The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
we have many stereo types in our films which take an extreme view instead of being balanced.there is no perfect situation or solution in life.i watched Baghban the other day and felt what a shoddy job the director had done with the storyline. A banker who is dealing with money and investment day in and day out is broke to the extent that he has no money to repair his spectacles after retirement.....Have they forgotten that banking jobs carry pension and even if his PF is nil, he still has something to live on. ...The other films too show things in a very unrealistic manner making the children villains and the parents eternally suffering ....I am sure there are such cases but they may be few ...

Hindi films are known to exaggerate many real life situations to the extent that they almost become funny and ridiculous, I agree Baghban is quite shoddily done and we cannot digest a savvy banker to be so gullible. Yet there are many such examples where children do make a big show of love adn devotion to parents and once they get everything turned into their names, they leave their parents on their fate!

Of course there are some children who are so greedy that they become totally uncaring and insensitive to the needs of the parents. So, it is better for everyone to be prepared for the worst and see that they are financially comfortable during their old age, may be even book a old age home ...

A renowned builder in Pune built such a project on the outskirts of Pune, an up-scale, modern scheme of bungalows and rowhouses in picturesque surroundings, and it has become a fashion in the affluent families to book a home for the elderly in that scheme. They even have their own bus service to and from prominent areas in the city! Many elderly couples actually are opting on their own free will to go live there! Maybe it is a welcome and positive sign since more and more children are now migrating out of country and are unavailable to care for their parents!

Absolutely ! One should move with the times, I too have visited a couple of such old age homes, one run by a christian institute which caters to thye middle class people which was run beautifully...Another like in Pune, is on the outskirts of the city with small villas and row houses, looked after by the staff and the people living there seem very happy since they have company and have a set routine..

But still the ones run by government and NGOs are very dismal since not all old people can afford better places. All they offer is food and roof over the head but lack warmth and love of a home!
Few days back in one news snippet, one elder age home, is evacuated and sold to a private real estate owners, and the elders who were staying there has been stranded at the road side, a really sad story and government should have stepped in there, instead of keeping mum.

http://mohanmekap.com/

we have many stereo types in our films which take an extreme view instead of being balanced.there is no perfect situation or solution in life.i watched Baghban the other day and felt what a shoddy job the director had done with the storyline. A banker who is dealing with money and investment day in and day out is broke to the extent that he has no money to repair his spectacles after retirement.....Have they forgotten that banking jobs carry pension and even if his PF is nil, he still has something to live on. ...The other films too show things in a very unrealistic manner making the children villains and the parents eternally suffering ....I am sure there are such cases but they may be few ...

Hindi films are known to exaggerate many real life situations to the extent that they almost become funny and ridiculous, I agree Baghban is quite shoddily done and we cannot digest a savvy banker to be so gullible. Yet there are many such examples where children do make a big show of love adn devotion to parents and once they get everything turned into their names, they leave their parents on their fate!

Of course there are some children who are so greedy that they become totally uncaring and insensitive to the needs of the parents. So, it is better for everyone to be prepared for the worst and see that they are financially comfortable during their old age, may be even book a old age home ...

A renowned builder in Pune built such a project on the outskirts of Pune, an up-scale, modern scheme of bungalows and rowhouses in picturesque surroundings, and it has become a fashion in the affluent families to book a home for the elderly in that scheme. They even have their own bus service to and from prominent areas in the city! Many elderly couples actually are opting on their own free will to go live there! Maybe it is a welcome and positive sign since more and more children are now migrating out of country and are unavailable to care for their parents!

Absolutely ! One should move with the times, I too have visited a couple of such old age homes, one run by a christian institute which caters to thye middle class people which was run beautifully...Another like in Pune, is on the outskirts of the city with small villas and row houses, looked after by the staff and the people living there seem very happy since they have company and have a set routine..

But still the ones run by government and NGOs are very dismal since not all old people can afford better places. All they offer is food and roof over the head but lack warmth and love of a home!
Few days back in one news snippet, one elder age home, is evacuated and sold to a private real estate owners, and the elders who were staying there has been stranded at the road side, a really sad story and government should have stepped in there, instead of keeping mum.

The congress gvernment only talks about poor people and helping them blah blah...when it comes to action, they only protect the rich and the powerful who may have sucked the blood of many por people like Mulayam Singh Yadav and Mayawati...In India we have absolutely no government facilities for old people - post offices are on the second floor with no lift facilities, PSU banks are on the first or second floor again with no facilities - how do they expect the old people to use them? I doubt if they even think on those lines and old age homes are pathetic with no roper staff to maintain them nor any facility.When we pay taxes provisons are made and it is included, so where does the money go year afer year?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

The congress gvernment only talks about poor people and helping them blah blah...when it comes to action, they only protect the rich and the powerful who may have sucked the blood of many por people like Mulayam Singh Yadav and Mayawati...In India we have absolutely no government facilities for old people - post offices are on the second floor with no lift facilities, PSU banks are on the first or second floor again with no facilities - how do they expect the old people to use them? I doubt if they even think on those lines and old age homes are pathetic with no roper staff to maintain them nor any facility.When we pay taxes provisons are made and it is included, so where does the money go year afer year?
In India there should be good elder age homes for the needy and I am surprised there are many NGOs who are appearing in television on national issues which is not going to help any body and they are gaining with cores of rupees, but they should construct their service in creating old age homes.

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Kalyani Nandurkar

I agree ! They are pathetic but old people who have neither money nor health feel something is better than nothing sice they have a roof over their head and something to eat. In my city there is an old age home for women run by a lady with some donations and gvernment aid.I happened to visit it sometime back - The place is actually an old house owned by the lady which she has converted into an ola age home. All the people living there have to work in the kitchen or in whatever capacity they can, look after their personal work like washing clothes ...There are two large halls where they all sleep ..3 bathrooms and kitchen and a verandah where they eat their meals,There is a lot of space around the building where some vegetables and flowers are grown.It is minimalistic but a good effort by the lady since she is providing shelter to so many women.They have to pay a deposit , which is not too much when they enter and nothing else.The interest is utilised for their expenses..There are about 25 -30 women residing there and seem haappy...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree ! They are pathetic but old people who have neither money nor health feel something is better than nothing sice they have a roof over their head and something to eat. In my city there is an old age home for women run by a lady with some donations and gvernment aid.I happened to visit it sometime back - The place is actually an old house owned by the lady which she has converted into an ola age home. All the people living there have to work in the kitchen or in whatever capacity they can, look after their personal work like washing clothes ...There are two large halls where they all sleep ..3 bathrooms and kitchen and a verandah where they eat their meals,There is a lot of space around the building where some vegetables and flowers are grown.It is minimalistic but a good effort by the lady since she is providing shelter to so many women.They have to pay a deposit , which is not too much when they enter and nothing else.The interest is utilised for their expenses..There are about 25 -30 women residing there and seem haappy...

That is exactly what the old people need. Most old age homes offer only shelter and food to the old people but what they really want is the feeling of being needed and something to occupy their time and minds. The place like you mentioned, where the old people work around and in general do something useful makes them feel independent and useful which is a good boost for their self-esteem, which is what old age homes must offer. Otherwise all they do is create a dismal and stagnant environment where naturally the residents get a feeling of foreboding and that the place is only a resting stop just before death embraces them1

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

There are few old-age homes in our city also most of them are paid though they claim these to be on no profit no loss basis. As I have mentioned earlier also even we are running one such place in our city. In fact my brother in Law is running it but my role is only limited to make some contribution towards its financial and management aspect. There is still need for many such homes just like increasing number of day care centers for kids. The only difference is these people have to stay here 24 hours a day despite having their relatives in the same city. Very few people have no one to look after them, therefore come to stay in Old Age homes.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: usha manohar
In my native town there are two old age homes, and out of which one is good and the other one is deeply engaged in controversies as it is showing as NGO but is receiving money from inmates, the local channel expose that old age home and now it is in the midst of controversy.

In my native town there are two old age homes, and out of which one is good and the other one is deeply engaged in controversies as it is showing as NGO but is receiving money from inmates, the local channel expose that old age home and now it is in the midst of controversy.

There is an old age home run by retired army doctors near my home. They charge a pittance but their services are excellent. Once I donated a few posters related to old age which were kept in the rooms of the inmates and the office. The management offered me money, which i politely refused. They offered me a honorary post to me. My job is to arrange a chit chat session once in a week. Individuals can contribute their mite in some form other to the old. They need not be your own parents.
This is the first time I am reading about "International Day of Older". People should respect elders on every day rather than on 1st October.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
We have different 'DAYS' for different occasions all along the year. Once the international year for elders is observed, people will forget it until next, " international year for elders".
Those who love their parents and look after them well , will not love their parents according to these meaningless DAYS.They care for their parents all along the year.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.