Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I remember first two years at Tensa a beautiful valley where I joined my first assignment, I used to walk long amidst the clouds a cooler place and used to run, mild run similar to walk, up to zero point a place in the valley especially during weekends, after four to five years leaving that place I still longed for such place to have a walk there, where cool winds and clouds would be touching you and you cross all these so called virtual barriers to cross the country side.

Tensa. This word brought many memories in to my mind. Whenever I used to go for official trips when I was in Rourkela steel plant to Tensa, I used to lose myself amidst this nature's bounty.
People living in the mountain regions are really lucky.Every time I pass through Western Ghats while I am travelling to Bangalore I look at all the little villages that we pass and think how nice to be living there where you are open to the elements of nature, with no pollution, walk through the winding roads looking at the amazing display of nature ! But the irony is that those people living there long to live in large cities ...
BushwalkingSydneyGudiya.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I remember first two years at Tensa a beautiful valley where I joined my first assignment, I used to walk long amidst the clouds a cooler place and used to run, mild run similar to walk, up to zero point a place in the valley especially during weekends, after four to five years leaving that place I still longed for such place to have a walk there, where cool winds and clouds would be touching you and you cross all these so called virtual barriers to cross the country side.

I am lucky that way as during my short, about five years period in project management in a company building steel bridges for Army in hills, I had a chance to visit many areas where normal visitors are not allowed like Bhutan border, Tibet border, Kashmir, Himanchal Pradesh and Sikkim on very high altitude. I find every place wonderfully beautiful and more so because I walked 10 to 30 KM a day on hilly roads, crossed fast flowing hilly rivers stepping on boulders, went up the hills and so many other adventurous going up and down. I experienced such walks more thrilling compared to what I did during my visits to almost all other hill stations in India and abroad.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I am lucky that way as during my short, about five years period in project management in a company building steel bridges for Army in hills, I had a chance to visit many areas where normal visitors are not allowed like Bhutan border, Tibet border, Kashmir, Himanchal Pradesh and Sikkim on very high altitude. I find every place wonderfully beautiful and more so because I walked 10 to 30 KM a day on hilly roads, crossed fast flowing hilly rivers stepping on boulders, went up the hills and so many other adventurous going up and down. I experienced such walks more thrilling compared to what I did during my visits to almost all other hill stations in India and abroad.

Two factors are to be taken in to consideration. Your track or the terrain has to offer both the benefits of health boosting and eye feasting .

Tensa. This word brought many memories in to my mind. Whenever I used to go for official trips when I was in Rourkela steel plant to Tensa, I used to lose myself amidst this nature's bounty.
a wonderful place to live there for few months, it is a nice place, though of late the roads leading to there is broken and regular bus service is still absent there.

http://mohanmekap.com/

People living in the mountain regions are really lucky.Every time I pass through Western Ghats while I am travelling to Bangalore I look at all the little villages that we pass and think how nice to be living there where you are open to the elements of nature, with no pollution, walk through the winding roads looking at the amazing display of nature ! But the irony is that those people living there long to live in large cities ...

Yes I too experienced the thrill of traveling in that area. Recently we were in a famous Bushwaliking area of Sydney, you can see my daughter in this photo.
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10853]}

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: shadow, usha manohar
There are many better walking tracks and walking havens even in India. Difference is we overlook them and never put them to proper use. Odisha is an example.
Thank you said by: shadow
There are many better walking tracks and walking havens even in India. Difference is we overlook them and never put them to proper use. Odisha is an example.

We have so much to see in our country but people have not the least care to keep those places safe. We lack sense of civil value. We are selfish.

We have so much to see in our country but people have not the least care to keep those places safe. We lack sense of civil value. We are selfish.

Government's indifference, people's irresponsibility are two major factors for this rot.
There are plenty of jungles where one can walk and enjoy the natural beauties and also plenty of places where the climate is cool and nice.

http://mohanmekap.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.