This concept is popular in the Western countries.In the US they already have a National walking day when people walk everywhere.I feel that it is a very healthy idea to adapt in our country as well more so in the cities.
If people decide to walk unless it is impossible to do so, the load on the roads would come down thereby clearing the atmosphere and of course personal benefits would be huge. We can even go one step further and have a walking day every month and for health freaks probably once every week...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10850]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In my place Vizag, the corporation laid out walking tracks along the beach and in few places. I for one prefer to walk in the early hours of the day in order to avoid traffic chaos, dust and noise.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Good visual and it definitely inspires more to walk a lot than usual!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Good words of inspiration! I didn't knew walking had so many advantages. :ohmy:

Live in the present :)
I used to walk everyday for an hour in our local park ( Kadri Park), in fact the only one that has a proper walking track. But ever since the monsoons began I am unable to do so because the tracks get waterlogged in places and I am waiting for the weather to clear so that I can resume my routine once again....

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I myself love walking. In fact i have started many threads in different sites on this topic. Fortunately I have a park in my city right opposite my house where they have provided a walking path where people walk in the morning and evenings. Here in autralia walking is national sports. If you will type bushwalking in your search bar, chances are you shall land in Sydney. These walks are through bushes,on hilly terrains, along the sea or in jungles. It is lot of fun walking and even camping aside the bushes, specially designed for the purpose. .

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I myself love walking. In fact i have started many threads in different sites on this topic. Fortunately I have a park in my city right opposite my house where they have provided a walking path where people walk in the morning and evenings. Here in autralia walking is national sports. If you will type bushwalking in your search bar, chances are you shall land in Sydney. These walks are through bushes,on hilly terrains, along the sea or in jungles. It is lot of fun walking and even camping aside the bushes, specially designed for the purpose. .

That's true. For me walking has become an integral part of my daily routine. Even when I;m on a holiday, the first thing I search for a good walking track in the place.And the benefits of walking are, an investment of mere 20 minutes a day will keep you active all along the day. It keeps your mind focused on whatever you do.
You can immediately tell the difference when you stop walking ! You feel lethargic and your joints feel soft at the slightest of physical labor. I feel that it is also important to sit on the floor and do some bending exercises every day so that the limbs are agile and flexible.with age one can see that limbs tend to become stiffer if not used regularly. I have seen some older people unable to sit on the floor or even bend forwards to pick something up..

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, suni51
I used to walk everyday for an hour in our local park ( Kadri Park), in fact the only one that has a proper walking track. But ever since the monsoons began I am unable to do so because the tracks get waterlogged in places and I am waiting for the weather to clear so that I can resume my routine once again....

I walk for an hour in the hills close to my place. But lately due to heavy rains unable to go there so now can walk only on the tracks built close by. But I really don't prefer walking on the tracks because they are made of paving blocks and are not easy on the knees!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I walk for an hour in the hills close to my place. But lately due to heavy rains unable to go there so now can walk only on the tracks built close by. But I really don't prefer walking on the tracks because they are made of paving blocks and are not easy on the knees!

It is really nice to walk in the open on the hills where you get a sense of freedom....A couple of years back we had gone trekking on Bisle Ghats near Sakleshpur and it was an unforgettable experience since we encountered all sorts of things like Snakes and a a very deadly species of scorpion, elephants ....You realise how trivial our own life is compared to the enormity of nature !

Nothing gives me more pleasure than walking during early hours. It's at this time nature looks at its best. For me walking serves two purposes. Walking pleasure and sketching pleasure.
parra-001.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.