Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Nothing gives me more pleasure than walking during early hours. It's at this time nature looks at its best. For me walking serves two purposes. Walking pleasure and sketching pleasure.

I have found another way of walking these days, I walk to railway station on my way to classes which is 1.6 km and then to classes another 1 km and same distance way back from classes which makes it almost 5km five days a week. Then going to local market, incidentally here we have no shops like back in our country but shopping complexes. The nearest one is 1 Km from my home. I never miss a chance to walk on weekends, with so many walking places and beautiful parks in this country. This famous park is less than 2 km away from my present residence Photo courtesy http://www.ppt.nsw.gov.au/
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10851]}

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

There you are. The idea is wherever it's possible as you are doing now, walk. They say MOVEMENT itself is an exercise.
Nothing gives me more pleasure than walking during early hours. It's at this time nature looks at its best. For me walking serves two purposes. Walking pleasure and sketching pleasure.

I have found another way of walking these days, I walk to railway station on my way to classes which is 1.6 km and then to classes another 1 km and same distance way back from classes which makes it almost 5km five days a week. Then going to local market, incidentally here we have no shops like back in our country but shopping complexes. The nearest one is 1 Km from my home. I never miss a chance to walk on weekends, with so many walking places and beautiful parks in this country. This famous park is less than 2 km away from my present residence Photo courtesy http://www.ppt.nsw.gov.au/

What a lovely spot, Australia is truly a blessed country as far as natural beauty is concerned....We too have an abunadnce of it but the problem is the way people take them for granted, pollutinng them in every way possible...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51

What a lovely spot, Australia is truly a blessed country as far as natural beauty is concerned....We too have an abunadnce of it but the problem is the way people take them for granted, pollutinng them in every way possible...

Such a spot in India is an open invitation for people to come and use it as a toilet!!! :blink: :blink: While we are on a drive somewhere I used to tempted by such beautiful places and whenever we ventured anywhere close by , reality hit us badly in our nostrils! :blink: So we stick to known places where there are frequent walkers! :unsure:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Such a spot in India is an open invitation for people to come and use it as a toilet!!! :blink: :blink: While we are on a drive somewhere I used to tempted by such beautiful places and whenever we ventured anywhere close by , reality hit us badly in our nostrils! :blink: So we stick to known places where there are frequent walkers! :unsure:

I remember Bangalore of yesteryears , used to be a clean city with many parks and space to walk, but now with over population and ismanagement it is going the way the other major metros have gone....Even a second rung city like Mangalore is facing problems of pollution which was unheard of a decade ago....Unless we keep some green space/green belt around the city like they have in other countries our cities will become unliveable in due course of time...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I remember Bangalore of yesteryears , used to be a clean city with many parks and space to walk, but now with over population and ismanagement it is going the way the other major metros have gone....Even a second rung city like Mangalore is facing problems of pollution which was unheard of a decade ago....Unless we keep some green space/green belt around the city like they have in other countries our cities will become unliveable in due course of time...

So is the case with Pune, Pune was famous for a large number of hills covered with rich vegetation but now most of them are being destroyed, half due to encroachment of slums and the remaining half are being demolished by builders for construction. :blink: :blink: All the cities in India are being destroyed similarly under the garb of development!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I am fortunate enough to have lived in cities like Bangalore, my present local suburb in Meerut district, Delhi and present city Sydney which all have wonderful parks. I Stayed in Bangalore for almost 7-8 years and have wonderful memories. Kabban Park is still my first choice besides National Park Bannarghatta with world class facilities although it is a different kind of park.I have the honor to have visited Brindavan Garden starting 30 years before when it used to decorated with fantastic lighting in evenings. I have photos of all the parks I visited . But I agree the situation lately has worsened everywhere due to carelessness and shortage of water.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I'm lucky in that respect. The natural canvas is still untouched by the monstrous civilisation in my place Vizag. Walking alongside the rising waves that brings out all the energy in the wee hours of morning is altogether a different proposition.
I remember first two years at Tensa a beautiful valley where I joined my first assignment, I used to walk long amidst the clouds a cooler place and used to run, mild run similar to walk, up to zero point a place in the valley especially during weekends, after four to five years leaving that place I still longed for such place to have a walk there, where cool winds and clouds would be touching you and you cross all these so called virtual barriers to cross the country side.

http://mohanmekap.com/

India is very backward when it comes to such things. People in India will hardly walk even when they know the importance. There are many people who want a bike to even go to the crowded market place where it is already difficult to drive. Apart from walking, swimming and cycling are the other two prominent physical exercises any person can do.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.