just add milk in it. Tht's it. 

stick is enough. 

We make Cinnamon Tea in the same way. But instead of sugar, we use Honey.

usha manohar wrote:

@ anil, we make cinnamon tea adding cinnamon sticks and a handful of herbs that are locally available and crushed ginger. ..

@Kalyani, It does make the rice very flavorsome and also keeps the pests away . Since the amount of rice is large  normally meant for the entire year they use cinnamon sticks instead of using any other chemicals.

It means you are not adding tea leaves and milk.

Kashmiris make a tea known as Kahawa or Moghul tea in which cinnamon and almonds are added but no milk is added. The variety of tea is also different.

vijay wrote:

Kashmiris make a tea known as Kahawa or Moghul tea in which cinnamon and almonds are added but no milk is added. The variety of tea is also different.

Oh.. sounds good. Every region has its own kind of Tea. In AP, Cinnamon Tea is made adding either Honey or Gur. As far as possible sugar is avoided.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.