Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Carrying a flag and shouting Bharat mata ki Jai does not make anyone more patriotic or nationalist. That is all a routine job now limited to 15 August and 26 January and that too by very few people. A true nationalist does not have to shout his feelings on the road but it shows in his work. Most people talking of nation and morals often try to hide their own weakness in such matters.

I uphold your views. It's not the exhibitionism that counts. Shouting ear splitting slogans, holding aloft tricolor can be done by a hired hands who are dime a dozen. It's one's work that goes for the society's work is the one that come s in to account.

In reality such people are engulfing the Nation. They are exploiting Indians and looting the country. They are playing with our emotions.
Friends I have seen many people holding our national flag and walking miles on the streets. Are they patriots? What about the people who don't hold the flag and walk miles on the streets? When the situation comes, they never move back to sacrifice their life for the country. National flag is our soul but very few people knows the true meaning of the flag.

It is the belief and action that counts and not gimmicks. Spme self styled nationalists declare that any one not shouting slogans like Vande Mataram is a traitor and not nationalist or patriot. Patriotism has nothing to do with slogans.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Friends I have seen many people holding our national flag and walking miles on the streets. Are they patriots? What about the people who don't hold the flag and walk miles on the streets? When the situation comes, they never move back to sacrifice their life for the country. National flag is our soul but very few people knows the true meaning of the flag.

It is the belief and action that counts and not gimmicks. Spme self styled nationalists declare that any one not shouting slogans like Vande Mataram is a traitor and not nationalist or patriot. Patriotism has nothing to do with slogans.

We should not single out a particular slogan. After all we have been singing our anthem that was basically written to praise the KING and has no more relevancy with this country unless some changes are made in it.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

We should not single out a particular slogan. After all we have been singing our anthem that was basically written to praise the KING and has no more relevancy with this country unless some changes are made in it.

Can't I be a patriot without singing Janaganamana? Am I traitor if I don't say Vande Mataram ? Are there any norms for an individual to be fulfilled to be termed as a Nationalist ?

Can't I be a patriot without singing Janaganamana? Am I traitor if I don't say Vande Mataram ? Are there any norms for an individual to be fulfilled to be termed as a Nationalist ?

It is necessary to know the National Song, National Anthem, National Emblem, National Flag, National Animal, National sport, National Flower and National Bird. This is all about the pride of India. If you don't know them, if you don't know the history and geography of India, then you don't love your country. It is so because you are neglecting the pride of our nation.
Moreover, this will make you feel dedicated towards your nation. It is necessary. Actually all Indians must respect India by heart and learn the above right from their childhood.

Regarding patriotism, you may or may not be so. We have defence and police services who give us peaceful life to live in.

It is necessary to know the National Song, National Anthem, National Emblem, National Flag, National Animal, National sport, National Flower and National Bird. This is all about the pride of India. If you don't know them, if you don't know the history and geography of India, then you don't love your country. It is so because you are neglecting the pride of our nation.
Moreover, this will make you feel dedicated towards your nation. It is necessary. Actually all Indians must respect India by heart and learn the above right from their childhood.

Regarding patriotism, you may or may not be so. We have defence and police services who give us peaceful life to live in.

But these defense forces and police services are constituted of people. The underlying principle is one should have that quality of patriotism. I f the people in the defense services and police forces are filled with people lacking patriotism, do you think they can protect you and provide peaceful conditions?
True nationalism is following your civic duties.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Nationalism does not mean you get stuck in your country and never leave your place of stay and overlook all the obvious faults...Many people seem to think that the moment you criticise a certain aspect you become a traitor which is far from truth ! You need to have your eyes open so that you are aware of everything that is there and happening around you and if possible contribute to bring in a positive change !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Nationalism does not mean you get stuck in your country and never leave your place of stay and overlook all the obvious faults...Many people seem to think that the moment you criticise a certain aspect you become a traitor which is far from truth ! You need to have your eyes open so that you are aware of everything that is there and happening around you and if possible contribute to bring in a positive change !

True. A Nationalist is one who keeps an eye on the lapses, irregularities happening around and lends his helping hand in eradicating the social evils without expecting a return. Turning a Nelson's eye and having the mindset of " what's there for me in it" is mere escapism. Not Nationalism.
I agree. True patriot would not turn his back on the problems. He would do everything within his power to change any wrong or illegal things happening around him.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.