Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Re: Import of pules from African country may be cause of destruction

@ anil, please correct the spelling of Pulses in the title...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

OK, thanks

usha manohar wrote:

i too forget spellings many times is there any easy way to remember spellings.

bhuyali saroj

The only way you can make sure that spelling is right is to cross check the post after it is typed out. Sometimes even after that you see mistakes..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

The only way you can make sure that spelling is right is to cross check the post after it is typed out. Sometimes even after that you see mistakes..

I always keep a dictionary at hand to check spellings of which I am not sure. In spite of online spellcheckers, dictionary or thesauruses, I still think referring to a dictionary old fashioned way is the best way to be sure of spellings, grammar and alternative words for each one that we want to use.

Back to topic, even if there is ample production of pulses and grains on our country or scientific methods etc. import-export between countries also enable respective countries to maintain good relationships with each other and maintain healthy outlook. Isolating oneself totally is not prudent in today's globalized economy. But yes, there has to be a proportionate balance between how much is produced and how much is exported or imported.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

In a globalized world international trade takes care of maintaining economic harmony in all types of nations.

The whole concept of food production has undergone a change in the country. For example in my own place which was more than self sufficient in growing rice , now because of urbanization and lop sided preferences by the government , we can see that most of the paddy fields have been converted into house sites or used up for widening roads or commercial buildings . The agriculturists have been hit because they receive very little compensation. 

In Mangalore traditionally rice was grown twice a year and pulses in between the paddy season. Now with almost all fields within the city gone, people are forced to by from shops. What was  once a city self sufficient as far as food grains and vegetables were concerned has now become dependent on others. Prosperity has its own  price to pay. I am sure this is the cae in many smaller cities and no wonder with a growing population we face a scarcity of food grains.

usha manohar wrote:

The whole concept of food production has undergone a change in the country. For example in my own place which was more than self sufficient in growing rice , now because of urbanization and lop sided preferences by the government , we can see that most of the paddy fields have been converted into house sites or used up for widening roads or commercial buildings . The agriculturists have been hit because they receive very little compensation. 

In Mangalore traditionally rice was grown twice a year and pulses in between the paddy season. Now with almost all fields within the city gone, people are forced to by from shops. What was  once a city self sufficient as far as food grains and vegetables were concerned has now become dependent on others. Prosperity has its own  price to pay. I am sure this is the cae in many smaller cities and no wonder with a growing population we face a scarcity of food grains.

Urbanization is not problem of your city, it is problem of every city and towns of India. India is at second position in population but it have not land accordingly. It is time think about urbanization policy. Government must be stop construction of single story houses.  

Importing pulses is OK as long as it is a temporary measure to cater to the needs of the people as well as controlling the prices of the pulses. But, i suppose, importing should be stopped at a particular point. It's highly essential for the Government to make the country self sufficient in the the production of pulses. It's not advisable to depend on imports for ever.. To achieve this, Institutions like Center for Agri innovation should come up with new innovations to boost the production of pulses.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Urbanization is not problem of your city, it is problem of every city and towns of India. India is at second position in population but it have not land accordingly. It is time think about urbanization policy. Government must be stop construction of single story houses.  

Change is universal and people too change their tastes and food habits accordingly... If Lentil and Pulses is too expensive and not enough is grown here then you shift to something else or add on other food stuffs that is easily available that is equally nutritious. When we make changes , we should be ready to face the consequences as well..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.