The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Number of stars of a hotel will not dampen the undesirable, inherent traits of an individual. They have to come from the inner core of the heart.
Indians are, well most of them are, very coarse and uncouth when it comes to table manners. We see fine examples of their disgusting habits especially during buffet functions, the most disgusting and the one that should be made punishable is wasting of food. I don't know why people piles heaps of food on their plate and then throw half of it away! :blink:

Another uncouth habit is talking loudly in restaurants including five star ones.

That too......I read a report some time back that a survey done showed that Indians were the loudest in the world! :S

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Indians are, well most of them are, very coarse and uncouth when it comes to table manners. We see fine examples of their disgusting habits especially during buffet functions, the most disgusting and the one that should be made punishable is wasting of food. I don't know why people piles heaps of food on their plate and then throw half of it away! :blink:

Another uncouth habit is talking loudly in restaurants including five star ones.

That too......I read a report some time back that a survey done showed that Indians were the loudest in the world! :S

Everything is loud. We burp loudly.. We talk loudly.We make finger licking loudly.
Yes true. Another thing which I dislike the most is eating with mouth open.

I love writing and sharing ideas

Yes true. Another thing which I dislike the most is eating with mouth open.[/quote

And spilling the food on the poor people around?
One most irritating habit of Indians is sipping tea or coffee and making lot of noise (slurp....) while doing so.
Without drawing the attention of the others eating food in gatherings and buffets is the best way of observing the table manners.
Children need to be taight from childhood to develop gracious manners and table etiquette ! This also is a way of respecting other people and their feelings which most Indians feel is of no consequence. Freedom comes with responsibilities which we Indians seem to either forget or overlook !

I agree with you good manners should be injected in to children right from their formative years. For this parents need to be exemplary. Children easily imitate the elders in the tender age. Parents should take a cue and see to it that they pave the way setting an example.

I see some children behaving in an unruly manner in restaurants disturbing other diners by running around and coming in the way of the waiters etc, parents feel everyone shd adjust to their childrens bad manners...Instead if they pay more attention to their children and keep them with them rather than gossip at the table, there wd be better results both ways...As for other table manners, the lesser said the better! !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Children need to be taight from childhood to develop gracious manners and table etiquette ! This also is a way of respecting other people and their feelings which most Indians feel is of no consequence. Freedom comes with responsibilities which we Indians seem to either forget or overlook !

I agree with you good manners should be injected in to children right from their formative years. For this parents need to be exemplary. Children easily imitate the elders in the tender age. Parents should take a cue and see to it that they pave the way setting an example.

I see some children behaving in an unruly manner in restaurants disturbing other diners by running around and coming in the way of the waiters etc, parents feel everyone shd adjust to their childrens bad manners...Instead if they pay more attention to their children and keep them with them rather than gossip at the table, there wd be better results both ways...As for other table manners, the lesser said the better! ![/quote

Any manners good or bad are learned from the parents. My wife's close friend who always visits my house with her two children. Then the operation demolition starts. These two children topple the flower vases. Explore my brush stands. Squeeze the color tubes and smear the colors on the walls while their mother and my wife deeply immersed in their gossip.These ill manners are due to parents' lack of control over the children. Same thing applies to the table manners..
I have found some of discussions here, where it seems relates with organisational behaviour. As four years back while I was with MNC, the first as MT the first sessions is all about etiquette and it related to table manners.

http://mohanmekap.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.