parents are giving long gap after engagement. mean while the boy and girl make mobile/week end contacts and develop ill feelings/like and dislikes which turns to emotional decision to cancel the marriage. i came across few with in a month. the gap must be avoided as well the problems must be resolved by elders. youth do not realize the eternal importance of marriage.

served in iaf for 30 years on mig aircraft. blind believer of spiritual life, interested in exchange of healthy views besides learning from you all.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I can't fully agree with your points.
It's true, the time interval between engagement and marriage is the golden age of a relationship, when one person gets full opportunity to know about the other person, his likes and dislikes.
Marriage doesn't mean two persons should continue living till death even if unhappy with the relation only thinking, we are married. If it's possible to find that the other person doesn't suit you before marriage, it's better to break the relationship than continue it for the sake of family and relatives. Marriage is the union of two hearts, then only family and society.

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: yuddandisivasubramanyam
understanding and adjustment is a life long process, not a vacation affair..two human minds needs life long compromise. instead of knowing each other, they are claiming egoistic deals wich eventually fails.

served in iaf for 30 years on mig aircraft. blind believer of spiritual life, interested in exchange of healthy views besides learning from you all.
I think you are right. The mobile has been one means of communication that can be misused during the gap. The gap between my engagement and marriage was only about 40-45 days. As we both belong to families with teaching background, it was not a problem for us to drift away. However, we cannot curse mobiles always. There are examples where the boys have asked for physical relationship and the girl didn't refuse and she thought that after all, he is going to be her husband. However, the boy cheated and refused to marry.
:) I am agree with you gap must be avoided, if for any reason gap is must minimum contact between boy and girl must be assured.
parents are giving long gap after engagement. mean while the boy and girl make mobile/week end contacts and develop ill feelings/like and dislikes which turns to emotional decision to cancel the marriage. i came across few with in a month. the gap must be avoided as well the problems must be resolved by elders. youth do not realize the eternal importance of marriage.
Thank you said by: Abhijit Dnyaneshwar Bangal
Some gap is given to prepare for marriage but that should not be too long.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
:) I am agree with you gap must be avoided, if for any reason gap is must minimum contact between boy and girl must be assured.

That's rightly pointed out - there should be minimum contact between the two of them. The family members should spend more time with the would be bride and bridegroom. It assures that they don't do anything wrong.
All are adult and if they keep contact what will be? It may increase the bonding and they can know each other well.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Many times I found that parents do engagement first and then after months or years they give marriage.

Sharmistha Banerjee
we must view failures, demerits. if couple of broken relations takes place the purpose of gap is defeated. safe play is advisable. life long issue can not be scrutinized with in months. the very traditional bond is eternal, it must not be tested and proved like missile.

Many times I found that parents do engagement first and then after months or years they give marriage.

You have rightly pointed out that. I don't know why parents keep such a big gap between these two important of the kids' lives. There is a marriage going to take place in our relation. The engagement took place 2 months back and the marriage is after Diwali this year. Just imagine, almost one full year.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.