The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
We are a graceless society lacking in etiquette and manners right from the top, here is an interesting article on the subject.... Like people like leader or vice versa ?
http://www.theindianrepublic.com/tbp/graceless-nehru-gandhis-devoid-democratic-etiquette-bharatiya-100037207.html

The contents of the article are directed at the supposed lack of manners as perceived by the author which Sonia Gandhi and family should have adopted upon Modi coming to power. The author has conveniently not stated what all was spoken against them in this and previous elections by persons in whom he finds lot of virtues today. That is beside the point. But I object to the conclusion that in view of the article therefore we are a graceless society ------. The alleged behaviour in no way represents the entire society's behaviour.

I firmly believe in the fact, "Yadha Raja Tatha Praja."
We are a graceless society lacking in etiquette and manners right from the top, here is an interesting article on the subject.... Like people like leader or vice versa ?
http://www.theindianrepublic.com/tbp/graceless-nehru-gandhis-devoid-democratic-etiquette-bharatiya-100037207.html

The contents of the article are directed at the supposed lack of manners as perceived by the author which Sonia Gandhi and family should have adopted upon Modi coming to power. The author has conveniently not stated what all was spoken against them in this and previous elections by persons in whom he finds lot of virtues today. That is beside the point. But I object to the conclusion that in view of the article therefore we are a graceless society ------. The alleged behaviour in no way represents the entire society's behaviour.

So we are also graceless

So we are also graceless

That's the obvious conclusion.

So we are also graceless

A Very submissive conclusion for no rhyme or reason !

So we are also graceless

That's your opinion. I expressed mine.

So we are also graceless

That's your opinion. I expressed mine.

Fair enough.

There are always exceptions and that is the whole problems it shd be the other way round, a few graceless and ill mannered people can be normal and acceptable but not almost an entire nation...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

There are always exceptions and that is the whole problems it shd be the other way round, a few graceless and ill mannered people can be normal and acceptable but not almost an entire nation...

Those few graceless people if they are our leaders,can make the entire nation graceless. Because followers look towards their leaders.
I think every manner is good and if that imparts good etiquette then it should be encouraged, nothing wrong to learn from other civilisation if such manners devotes some practical aspect of behaviours and other significant eitquetttes.

http://mohanmekap.com/

I think every manner is good and if that imparts good etiquette then it should be encouraged, nothing wrong to learn from other civilisation if such manners devotes some practical aspect of behaviours and other significant eitquetttes.

Exactly ! I personally feel that we have a lot to learn from the West regarding etiquette and social manners which is totally lacking in Indians, we cut a sorry figure when we travel abroad. I have seen how uncouth and mannerless Indians seem when compared to the others ...Unless we correct and learn there is no scope for improvement, no point in patting our backs and saying we are the oldest civilisation blah blah..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: mohan manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.