The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
we mostly observe the opposite sex youth sharing the bike sitting with cross legged. this tradition is unhealthy in our culture and tradition.
wise people can speak lot of disadvantages over this trend. life is not cinema. it is not modernization, we may be innocent in the beginning, it may lead to life disaster. i hope our community will understand my inner voice and give valuable views. i am not narrow minded. it is precautionary appeal.

It depends on the persons perception and nothing else.I used to ride a bicycle to go to school and later to junior college and things were pretty safe those days.We used to wear short skirts for all sports events without anyone making an issue, except the ones with a dirty mind, so let us not point fingers at ladies and try to keep them safe instead change the mind set of the men who see red everywhere....Honestly, this kind of post is going to encourage the ancient minds who are perpetually finding fault with everything women do - their dressing and now even cycling ! Please give us a break and dont post such stupid thoughts here...All that is being made here is excuse for their uncalled for behavior !

That's alright. But the people (not all) with the dirty mindset always make an issue that it is the clothes and other such things that are enough to provoke people around.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
we mostly observe the opposite sex youth sharing the bike sitting with cross legged. this tradition is unhealthy in our culture and tradition.
wise people can speak lot of disadvantages over this trend. life is not cinema. it is not modernization, we may be innocent in the beginning, it may lead to life disaster. i hope our community will understand my inner voice and give valuable views. i am not narrow minded. it is precautionary appeal.

It depends on the persons perception and nothing else.I used to ride a bicycle to go to school and later to junior college and things were pretty safe those days.We used to wear short skirts for all sports events without anyone making an issue, except the ones with a dirty mind, so let us not point fingers at ladies and try to keep them safe instead change the mind set of the men who see red everywhere....Honestly, this kind of post is going to encourage the ancient minds who are perpetually finding fault with everything women do - their dressing and now even cycling ! Please give us a break and dont post such stupid thoughts here...All that is being made here is excuse for their uncalled for behavior !

I agree with you, we need to come out of those silly mindsets where male can go to any length and women should stay within the safety of a 'Lakshman rekha' because there is a Ravan standing out there.

If any Laxman rekha is needed at all, it is needed for the ones with a twisted and pervert set of minds not for women alone!!

Actually what I feel is that the more you try to keep young girls and boys away from each other, the more they are going to get attracted towards each other and fall prey to temptations. We should bear in mind that attraction for opposite sex during puberty and youth is NATURAL and suppressing the natural instincts does not do any one any good. Instead let them talk to each other freely and interact with each other without any restrictions. That way, there will be no undue temptations and unpleasant instances.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I agree with you, we need to come out of those silly mindsets where male can go to any length and women should stay within the safety of a 'Lakshman rekha' because there is a Ravan standing out there.

If any Laxman rekha is needed at all, it is needed for the ones with a twisted and pervert set of minds not for women alone!!

Actually what I feel is that the more you try to keep young girls and boys away from each other, the more they are going to get attracted towards each other and fall prey to temptations. We should bear in mind that attraction for opposite sex during puberty and youth is NATURAL and suppressing the natural instincts does not do any one any good. Instead let them talk to each other freely and interact with each other without any restrictions. That way, there will be no undue temptations and unpleasant instances.

That's a very valid and important point you made, Kalyani. After all, the opposite poles always attract each other. The same goes for boys and girls as well.
There are girls going out with boys in cars. There seems to be no objection here. Why is that a girl sitting behind a boy in a bike getting all the talks
Its just the way a person thinks. Self Control is required by an indiviual. Parents ofcourse have to take care. No doubt. But they cannot go around everywhere their child goes.

Just an example Yesterday due to the 48 hour strike me and my husband were bored sitting at home. In the evening we were apprehensive of taking our car lest there should be any problems. So he suggested we go on the bike with our child sitting between us on the bike. I was wearing a salwar kameez and for safety sake i sat with legs on two sides.
I was always scared of taking my daughter and sitting with legs on one side .Due to the jerk , sometimes children may fall off from our hands.

Renu :)
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

That's a very valid and important point you made, Kalyani. After all, the opposite poles always attract each other. The same goes for boys and girls as well.

Thanks Abhijeet! As a RULe, opposites will always attract each other! This is mainly the reason why in our society the more we have tried to segregate genders, the more they have been drawn towards each other! The best example I can give you is the Scandinavian countries, the children, as they begin their journey towards puberty are taught everything about sex, sexuality, knowledge and insight to their own feelings and ways to deal with those feelings. They are not separated but allowed to have freedom to interact with each other. In those countries, there is seen a very healthy attitude towards women and the crime rate against women is almost zero!

I don't understand what is wrong in sitting crossed legged on a bike. You can sit only this way in a bike. How would you ride a horse. That would also be similar.

Two things -
1. One doesn't often need to ride a horse.
2. There's a good option to sit on the bike with both legs on the same side, as we had seen over many years. Women are forgetting this good old style of sitting on the bike.

Women wearing sari only can sit with both legs in one side otherwise it's safer to sit cross legged. Chances of falling down are far lesser and balance of the bike remains better.

Yes,that is the plus point of sitting that way. However, for years and years women have been sitting that way - legs in one side and how many cases have we heard specifically of women falling due to sitting in that posture.

Women used to wear sari only and hence sitting with legs on one side only was convenient. This is risky but they know this and hence more cautious. Thee additional risk of sari getting rolled in wheels of bike has been well explained by some with personal example. Hence, sari guard is also supplied as an accessory.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51

interesting views. it is upto individual perception, every one wishes "please take care" it doesn't meant all are careless.

served in iaf for 30 years on mig aircraft. blind believer of spiritual life, interested in exchange of healthy views besides learning from you all.

interesting views. it is upto individual perception, every one wishes "please take care" it doesn't meant all are careless.

Which one is your comment? I am not able to make them out here!

Thank you said by: yuddandisivasubramanyam

Did you ask me? If that question is directed to me, then my last comment was "That's a very valid..." Now you will find that.

I guess the one in black should be his- his first attempt of quoting I guess.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.