Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:

Thoughts?

The thread starter should add some of his / her thought s first .

Our education system while on the one hand has become extremely commercialized, but also has become very competitive to come at par with the International standards. The very fact that Indians are able to do d well placed jobs anywhere in the world after studying in India shows that it is good but definitely can be improved upon .

I wonder from where rambabu gets the idea that CBSE is based on mugging , he speaks as if he is an expert on education ..

Being a Class 12th student, my thoughts are out-rightly biased against the system. Although the government does take measures to improve the quality of education given to us, still our country doesn't feature in the list of top 50 education systems in the world (Even after having prestigious institutes like the IITs).

Well Rambabu's not wrong you know. I say that because I've been experiencing all this at a pretty close range. You might've heard the outrage caused during the last two years regarding the difficulty level of Maths Paper. The fundamental problem, according to me, is that the outdated NCERT textbooks  and the content taught by the teachers in some schools don't match the level of some questions that CBSE annoyingly introduces in the Board Exams. Earlier the NCERT was regarded as the Bible for Boards but nowadays, if you're not using a Reference book, you won't get a good percentage.

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

Abhishek Sharma wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Thoughts?

Our education system while on the one hand has become extremely commercialized, but also has become very competitive to come at par with the International standards. The very fact that Indians are able to do d well placed jobs anywhere in the world after studying in India shows that it is good but definitely can be improved upon .

I wonder from where rambabu gets the idea that CBSE is based on mugging , he speaks as if he is an expert on education ..

Being a Class 12th student, my thoughts are out-rightly biased against the system. Although the government does take measures to improve the quality of education given to us, still our country doesn't feature in the list of top 50 education systems in the world (Even after having prestigious institutes like the IITs).

Well Rambabu's not wrong you know. I say that because I've been experiencing all this at a pretty close range. You might've heard the outrage caused during the last two years regarding the difficulty level of Maths Paper. The fundamental problem, according to me, is that the outdated NCERT textbooks  and the content taught by the teachers in some schools don't match the level of some questions that CBSE annoyingly introduces in the Board Exams. Earlier the NCERT was regarded as the Bible for Boards but nowadays, if you're not using a Reference book, you won't get a good percentage.

If you are indeed studying in 12th standard , I feel that your views would change as you mature further because there is no perfect system anywhere, they all have flaws. For a nation that is corrupt, backward in thinking and mindset we are not doing all that badly either. CBSE and NCERT are far better than state curriculum ...

As far as rambabus opinion, once you are here for a longer time you will realise that it is not his own but mostly borrowed from elsewhere with absolutely no thought gone into it so lets not waste time on that ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Thoughts?

If you are indeed studying in 12th standard , I feel that your views would change as you mature further because there is no perfect system anywhere, they all have flaws. For a nation that is corrupt, backward in thinking and mindset we are not doing all that badly either. CBSE and NCERT are far better than state curriculum ...

As far as rambabus opinion, once you are here for a longer time you will realise that it is not his own but mostly borrowed from elsewhere with absolutely no thought gone into it so lets not waste time on that ...

That's exactly why I didn't put up my thoughts as I wanted to hear the viewpoint of someone more experienced. I agree that a flawless system seems pretty far-fetched considering the needs and background of every individual in this diverse country of ours.

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

As of now,a flawless education system seems not possible.

In my own State, a lecturer in a college was caught helping a student on CCTV.

Abhishek Sharma wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Thoughts?

That's exactly why I didn't put up my thoughts as I wanted to hear the viewpoint of someone more experienced. I agree that a flawless system seems pretty far-fetched considering the needs and background of every individual in this diverse country of ours.

India provides basic education ( not quality education) to all its citizens. The intelligent ones like yourself are able to analyse it but at the same time it is also a fact  that one needs to put in a lot more effort because of the various constraints placed by the system , to reach ones goal. This is what makes most Indians hardy , enabling them to survive against all odds. I remember a Sardarji who had made a fairly decent living in UK with bare minimum educational qualifications , once remarking that if things went wrong in UK he will go to Canada or France or even South America and start afresh and succeed..I truly admire the self confidence he had developed only because of the adverse conditions that he was exposed to during his growing and student years !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Now with time, the situation in India is changing. In today's competitive world, the many schools are focusing on the overall development of the children. If a student is good in playing, the schools are giving facilities to the student, so that he can achieve targets and in return the school gets benefit and can attract more admissions. In my own are schools and colleges are sending brilliant students to foreign trips and encourage them to perform better.

http://www.comparenshop.in

That is, the Authorities should find the niche in the student and provide a system, where the student becomes an overall success in different fields.

There is  a lot of importance given to extra curricular activities like debating, sports and arts Most schools and universities realise that a well rounded personality is preferred over just academic brilliance while selecting candidates for well placed jobs.

A well rounded candidate is always preferred in the Companies like  TCS or Infosys prefer. Mere Degrees.

The present government is taking up things one by one. I am keeping my fingers crossed that good times will come for the education system as well. The stringent and corrupt system must go.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.