Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

dear Usha, marriage with a Christian may still work and a girl may get away, but once you embrace Islam and marry, there is no escape as conversion from Islam to another invites the death penality. Even in India there have been cases of killings of people who wanted to reconverrt back to parent religion. One cannot generalise in such  cases as Islam is a totally different religion with a different ethos. There was Christain rule in India in the form of the English, but they built the nation and set up a universal law, while Islamic rulers did exactly the opposte.

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Yup ... surely it should be personal choice rather than what other thinks. Whatever person like he/she can follow. 

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
MG Singh wrote:

dear Usha, marriage with a Christian may still work and a girl may get away, but once you embrace Islam and marry, there is no escape as conversion from Islam to another invites the death penality. Even in India there have been cases of killings of people who wanted to reconverrt back to parent religion. One cannot generalise in such  cases as Islam is a totally different religion with a different ethos. There was Christain rule in India in the form of the English, but they built the nation and set up a universal law, while Islamic rulers did exactly the opposte.

I agree that Islam is a hardline religion and to marry a muslim you have to convert ...I feel that ultimately it is a personal choice and if the couple are happy to undertake such a step then there will be no problem since religion ceases to be problem..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

I agree that Islam is a hardline religion and to marry a muslim you have to convert ...I feel that ultimately it is a personal choice and if the couple are happy to undertake such a step then there will be no problem since religion ceases to be problem..

Absolutely Usha. At the end of the day, if the couple are happy to undertake and decide to lead a happy married life nothing stands on their way.

Here are a plenty of examples which stand as a testimony for a successful Hindu -Muslim married life.

http://creative.sulekha.com/muslim-husbands-and-hindu-wives_591006_blog

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Religious conversions as per law of land is okay but that should not change entire demography constitutions of a national then it becomes serious issues. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

I don't think religious conversions lead to demographic changes. Will you please explain how religious conversions lead todemographic changes ?

Thank you Usha for your comment, but I have a simple point. Don't you think this is a typical attitude of Hindu 'tolerence' that cost Hindus to become second class citizens in their own land for 900 years ? In this case teher should be no discussion and Hinduisms is Hinduism and no copromise on it.

MG Singh wrote:

Thank you Usha for your comment, but I have a simple point. Don't you think this is a typical attitude of Hindu 'tolerence' that cost Hindus to become second class citizens in their own land for 900 years ? In this case teher should be no discussion and Hinduisms is Hinduism and no copromise on it.

Hindus are indeed a very tolerant people and it is because they have been taken advantage of that today we see a drive for self determination by certain Hindu groups and at times they may go a little overboard which is to be expected...But when it comes to individual matters , things would be different since it is a matter between two people and their families and unless there is complete acceptance there will be problems later on in life. we cannot ban or say that inter religious marriages should not take place but there are bound to be problems.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The tolerance of Hindus was taken as a weakness for several centuries . Hindus never showed any difference or partiality towards all those who crossed the borders. Sanatana Dharma taught them, "Atithi Devo Bhava". This  tolerance made the Hosts slaves and the guests became Masters. 

Now, the modern groups thought that Hindus had enough and determined the old glory of India should be brought back. Now, there's no going back.

Nagaland once the Hindu majority now ? Then, Half of Arunnachala Pradesh converted to Christianity, there are many examples, In Odisha, Half of Phulbani converted to Christianity and there are many examples.

http://mohanmekap.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.