Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Talking in phone in the gap between engagement and marriage is a good thing. In such conversations only both boy and girls mind and their emotional status comes out and we can even know whether they can adjust or not. If they could not adjust with each other then how can they adjust in their life

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Talking in phone in the gap between engagement and marriage is a good thing. In such conversations only both boy and girls mind and their emotional status comes out and we can even know whether they can adjust or not. If they could not adjust with each other then how can they adjust in their life

Thats where the counseling is necessary. Talking face to face preferably in the presence of elders will have long standing benefits. Once there was a way of selecting the candidates In corporate offices through interviews over the phone. Subsequently the practice was stopped. Why? There is nothing like "Face to face " talk. It applies to all the spheres..
Rambabu I do agree with you. But there is alot of difference between talking on phone and face to face. A boy and a girl cannot have proper talk face to face. especially infront of the elders. So To my knowledge, talking in phone is the right thing.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Rambabu I do agree with you. But there is alot of difference between talking on phone and face to face. A boy and a girl cannot have proper talk face to face. especially infront of the elders. So To my knowledge, talking in phone is the right thing.

A phone talk will fail to convey the meanings of facial expressions and body language which are vital for the important talks. Have you seen diplomatic heads of countries talking over the phone for settling key issues?. Even in these days of advanced communication technologies, people are considering personal talks. Why a state's chief minister or a country;s head will call for personal negotiations with the leader of a striking union ? Why not a phone talk?
Thank you said by: yuddandisivasubramanyam
There are many people who did not give gap between engagement and the marriage.They even prepare themselves for the ceremony.

Sharmistha Banerjee
you will not know the clear feelings through phone. singers are always beautiful most in our imagination. face to face experience is satisfactory.

served in iaf for 30 years on mig aircraft. blind believer of spiritual life, interested in exchange of healthy views besides learning from you all.
well said..

served in iaf for 30 years on mig aircraft. blind believer of spiritual life, interested in exchange of healthy views besides learning from you all.
I can't fully agree with your points.
It's true, the time interval between engagement and marriage is the golden age of a relationship, when one person gets full opportunity to know about the other person, his likes and dislikes.
Marriage doesn't mean two persons should continue living till death even if unhappy with the relation only thinking, we are married. If it's possible to find that the other person doesn't suit you before marriage, it's better to break the relationship than continue it for the sake of family and relatives. Marriage is the union of two hearts, then only family and society.

Apparently, according to you, the gap between engagement and marriage is a 'Period or probation' during which the proposed relation is subject to review, confirmation/ ratification or cancellation. In government service, the period of probation is two years. I feel that the period between engagement and wedding also be fixed.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

But nowadays, they meet personally too, Sarala. so, they get better oppurtunity to know each other. also, i don't think there is a vast difference between talk over phone and face to face talk.

My grand mother once told me, my aunt too....they saw their husbands first on their wedding day :silly: :silly:
ladies were so shy that time, even before 20 years....

I used to meet my hubby almost every weekend......after marriage fixed. (We exchanged rings during Wedding ceremony. ) we used to have lunch together, and many times, someone spots us :laugh: :laugh: . Those 4 months was the most beautiful romantic period of my life. :cheer: :cheer:

Meera sandhu
A gap between engagement and marriage is necessary to know the nature and feelings of each other.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.