Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In college, we had the novel of Jane Austin in our syllabus. I just fell in love with the writing. Apart from Austin, I loved to read "Wise and Otherwise" by Sudha Murthy - Mr. Narayan Murthy's wife. I don't know if she can sit in the "writer" category. But reading that book was a great experience. I suggest everyone read it at least once, you will automatically read it again and again.

Sudha Murthy is an acknowledged writer. I read her many novels. Her style is subtle, simple and straight forward.

As I said, I honestly accept it that I didn't know much about Mrs. Murthy. But I am not aware of her any other work. But if I do a Google search, I will be able to know more about her, I am sure. And I will certainly do it in my free time.

I have read Wise and Otherwise. It is a wonderful collection of Mrs. Murthy's real life experiences. I also have 3 more novels of Mrs. Murthy. Soon I will finish them too.

I am going to search Sudha's work online and read it immediately. It should help me as well.

I assure you reading Mrs. Murthy's novels will be a great experience to you.
In college, we had the novel of Jane Austin in our syllabus. I just fell in love with the writing. Apart from Austin, I loved to read "Wise and Otherwise" by Sudha Murthy - Mr. Narayan Murthy's wife. I don't know if she can sit in the "writer" category. But reading that book was a great experience. I suggest everyone read it at least once, you will automatically read it again and again.

Sudha Murthy is an acknowledged writer. I read her many novels. Her style is subtle, simple and straight forward.

As I said, I honestly accept it that I didn't know much about Mrs. Murthy. But I am not aware of her any other work. But if I do a Google search, I will be able to know more about her, I am sure. And I will certainly do it in my free time.

I have read Wise and Otherwise. It is a wonderful collection of Mrs. Murthy's real life experiences. I also have 3 more novels of Mrs. Murthy. Soon I will finish them too.

I am going to search Sudha's work online and read it immediately. It should help me as well.

I agree! the stories in Wise and Otherwise are mainly based on her personal experiences while working as a social worker and is really a study of human attitudes and behavior. Other great books I read are Dollar Bahu and Maheshweta. They are really good.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I agree! the stories in Wise and Otherwise are mainly based on her personal experiences while working as a social worker and is really a study of human attitudes and behavior. Other great books I read are Dollar Bahu and Maheshweta. They are really good.

I am making a list of all the books and names of authors various members have suggested , for my future reading reference...Reading is one experience that has no parellel !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I am making a list of all the books and names of authors various members have suggested , for my future reading reference...Reading is one experience that has no parellel !

I agree, and it is through this type of interaction that we come to know so many lovely books and authors we would otherwise not know. I too have already started my list! Another great author I admire is Alistair Maclean, most famous for his novel Guns of Navarone, on which the classic movie too was based! His South By Javahead, Ice Station Zebra, Partisans etc. are really good with spine-chilling thrill!

I agree, and it is through this type of interaction that we come to know so many lovely books and authors we would otherwise not know. I too have already started my list! Another great author I admire is Alistair Maclean, most famous for his novel Guns of Navarone, on which the classic movie too was based! His South By Javahead, Ice Station Zebra, Partisans etc. are really good with spine-chilling thrill!

I too love reading Alistair Macleans books , have read all of them - there was one called circus which used to be my favorite during college days . I still have a few books with me which I bought long back in second hand book stores..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I too love reading Alistair Macleans books , have read all of them - there was one called circus which used to be my favorite during college days . I still have a few books with me which I bought long back in second hand book stores..

Adding it to my list, I had never heard of Circus, will try and find it! Thanks! :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
I too have read Wise and Otherwise.. Lovely and simple book.. Apart from that for fiction i am always a fan of Sydney Sheldon... :) :)

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Thank you said by: usha manohar
I too have read Wise and Otherwise.. Lovely and simple book.. Apart from that for fiction i am always a fan of Sydney Sheldon... :) :)

I have read all of Sidney Sheldon's books over and over again while in college and afterwards. They are amazingly written with unpredictable plots. But now I do not enjoy them much. But the one I still like a lot is The Sands of TIme and Tell me Your Dreams!

I have read all of Sidney Sheldon's books over and over again while in college and afterwards. They are amazingly written with unpredictable plots. But now I do not enjoy them much. But the one I still like a lot is The Sands of TIme and Tell me Your Dreams!

I too have read both those and I agree they are good.Sydney sheldon's leading characters are all very strong women and they are able to come up and survive inspite of facing adversities in life...

I haven't read any of Sidney Sheldon's books. I have read some reviews about his novels and those reviews haven't been great. But after reading your post I think I should give it a try. I will start with The Sands of Time.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.