The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I don't understand what is wrong in sitting crossed legged on a bike. You can sit only this way in a bike. How would you ride a horse. That would also be similar.

Two things -
1. One doesn't often need to ride a horse.
2. There's a good option to sit on the bike with both legs on the same side, as we had seen over many years. Women are forgetting this good old style of sitting on the bike.

Horse is old thing but I just wanted to stress that sitting on bike is just like riding a horse as in olden times. So what is wrong in sitting with legs on both sides.
It is inconvenient for women in sari/skirt and men in Dhoti to sit with legs both side But with trousers/ jeans anyone can ride a bike with legs on both sides.

The question is not of being convenient or not. The question is of changing culture. I am in my early 30s. I still remember, until about 10 years ago, I hardly could get to see girls and women in pants sitting on a bike like a horse. But things have really changed. I guess, that is what Yuddandisivasubramanyamji is trying to stress.
Thank you said by: yuddandisivasubramanyam
it is applicable to college youth who are not aware of consequences. couple of cases came to light. parents have permitted a boy and girl to go to college on same motor bicycle since they are cousins. but the relation ship went to wrong direction. this trend must be checked by elders.

That is one thing what you mentioned. By the way, there are many more things that the parents should take care of, especially of their kids who are new to college life.
It totally depends upon those boys and girls to avoid these.But we cannot change them.The parents must be careful regarding their child,

Sharmistha Banerjee
It totally depends upon those boys and girls to avoid these.But we cannot change them.The parents must be careful regarding their child,

That is one thing I would like to stress. It should be the responsibility of the boys and girls to behave themselves responsibly in the society. They should see to it that they aren't bringing shame to the family.
you got my point. recent incidents/events are shocking due to slackness in correction, this is due to generation gap since 1980 to till now. rapid change in nano technology and privatization of education drooped the quality of life. how ever the improvement complicated the life style in every aspect.

served in iaf for 30 years on mig aircraft. blind believer of spiritual life, interested in exchange of healthy views besides learning from you all.
I don't understand what is wrong in sitting crossed legged on a bike. You can sit only this way in a bike. How would you ride a horse. That would also be similar.

Two things -
2. There's a good option to sit on the bike with both legs on the same side, as we had seen over many years. Women are forgetting this good old style of sitting on the bike.

Women wearing sari only can sit with both legs in one side otherwise it's safer to sit cross legged. Chances of falling down are far lesser and balance of the bike remains better.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Two things -

Women wearing sari only can sit with both legs in one side otherwise it's safer to sit cross legged. Chances of falling down are far lesser and balance of the bike remains better.

Yes,that is the plus point of sitting that way. However, for years and years women have been sitting that way - legs in one side and how many cases have we heard specifically of women falling due to sitting in that posture.
you got my point. recent incidents/events are shocking due to slackness in correction, this is due to generation gap since 1980 to till now. rapid change in nano technology and privatization of education drooped the quality of life. how ever the improvement complicated the life style in every aspect.

Please Sir, do include the quotes of the person or thoughts you are referring to when responding. Otherwise, we don't know whom you are referring to.

Two things -

Yes,that is the plus point of sitting that way. However, for years and years women have been sitting that way - legs in one side and how many cases have we heard specifically of women falling due to sitting in that posture.

I have heard of one, while my mother's sari rolled in wheel and both my parents fell down. And them women have started wearing such clothes only recently therefore taking full advantage. By the way sitting does not make difference but intentions do. Do you think sitting one sided may not bring those feelings or every one who sits 'legs in one side' goes to temples only. ;)

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Sitting on bike is not a issue. But they must take care while riding.

Sometimes their behavior is not good.

Be positive
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.