Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Sure. In terrace, usually vegetables are grown in sacks, called grow bags. You can get grow bags online through Amazon, eBay etc also. 

You can also check the site below. They provide seeds and grow bags. If you have time and resources to invest, it will be really a very healthy option for you and your family.

http://www.organicgarten.com/

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

I think I should contact the Nursery. There are known people too who can demonstrate the use of Row bags, I live n a  large flat on a Third floor which has three open balconies . My house maid lives in suburbs. On her way she has to cross many village fairs. I think she can give me some information regarding this.

Divya wrote:

Cabbage is good no doubt. But we need to be very careful with that because it is one vegetable that can be made artificially. In China they have been using this artificial cabbage unofficially for a few years now. It wont be long for it to come to India (not sure if its already available in India also. You wont have much difference in taste and look, so hard to find)

Please check this video to see how its being made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4seJXgJnn0

It's such risky. How can one judge that the cabbage is real or artificial? You posted a great link. I had no idea about artificial cabbage. 

shampasaid

Thank you said by: Divya

There is one variety of vegetable known as 'Brussel Sprouts which looks exactly like cabbage but very small in Size. These Brussel Sprouts are equally rich in, Vitamins, proteins, Anti oxidants.

These Mini cabbages are well known for preventing Prostate ,colon,and endometrial Cancers.

Brussels sprout closeup.jpg

Never seen them in market are these mini cabbage available in India???

rambabu wrote:

Grow bags ? I heard about grow bags from you only  now. That may be because i don't have much knowledge nor interest in Vegetable gardening. I think I should discuss with my wife. She grows only some limited number of plants like Hibiscus Tulsi required for her Pooja..  However, i contact the Nursery maintained by the corporation which is not far away

I think grow bags and ready pots to grow plants. Here you are talking about tares gardening. For a family which have 4 to 5 members need at least half Kg. lady finger for one time. Is it possible with terse gardening.

Divya wrote:

Never seen them in market are these mini cabbage available in India???

yes, mini  Brussels Sprouts are of the same Species as Cabbage. Yes they are available in my state by the same name , "Brussels Sprouts". Try in your Markets.

Thank you said by: Divya

I will try plus1.png

Divya wrote:

I will try plus1.png

If I'm right, you are from Chennai. Try in Chennai market.

rambabu wrote:
Divya wrote:

I will try plus1.png

If I'm right, you are from Chennai. Try in Chennai market.

yeap i am in chennai. blush.png

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.