Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Just for the record, all (90%) Tibet refugees have been given citizenship. I had a young Tibet officer in the AF under me. Even the Dalai Lama has stated that he is an Indian citizen

Really? If Dalai Lama is an Indian citizen now then he must have lost his status as Dalai Lama. I have reasons to believe that "A Dalai Lama has to be a Tibetan".

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Dalai Lama is living in India as a refugee, he has not accepted the citizenship of India, although since India has granted safe refuge to him and his thousands of followers, he graciously acknowledges India as his home. He and other Tibetans have long maintained their refugee status and refuse to accept any nationality formally.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: suni51
MG Singh wrote:

Yes, what China did in Tibet and Sinkiang is right from their nationalist angle. Bangladesh did tethe same in the Hindu Chakma tribal areas of Chittagong. I believe in  Bismark's [policy " blood and Ìron". By being soff we were slaves for 1100 years and second class cirizens in our own land. 

I don't understand how you can justify the action of Chinese against Tibetans because there is absolutely no record of China ever having a claim over Tibet.In fact there is reference to Tibet as being a independent nation even in our scriptures. It is nothing but a forceful occupation by China and it is a shame that the entire world that questions India with regard to Kashmir, which has always been part of India , looks away and does nothing with regard to Tibet. India has provided a home for them , and in Karnataka an entire town Bylakuppe has been built for them ..but with all that they still have hopes of going back to their mother land. I find the Chinese mindset extremely dangerous to the society because all they have been doing is taking over parts of other nations . It is only a desperate country like Pakistan that can let China control and dictate terms to them while they are butchering and imprisoning Muslims in their own country . 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51

I am sure no one will be surprised by the fact that Tibetans are spread allover our country and mostly doing business in their own markets named as Tibetan Market. We have number of such markets in Delhi and in each and every city in North India mostly dealing with woolens and unique items. If you go to states like HP or Uttrakhand you will see thousands of them on the streets doing business especially during winters. They have their permanent markets in each and every hill station in North India and North East. And there is no need to tell you that they consider Dharmshala a prominent town of HP as their temporary capital away from their own country. Yes, they have all the hopes that they will go back to their country one day.  

Thank you said by: MG Singh
suni51 wrote:

I am sure no one will be surprised by the fact that Tibetans are spread allover our country and mostly doing business in their own markets named as Tibetan Market. We have number of such markets in Delhi and in each and every city in North India mostly dealing with woolens and unique items. If you go to states like HP or Uttrakhand you will see thousands of them on the streets doing business especially during winters. They have their permanent markets in each and every hill station in North India and North East. And there is no need to tell you that they consider Dharmshala a prominent town of HP as their temporary capital away from their own country. Yes, they have all the hopes that they will go back to their country one day.  

If wishes were horses beggars would ride. So it is with hopes of Tibetans. They may be yearning to go back and their brethren are suppressed but they will live and die in India. China has a complete hold over Tibet and no power now can take it away. India had a chance when as per the Simla accord of 1913, British India could maintain troops in 5 places in Tibet. All this was squandered by Nehru and when China invaded Tibet in 1950 despite a request from Dalai Lama he failed to intervene. It's all history now and India has the dragon at its doorstep-its a very powerful dragon.

The sad part is that in 1949 when the communists took over China, not even a bicycle was made in China while India had auto steel and aircraft factories. But India under Nehru tripped and Mao outsmarted Nehru,. Now even the USA is wary of China and now a deadly axis is brewing between China and Pak.

suni51 wrote:

Really? If Dalai Lama is an Indian citizen now then he must have lost his status as Dalai Lama. I have reasons to believe that "A Dalai Lama has to be a Tibetan".

Read

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Dalai-Lama-considers-himself-son-of-India/articleshow/29778851.cms

He travels on an Indian passport that describes him as Indian.

usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

Yes, what China did in Tibet and Sinkiang is right from their nationalist angle. Bangladesh did tethe same in the Hindu Chakma tribal areas of Chittagong. I believe in  Bismark's [policy " blood and Ìron". By being soff we were slaves for 1100 years and second class cirizens in our own land. 

I don't understand how you can justify the action of Chinese against Tibetans because there is absolutely no record of China ever having a claim over Tibet.In fact there is reference to Tibet as being a independent nation even in our scriptures. It is nothing but a forceful occupation by China and it is a shame that the entire world that questions India with regard to Kashmir, which has always been part of India , looks away and does nothing with regard to Tibet. India has provided a home for them , and in Karnataka an entire town Bylakuppe has been built for them ..but with all that they still have hopes of going back to their mother land. I find the Chinese mindset extremely dangerous to the society because all they have been doing is taking over parts of other nations . It is only a desperate country like Pakistan that can let China control and dictate terms to them while they are butchering and imprisoning Muslims in their own country . 

Usha@ I do not justify China's actions. They don't need my justification anytime. I have stated a fact of life.  China controls Tibet and there is no doubt that there is economic progress in Tibet. BUT Tibetan culture is dying and that is a fact but from the Chinese angle, Tibet is now integrated with China. It is good to recognize facts.

MG Singh wrote:
suni51 wrote:

If wishes were horses beggars would ride. So it is with hopes of Tibetans. They may be yearning to go back and their brethren are suppressed but they will live and die in India. China has a complete hold over Tibet and no power now can take it away. India had a chance when as per the Simla accord of 1913, British India could maintain troops in 5 places in Tibet. All this was squandered by Nehru and when China invaded Tibet in 1950 despite a request from Dalai Lama he failed to intervene. It's all history now and India has the dragon at its doorstep-its a very powerful dragon.

I know China will not give up its claim on Tibet but I can tell you that Tibetans now living in India will also not give up their hopes of going back to their OWN Country. WE all know that India has suffered a lot due Nehru's weak policies and overestimating himself as one of the great leaders. In fact, he was not the right person to lead this country nor was Mahatma Gandhi the right person to select a Prime Minister. Nehru read too many Panchtantra like books but he failed to read the right political books. Today we are suffering from THE NON WORKING CULTURE in this country courtesy Nehru.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.