Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Most bank customers have provided bank their AADHAAR and PAN both. Now Income Tax department is also requiring linking of PAN with AAdhaar.

If my income is below the taxable limit and so need not file return, will it still be necessary to link aadhaar with PAN.  If I don't do so, what will be the consequences.  It is said that the returns will be invalid.. But if I don't need to file return, how does non linking aadhaar with PAN affect me.  , 

From what I understand , eventually PAN and Aadhar will be merged into one identification card that takes care of all details like address proof, birth date and financial transactions at a glance. This is how it is with all other nations where they have ID cards or social security cards. It is very essential for India because as of now there is very little accountability.

Possibly, eventually only Aadhaar Card may be only document for all purposes and may replace PANCARD.  As most customers have provided their aadhaar card and pancard dtails to banks, I wonder why these cannot be linked from bank information. All pancard holders do not file I.T. Return as their income is less. In fact, senior citizens whose tax is deducted at source from pension which is not more than Rs. five lac in a year, filing of return is not mandatory.  It should be clarified whether even the non return filers have to link aadhaar and pancard with Income Tax department. 

There are many smaller co operatives Banks and rural banks that cater mainly to agriculturists and small time shopkeepers . Many of the customers have no PAN cards but do have Aadhar. They fear that having a PAN card automatically makes them liable to pay income tax . So it means getting these various sections of people into the tax fold because some of them earn well. I feel this is just the first step they are implementing in that direction.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

That is right. There are such fears are prevailing in the People. Any how, all the doubts pertaining to linkage of Aadhar and PAN card will be known.

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Most bank customers have provided bank their AADHAAR and PAN both. Now Income Tax department is also requiring linking of PAN with AAdhaar.

If my income is below the taxable limit and so need not file return, will it still be necessary to link aadhaar with PAN.  If I don't do so, what will be the consequences.  It is said that the returns will be invalid.. But if I don't need to file return, how does non linking aadhaar with PAN affect me.  , 

From what I understand , eventually PAN and Aadhar will be merged into one identification card that takes care of all details like address proof, birth date and financial transactions at a glance. This is how it is with all other nations where they have ID cards or social security cards. It is very essential for India because as of now there is very little accountability.

Possibly, eventually only Aadhaar Card may be only document for all purposes and may replace PANCARD.  As most customers have provided their aadhaar card and pancard dtails to banks, I wonder why these cannot be linked from bank information. All pancard holders do not file I.T. Return as their income is less. In fact, senior citizens whose tax is deducted at source from pension which is not more than Rs. five lac in a year, filing of return is not mandatory.  It should be clarified whether even the non return filers have to link aadhaar and pancard with Income Tax department. 

It is mandatory to all Pan Card and Aaadhar card Holders to link their adhar with pancard, whether you filing return file or not whether your income is taxable or not. I once again send the link which i have also done above.

http://m.economictimes.com/wealth/personal-finance-news/dont-file-itr-you-must-link-pan-aadhaar-else-pan-may-become-invalid/articleshow/59157881.cms

Please open the link and read. so i think your doubt will be clear.

Thank you said by: jabeen

I already know about all aspects relateed to Linkinbg of PAN card and Aadhar

I ve a query. Is it possible to check whether our Adhar card and PAN card has been linked or not? One of my friend had given her documents to another person who is not really reliable. So she wants to check it herself.

If your friend wants to check whether PAN card and Aadhar card has been linked or not, your friend has to wait till August 31. By that that the concerned authorities will clear doubts of such kind. It is better to wait and see.

jabeen wrote:

I ve a query. Is it possible to check whether our Adhar card and PAN card has been linked or not? One of my friend had given her documents to another person who is not really reliable. So she wants to check it herself.

Yes you can do it online , I am copy/pasting the details below , that is given on a website ..

Yes, you can check if your PAN is linked to you Aadhaar or not.

First

1. Go to the e-filing website https://www.incometaxindiaefilin...

2. Click on the “Link Aadhaar” on the left side of the page.

3. Enter your PAN number, Aadhaar Number, Name as per Aadhaar, captcha Code.

4. Click on the “Link Aadhaar” button.

5. If it is already linked then you will get a message “Your PAN is linked to Aadhaar Number …………..”

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: rambabu, jabeen

Oh, that is a good way to verify whether the PAN card and Aadhar has been linked or not. I will check.

Thanks usha ji such a good way to check because I also wants to knew how to check, my card is already linked or not.

Thanks

I think, this is the easiest way to know whether your PAN card is linked with Aadhar or not. I really found it is the easiest way to mcheck

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.