The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

OK. I will do what you said

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

It is very sad to see that Kumble had no choice but to resign due to his difference with Kohli. Kohli, no doubt is a great player and has contributed a lot to Indian cricket but this particular incident only shows that he has become arrogant and success has turned his head. Cricket, is no longer a gentleman's game but has turned into a money spinner for the BCCI which allowed this to happen. Goes to show what idol worship can do to people so young as Kohli that they no longer can respect and pay heed to a senior player who only has the best interests of the team in his heart!

You echo my viewpoint and sentiment. The worst part is, the BCCI gave more importance to Kohli and ignored Kumble. Remember how Ganguly was ignored and insulted by Greg Chappel, a foreign coach, and then the BCCI ignored its own player and captain but favoured Chappell. This time Kohli is the rising sun so he got more importance over Kumble who has retired long ago. The whole system is ridiculous. Chappell came and harmed Indian cricket but the BCCI kept quiet. This time again Kohli who is acting too smart may harm the Indian cricket as whole but is getting indulgence from the authorities, which is unacceptable. His arrogance will definitely harm the Indian side and to some extent, I think Ravi Shastri is playing his cards from behind.      

Ravi Shastri was disappointed last time when Kumble was selected, at the same time may be it s better to change the coach since the captain and the coach have difference of opinion. 

However, as  I was watching the match , what struck me was the total dedication the Pakstani team showed while batting and Fielding. Whereas one could see Indian team making very little effort in Fielding .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Abhishek Sharma wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Google ? What for ? I Know Virat Kohle rifpght from his early days. But that is not the point here. The so called No ODI Batsman why he was out for an insignificant score. And he is the Skipper of tht Team.

Now, after this, come here and say that you were mistaken

Only one match doesn't describe a player. Sachin also used to fail sometimes. Doesn't mean they would kick him out of the team.

God. It's like explaining to a 6 year old. Go drink your milk and stop commenting on cricket players who've achieved so much through their hard work that they don't need to hear critics with no knowledge about the sport.

There is no point in discussing Kohli as a cricketer. Every cricket lover knows it well that he is an extremely talented player. Some days one can be in off form and that is a part and parcel of any sports. What annoys is the arrogance of his and nothing else. Let's hope it does not harm Indian cricket. 

shampasaid

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Any guy who has the rudimental knowledge about Cricket knows that even the Best of the Best Cricketer  will have a lean time.

But, we are discussing about the differences between Kohli and Anil Kumble.

The way in which Kohli behaved with  Anil Kumble is really shameful.

Definitely such incidents will harm Indian Cricket. That's why, I feel BCCI should take a disciplinary action against Kohli.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Google ? What for ? I Know Virat Kohle rifpght from his early days. But that is not the point here. The so called No ODI Batsman why he was out for an insignificant score. And he is the Skipper of tht Team.

Only one match doesn't describe a player. Sachin also used to fail sometimes. Doesn't mean they would kick him out of the team.

God. It's like explaining to a 6 year old. Go drink your milk and stop commenting on cricket players who've achieved so much through their hard work that they don't need to hear critics with no knowledge about the sport.

There is no point in discussing Kohli as a cricketer. Every cricket lover knows it well that he is an extremely talented player. Some days one can be in off form and that is a part and parcel of any sports. What annoys is the arrogance of his and nothing else. Let's hope it does not harm Indian cricket. 

There is a lot more than meets the eye and according to reports the conflict had been brewing and probably nourished by BCCI  .This article gives a detailed description as to how the rift came about .

http://www.firstpost.com/sports/watch-anil-kumble-resigns-bcci-used-virat-kohli-to-settle-scores-with-indias-coach-instead-of-resolving-the-conflict-3729579.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

As I've heard time and again on this forum that it takes two hands to clap. Then why in this situation, everyone is assuming that only Kohli was at fault. We've only heard one side of the argument. Then how can the Indian fans throw around the word "arrogant", "ungrateful', etc. without having the slightest idea of what happened in the dressing room or during practice.Maybe its the fickle-mindedness of the fans. Maybe its the price of fame that Virat is clearly paying.

If we are wishing to judge people based on rumors, then there was a rumor that "Kumble scolded the players like one would scold children." There was another story floating around that many other senior players were not happy with Kumble's style and that he was like an "alpha male of the dressing room." He wanted his say in the selection process which was actually none of his business.

Wait for the other side of the story. Then you can hurl the title of "spoilt brat" on a player of his stature. Probably Not.

usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
rambabu wrote:

There is a lot more than meets the eye and according to reports the conflict had been brewing and probably nourished by BCCI  .This article gives a detailed description as to how the rift came about .

http://www.firstpost.com/sports/watch-anil-kumble-resigns-bcci-used-virat-kohli-to-settle-scores-with-indias-coach-instead-of-resolving-the-conflict-3729579.html

It all looks really fishy from the start and the article  proves that it was BCCI and others behind this. What surprises me is Kohli's attitude, in spite of the dedication and commitment show by Kumble how could he let others manipulate himself in this manner?? So BCCI is only concerned with money and nothing else. Kumble is right to have resigned! Why should he let himself be treated so horribly by a bunch of corrupt officials!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Shampa Sadhya

So.. BCCI used Kohli to settle scores with Anil Kumble.  From the very beginning, I was thinking  BCCI would intervene and resolve the differences between Kohli and Kumble.. Really astonished.

rambabu wrote:

So.. BCCI used Kohli to settle scores with Anil Kumble.  From the very beginning, I was thinking  BCCI would intervene and resolve the differences between Kohli and Kumble.. Really astonished.

If you've read Kumble's letter on twitter (Which I doubt), it clearly states- "Though the BCCI attempted to resolve the misunderstandings between the Captain and me, it was apparent that the partnership was untenable, and I therefore believe it is best for me to move on. "

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
rambabu wrote:

It all looks really fishy from the start and the article  proves that it was BCCI and others behind this. What surprises me is Kohli's attitude, in spite of the dedication and commitment show by Kumble how could he let others manipulate himself in this manner?? So BCCI is only concerned with money and nothing else. Kumble is right to have resigned! Why should he let himself be treated so horribly by a bunch of corrupt officials!

It is also possible that there is a lot that is unrevealed so we can only draw our judgment going by the facts made known to us. But what is astonishing is the astronomical amount of money these players and everyone else connected with cricket are dealing with ..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.