The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is clear that Shastri is behind he move to oust Kumble as his ego was hurt when he was not selected as coach. Kohli has joined with him. As simple as that. No need to read much into it. It is a back room coup by Shastri et el.

vijay wrote:

It is clear that Shastri is behind he move to oust Kumble as his ego was hurt when he was not selected as coach. Kohli has joined with him. As simple as that. No need to read much into it. It is a back room coup by Shastri et el.

I wouldn't speak with such certainty unless Kohli or Shastri himself came and told me about the incident. Until then, its all a load of speculations. Nothing more. 

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Google ? What for ? I Know Virat Kohle rifpght from his early days. But that is not the point here. The so called No ODI Batsman why he was out for an insignificant score. And he is the Skipper of tht Team.

Now, after this, come here and say that you were mistaken

Only one match doesn't describe a player. Sachin also used to fail sometimes. Doesn't mean they would kick him out of the team.

God. It's like explaining to a 6 year old. Go drink your milk and stop commenting on cricket players who've achieved so much through their hard work that they don't need to hear critics with no knowledge about the sport.

There is no point in discussing Kohli as a cricketer. Every cricket lover knows it well that he is an extremely talented player. Some days one can be in off form and that is a part and parcel of any sports. What annoys is the arrogance of his and nothing else. Let's hope it does not harm Indian cricket. 

There is a lot more than meets the eye and according to reports the conflict had been brewing and probably nourished by BCCI  .This article gives a detailed description as to how the rift came about .

http://www.firstpost.com/sports/watch-anil-kumble-resigns-bcci-used-virat-kohli-to-settle-scores-with-indias-coach-instead-of-resolving-the-conflict-3729579.html

It all looks really fishy from the start and the article  proves that it was BCCI and others behind this. What surprises me is Kohli's attitude, in spite of the dedication and commitment show by Kumble how could he let others manipulate himself in this manner?? So BCCI is only concerned with money and nothing else. Kumble is right to have resigned! Why should he let himself be treated so horribly by a bunch of corrupt officials!

It is also possible that there is a lot that is unrevealed so we can only draw our judgment going by the facts made known to us. But what is astonishing is the astronomical amount of money these players and everyone else connected with cricket are dealing with ..

Finally someone replying impartially on the matter.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Abhishek Sharma wrote:

As I've heard time and again on this forum that it takes two hands to clap. Then why in this situation, everyone is assuming that only Kohli was at fault. We've only heard one side of the argument. Then how can the Indian fans throw around the word "arrogant", "ungrateful', etc. without having the slightest idea of what happened in the dressing room or during practice.Maybe its the fickle-mindedness of the fans. Maybe its the price of fame that Virat is clearly paying.

If we are wishing to judge people based on rumors, then there was a rumor that "Kumble scolded the players like one would scold children." There was another story floating around that many other senior players were not happy with Kumble's style and that he was like an "alpha male of the dressing room." He wanted his say in the selection process which was actually none of his business.

Wait for the other side of the story. Then you can hurl the title of "spoilt brat" on a player of his stature. Probably Not.

Let me clear my stand that I love watching Kohli play.It can be definitely possible that Kumble was like school headmaster but this issue could have been easily sorted out by expressing the thoughts of the team. During the last championship, Virat never bothered to thank Kumble for the team's success which clearly indicates his arrogance which is highly deplorable. A player's potential and his behavioural attitude are two different things so one can easily argue about it.We must not forget Kumble's contribution as a player and also as a coach so Virat should not be given a clean chit as each and everyone knows that Kumble is a thorough gentleman. Maybe Virat was forced to act like that because of BCCI's hidden agenda then it's a different story altogether. Kohli will definitely take care of his career first and then go against BCCI.  

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:

As I've heard time and again on this forum that it takes two hands to clap. Then why in this situation, everyone is assuming that only Kohli was at fault. We've only heard one side of the argument. Then how can the Indian fans throw around the word "arrogant", "ungrateful', etc. without having the slightest idea of what happened in the dressing room or during practice.Maybe its the fickle-mindedness of the fans. Maybe its the price of fame that Virat is clearly paying.

If we are wishing to judge people based on rumors, then there was a rumor that "Kumble scolded the players like one would scold children." There was another story floating around that many other senior players were not happy with Kumble's style and that he was like an "alpha male of the dressing room." He wanted his say in the selection process which was actually none of his business.

Wait for the other side of the story. Then you can hurl the title of "spoilt brat" on a player of his stature. Probably Not.

Let me clear my stand that I love watching Kohli play.It can be definitely possible that Kumble was like school headmaster but this issue could have been easily sorted out by expressing the thoughts of the team. During the last championship, Virat never bothered to thank Kumble for the team's success which clearly indicates his arrogance which is highly deplorable. A player's potential and his behavioural attitude are two different things so one can easily argue about it.We must not forget Kumble's contribution as a player and also as a coach so Virat should not be given a clean chit as each and everyone knows that Kumble is a thorough gentleman. Maybe Virat was forced to act like that because of BCCI's hidden agenda then it's a different story altogether. Kohli will definitely take care of his career first then go against BCCI.  

I am definitely not talking about the two players' potential. Kumble is a legend and Virat is proving to be one. But the real issue is that everyone is forming a negative opinion of the skipper without even knowing what actually happened. These speculations are defaming Kohli as a public figure. Kumble came out all guns blazing with that letter he posted on twitter, which certainly put Kohli in bad light. This happened when the Indian team was gearing up for WI tour. All those abusive comments from fans that Kohli seems to be getting have obviously angered him and lowered his and the team's morale.

Anil Kumble, of all the people, should've understood that.

If Kumble said in that letter that BCCI attempted to resolve the issue and that it was his own decision to walk off, then there must be some truth in it.

What happens in Board roms and bed rooms never comes out the way it happened. So we are all speculating. Wait for some more time for the truth to come out hopefully.

Abhishek Sharma wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:

Let me clear my stand that I love watching Kohli play.It can be definitely possible that Kumble was like school headmaster but this issue could have been easily sorted out by expressing the thoughts of the team. During the last championship, Virat never bothered to thank Kumble for the team's success which clearly indicates his arrogance which is highly deplorable. A player's potential and his behavioural attitude are two different things so one can easily argue about it.We must not forget Kumble's contribution as a player and also as a coach so Virat should not be given a clean chit as each and everyone knows that Kumble is a thorough gentleman. Maybe Virat was forced to act like that because of BCCI's hidden agenda then it's a different story altogether. Kohli will definitely take care of his career first then go against BCCI.  

I am definitely not talking about the two players' potential. Kumble is a legend and Virat is proving to be one. But the real issue is that everyone is forming a negative opinion of the skipper without even knowing what actually happened. These speculations are defaming Kohli as a public figure. Kumble came out all guns blazing with that letter he posted on twitter, which certainly put Kohli in bad light. This happened when the Indian team was gearing up for WI tour. All those abusive comments from fans that Kohli seems to be getting have obviously angered him and lowered his and the team's morale.

If Kumble said in that letter that BCCI attempted to resolve the issue and that it was his own decision to walk off, then there must be some truth in it.

You are of the opinion that Kumble should have understood about the morale of Indian team before the WI tour, then, what about Kumble's respect when Kohli put it at stake during the Press conferences? He never spoke about Kumble's contribution which is highly disrespectful. He is yet to reach the pinnacle in his career and I feel he needs to understand that achievers need to be humble and not arrogant. He is as arrogant as Ravi Shastri and the Kumble's fans will make him realize his fault 

shampasaid

vijay wrote:

What happens in Board roms and bed rooms never comes out the way it happened. So we are all speculating. Wait for some more time for the truth to come out hopefully.

Speculation will definitely take place and we all need to wait for the truth to come out which I am afraid will never get disclosed. In one way it is good, but then, who will tame the one who is on the wrong foot? Hopefully, time will settle the score. 

shampasaid

As long as BCCI's connivance with Kohli is there , no truth will come out. Till then speculations  of all kinds will be on.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:

You are of the opinion that Kumble should have understood about the morale of Indian team before the WI tour, then, what about Kumble's respect when Kohli put it at stake during the Press conferences? He never spoke about Kumble's contribution which is highly disrespectful. He is yet to reach the pinnacle in his career and I feel he needs to understand that achievers need to be humble and not arrogant. He is as arrogant as Ravi Shastri and the Kumble's fans will make him realize his fault 

The team lost Champions Trophy final. That too against Pakistan. After the disheartening loss, they have a few days to get their act together and gear up for the West Indies tour. And then comes Kumble's letter followed by the rant of angry fans (who were still angry over India's loss to Pak). If this doesn't lower the morale of any team, then I don't know what does.

It would've been too awkward if Kohli had taken Kumble's name in the press conference. And everyone is forgetting that besides Kohli, many of the unnamed senior players were unhappy with Kumble's style of coaching. Yet it was the skipper who took everything on himself. In previous press conferences, he was asked if his relation with the coach was alright. He could've spilled the beans then and there only, but he realized that a media uproar will be the last thing the team wants. That's not arrogance.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.