Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Exactly. But you know what happened. Our kamwali bai was talking to us that her husband Sister marriage is coming and they have to give them TV, Fridge etc. etc. and we asked her , don't you see satyamev jayate. Wahan usne bola naa don;t support dowry and you know what she said: " Uski kaun sunta hai.. "
Now tell me , what should i answer her. There are many like her who will keep cribbing about India's system but won't do anything to improve it

Puneet, that is because your kamwali bai and everyone else's for that matter, lives in a real world where she knows that if something happens to her daughter, there will be no one to help her. In case she decides not to give dowry, her daughter will remain unmarried and the areas where such women live are not favorable and safe for young unmarried women.

FYI, Puneet if you want to reply to any particular post, just click on the Quote button below that post, and that will get highlighted in your reply, so others also know to which post you are replying to!! :)

Yes kalyani is right, dowry system is still a curse to some people...but I think its illegal too. If puneet's servants registers a complaint immediately after the marriage then no one can harm her daughter as if anything happens to her, all the family member have to live the rest of their life in jail..I know this type of things are not encouraged in the society but how can one completey say bye to dowry murders in such cases.

The dowry system is so deeply ingrained and stitched into the moral fabric of our culture that those who do not give or take dowry are looked at as if they are insane. Also, the leaders of the country who should be frontrunners of abolishing such practices are the ones who spend obscene amounts of money on weddings of their sons and daughters, including dowry packages, so what's the future of this system??

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Exactly. But you know what happened. Our kamwali bai was talking to us that her husband Sister marriage is coming and they have to give them TV, Fridge etc. etc. and we asked her , don't you see satyamev jayate. Wahan usne bola naa don;t support dowry and you know what she said: " Uski kaun sunta hai.. "
Now tell me , what should i answer her. There are many like her who will keep cribbing about India's system but won't do anything to improve it

Puneet, that is because your kamwali bai and everyone else's for that matter, lives in a real world where she knows that if something happens to her daughter, there will be no one to help her. In case she decides not to give dowry, her daughter will remain unmarried and the areas where such women live are not favorable and safe for young unmarried women.

FYI, Puneet if you want to reply to any particular post, just click on the Quote button below that post, and that will get highlighted in your reply, so others also know to which post you are replying to!! :)

Yes kalyani is right, dowry system is still a curse to some people...but I think its illegal too. If puneet's servants registers a complaint immediately after the marriage then no one can harm her daughter as if anything happens to her, all the family member have to live the rest of their life in jail..I know this type of things are not encouraged in the society but how can one completey say bye to dowry murders in such cases.

The dowry system is so deeply ingrained and stitched into the moral fabric of our culture that those who do not give or take dowry are looked at as if they are insane. Also, the leaders of the country who should be frontrunners of abolishing such practices are the ones who spend obscene amounts of money on weddings of their sons and daughters, including dowry packages, so what's the future of this system??

Well you are completely right and I think future lies in the hands of youth.. they should decide whether they want to depend on girl's parents to live their livings.. :)
Yes Its good program people will see after some days they will forget what to do because its Indian public.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

I don't think it will bring any change in INDIA people do watch this program because AAMIR KHAN is associated with otherwise they would not have watched it.People will forget everything what he has said in the program once it ends as people easily forget good things. :laugh:
I don't think it will bring any change in INDIA people do watch this program because AAMIR KHAN is associated with otherwise they would not have watched it.People will forget everything what he has said in the program once it ends as people easily forget good things. :laugh:

A program like Satyamev Jayate cannot bring change overnight. But this is right step. One right step by one person does not bring results. It is for all conscious persons to contribute to issues that need immediate consideration. We all have to make a tempo. It is combined efforts of all including those in Boddunan that will bring results. Let us make Boddunan forum another Satyamev Jayate.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes,Amir is doing a good job by giving us a view that How our internal India is.
Changing will come when he issue discuss is promoted everywhere.Awareness is needed,in the issues which he is discussing.
In 1st episode,media came and got some good promotion,but after that We just see Amir show on Sunday and then nothing comes on TV.
I don't think every person watches the Amir show. Some feel that it is wrong to promote.He is doing to earn money and all. But he is making us aware,what are the issues and how we need to handle these issues.

So,These issues should be come out via Media and other people,then the revolution in these issues will come.

Want to make each day Accountable

A program like Satyamev Jayate cannot bring change overnight. But this is right step. One right step by one person does not bring results. It is for all conscious persons to contribute to issues that need immediate consideration. We all have to make a tempo. It is combined efforts of all including those in Boddunan that will bring results. Let us make Boddunan forum another Satyamev Jayate.

Yes Gulshan,if we all decide then we can definitely make it happen! Yet, we must also realize that only talking about such issues will not bring that change alone, we must start integrating those learnings in real life too for change to happen. The question is, are we ready to???

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Puneet Chhabra
Yes,just discussing won't solve the issue. We have to step ahead and commit to our words.

Want to make each day Accountable

Thank you said by: Puneet Chhabra
Yes, its should be team effort and in today's busy life people do care to see such issues and try to change it.

I agree with Gulshan ji that boddunan can also be a idea place to start it.
Totally Agree, but who don't want to earn. He is doing that too but at least making a good cause out of it.. but why are we looking for negative sides ? Let him make money but at the same time doing good stuff should be appreciated.

YES, WHATEVER THEY GIVE, HE WILL GIVE THE SHOW.. B) B) B)

BUT HOWEVER SOME NICE THINGS ARE HAPPENING... B) :cheer: :cheer:

LET US HOPE FOR BEST....LET IT BE GOOD!!! :S :S :S

IN SOME CASES IT BRINGS AWARENESS IN INNOCENT PEOPLE'S PERSONAL LIFE.. :blink: :blink:

FOR EXAMPLA, LIKE KIDS SAFETY IN SOCIETY, PARENTS GET AWARENESS :woohoo: :woohoo:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.