Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It was there for most of time, UPA 2 three years back removed regional language from civil service, now they are into streets to demand for it, a strange case of polity for UPA as they have removed this, Rajnath singh hints at post poning exam for a month to take decision. :whistle: :whistle:

http://mohanmekap.com/

They should abolish the language papers from the Civil Exams.Candidates taking the exams obviously will know a language and can answer questions in that language. After selection they can learn the language of the State they are posted in(which they are doing at present) or English if their cadre so demands.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Why should there be a struggle in this regard, I cannot understand?? For Hindi students just because they cannot take English paper does not mean they are not capable and efficient. I think these languages can be kept optional, let some opt for English, others opt for Hindi, what is the big deal. And in my opinion, most IAS officers after being initiated into service have to start at the grassroots level; where they have to work with people in the field and for that, they should understand Hindi too. So let them take Hindi, and let South Indians take English as they are hellbent on rejecting everything that comes from North!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Why should there be a struggle in this regard, I cannot understand?? For Hindi students just because they cannot take English paper does not mean they are not capable and efficient. I think these languages can be kept optional, let some opt for English, others opt for Hindi, what is the big deal. And in my opinion, most IAS officers after being initiated into service have to start at the grassroots level; where they have to work with people in the field and for that, they should understand Hindi too. So let them take Hindi, and let South Indians take English as they are hellbent on rejecting everything that comes from North!

In fact, the I.A.S. being All India Service, the oficers work in states and also at center. They must know the language of their home cadre. So if some oficer is from Tamilnadu cadre, he must know Tamil. But those posted in central government must know English. The issue is that candidates for civil services exam conducted by U.P.S.C have studied in different mediums. Those in Hindi and other languages feel handicxapped as the English medium candidates score high. The position needs a change and bias in favor of english needs be removed. There are also complaints of bad translation in some papers for Hindi students. Translation needs be manual and not on Google translator. It will be better that papers for Hindi and other languages are set independently and not translated.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

In fact, the I.A.S. being All India Service, the oficers work in states and also at center. They must know the language of their home cadre. So if some oficer is from Tamilnadu cadre, he must know Tamil. But those posted in central government must know English. The issue is that candidates for civil services exam conducted by U.P.S.C have studied in different mediums. Those in Hindi and other languages feel handicxapped as the English medium candidates score high. The position needs a change and bias in favor of english needs be removed. There are also complaints of bad translation in some papers for Hindi students. Translation needs be manual and not on Google translator. It will be better that papers for Hindi and other languages are set independently and not translated.

Most of the time home state posting is not given to the fresh IAS. Thus a Tamil will be posted outside Tamil Nadu and will be required to learn language of that state. Knowledge of English is necessary as it is the official link language. It is surprising that aspirants want to decide how they will be examined and not the examining body. At this rate IIM /IIT exams also should be diluted as a majority do not make it. The reasons are different for this agitation. Should agitators be allowed to sit in the eaxms.

Most of the time home state posting is not given to the fresh IAS. Thus a Tamil will be posted outside Tamil Nadu and will be required to learn language of that state. Knowledge of English is necessary as it is the official link language. It is surprising that aspirants want to decide how they will be examined and not the examining body. At this rate IIM /IIT exams also should be diluted as a majority do not make it. The reasons are different for this agitation. Should agitators be allowed to sit in the eaxms.

What you say does have truth in it, but isn't it time to face the fact that all these examinations were designed by the British and we are still following them in spite of the numerous changes taken place since then. I feel that English language should not be given that much importance at the initial stage, later on when the selected candidates go through the academy, they can be taught English and its importance can be imbibed during that stage. But by denying this facility,. we might be losing some very good and efficient future officers.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

What you say does have truth in it, but isn't it time to face the fact that all these examinations were designed by the British and we are still following them in spite of the numerous changes taken place since then. I feel that English language should not be given that much importance at the initial stage, later on when the selected candidates go through the academy, they can be taught English and its importance can be imbibed during that stage. But by denying this facility,. we might be losing some very good and efficient future officers.

There is a sea change in papers today and they no longer have any British era influence. The issue is that they want the C-SAT aptitude test to be scrapped as only those who clear it are allowed to give the regular exam. This is to avoid the unnecessary large numbers who otherwise have to be examined. It is said in this test 10th standard level of reasoning,logic,maths,problem solving skills, english skills etc are asked. it acts as a filter. There is no prominency given to English language,which is taught as a first or second language almost everywhere at secondary level.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

There is a sea change in papers today and they no longer have any British era influence. The issue is that they want the C-SAT aptitude test to be scrapped as only those who clear it are allowed to give the regular exam. This is to avoid the unnecessary large numbers who otherwise have to be examined. It is said in this test 10th standard level of reasoning,logic,maths,problem solving skills, english skills etc are asked. it acts as a filter. There is no prominency given to English language,which is taught as a first or second language almost everywhere at secondary level.

But 10th level standard is of CBSE board or state boards. English skill is naturally poor of those studying in Hindi medium state boards. Some change appears necessary.

But 10th level standard is of CBSE board or state boards. English skill is naturally poor of those studying in Hindi medium state boards. Some change appears necessary.

Why only the concerns of Hindi medium students are to be addressed. What about students studying in regional language medium schools. Are they not at a double disadvantage vs English and Hindi. It is a clever move by UP and Bihar politicians of a particular party which has recd. considerable support in the recent elections and it is pay back time now. Incidentally it is estimated that more than 300 million or 30 crore Indians understand English by reading and speaking it.
Now Govrnment has agreed to remove Englis paper. But the andidates are still unsatisfied. The issue is bad translation mechanically done with Google. This is not a big issue. Translation should be more appropriate with some human intervention.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/UPSC-exam-row-Agitators-call-govt-move-eyewash-refuse-to-relent/articleshow/39724504.cms?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=digest_section

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Like-it-or-not-you-just-cant-do-without-English/articleshow/39724110.cms?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=digest_section

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.