Personally I feel that an individual shd have the freedom to convert to any religion or follow any religion or sect of his own free will and choice.However, when there is coercsion involved it gets blown out of proportion . With all that I still feel that religion should be treated as a personal matter and left alone rather than made into a national issue ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I agree. Religion is a personal issue. As long as you act properly in society,abide by law of the land and work honestly and decently, it matters littte which religion you follow. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

That religion is purely a personal thing is an indisputable fact. I personally feel the noise made on this issue is Much ado about nothing.

But there are some, in all religions, for whom it is a business. They provide funds only if certain number of conversions are carried out to many religious organizations. Such funding comes from foreign based organisations and also some domestic. Thus they are under economic compulsions to effect conversions for their own economic survival. Therefore an anti conversion Bill spelling out allurement concerns is in order.

Religion has become a business long ago.

Converting people from one religion to the other has become an ego issue for politicians and religious gurus...religion is something that binds us a society, it is something which should be used to unite people. But time and again it is used by some to cause disturbance and nothing else. Religion is of course personal and there should not be any force involved in it. 

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

No doubt that religion plays a very important role in society but more often  it gets politicised and is used for powerplay by not just politicians but by the religious leaders as well...I feel that the very mention of religion shd be taken off from all official documents..We have not just religion but in some cases even the caste and sub caste in some application forms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Well, people may feel that conversion is a religious issue, but I wonder if people are aware that any conversion from Islam to any other religion means  immediate execution in Muslim states? In the subcontinent earlier Afghanistan, Pakistan,  bangladesh were all one nation  but conversion to Islam has seen that almost 50% of this entire region converted to islam. Even in India in case you wish to marry a Muslim girl you must convert to Islam. Myfriends son married a Muslim girl and converted. This is food for thought.

MG Singh wrote:

Well, people may feel that conversion is a religious issue, but I wonder if people are aware that any conversion from Islam to any other religion means  immediate execution in Muslim states? In the subcontinent earlier Afghanistan, Pakistan,  bangladesh were all one nation  but conversion to Islam has seen that almost 50% of this entire region converted to islam. Even in India in case you wish to marry a Muslim girl you must convert to Islam. Myfriends son married a Muslim girl and converted. This is food for thought.

It is food for some serious thought indeed. According to the most common fatwa issued by various mullahs and imams, all true Muslims are supposed to convert as many Hindu girls to Islam as possible. This is now termed as Love Jehad, which many members here would refuse to believe that it exists. But in rural India, it is a very cause concerning issue currently.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I believe that religion is more a matter of community than beliefs. I am a Hindu not because I believe in Hindu scriptures or worship form. Basically, I am Hindu because I was born and brought up in Hindu traditions. This is true about other religions also. Hardly any body chose religion. This is just accident of birth. As regards beliefs, one must apply his mind and accept whatever appears right irrespective of any religious stricture.  If I believe in something contained in Islamic or Christian scriptures, I need not change my religious community.  It is best not to convert and remain in the religion to which one belongs by birth though he may believe and practice anything.

However,  when many feel neglected and humiliated in the religion of birth, it is natural they would formally change their religious community. Dr Ambedkar had advised his disciples to adopt Buddhism because of humiliation in Hindu religion.    

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

MG Singh wrote:

It depends entirely on the couple as to how they manage their affairs when they come from different religious backgrounds. One of my relatives got married to a christian boy .They had a registered marriage and a reception after a month the boys family insisted on a church wedding and the girl had no issues about that but when she wanted to have a Satyanarayan pooja at home , her husband refused saying that since they were both now christians ( her having married him in the church) they need not have any such function. This was the beginning of a series of a misunderstanding and after her child was born and he wanted to have a christening ceremony , she walked out and filed for a divorce..

I personally feel that both are to blame for not having discussed the issue thoroughly and also giving too much importance to rituals and practices... 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.