Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

There is nothing to beat Punjabi dishes especially the ones in non vegetarian category. The best example of such dishes Chicken Tandoori and Punjabi Chicken Masala.

I was somehow under the impression that Tandoori chicken is less spicy, so also butter chicken made using tandoori chicken..correct if I am wrong !

Tandoori chicken in Punjab is different as they prepare it wrapped in red chilli besides Punjabi Chicken Masala is different from Butter Chicken. I managed to find a recipe for Punjabi Chicken Masala

http://www.boldsky.com/cookery/non-vegetarian/chicken/easy-punjabi-chicken-masala-recipe-033823.html

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Keralites also use more spices, especially in non-vegetarian dishes. Kerala chicken curry (Malabar chicken curry) is spicy and delicious and goes well with chappathis.

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Guntur in AP state produces the hottest chillies. Many people of Andhra are fond of using the red chillies in all their dishes both vegetarian and non vegetarian.

suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

There is nothing to beat Punjabi dishes especially the ones in non vegetarian category. The best example of such dishes Chicken Tandoori and Punjabi Chicken Masala.

I was somehow under the impression that Tandoori chicken is less spicy, so also butter chicken made using tandoori chicken..correct if I am wrong !

Tandoori chicken in Punjab is different as they prepare it wrapped in red chilli besides Punjabi Chicken Masala is different from Butter Chicken. I managed to find a recipe for Punjabi Chicken Masala

http://www.boldsky.com/cookery/non-vegetarian/chicken/easy-punjabi-chicken-masala-recipe-033823.html

Thanks a lot for the recipe Sunil,  sounds really good, will try it out ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:

Guntur in AP state produces the hottest chillies. Many people of Andhra are fond of using the red chillies in all their dishes both vegetarian and non vegetarian.

I have tasted a kind of fiery red chutney powder which is eaten with rice and ghee and it was so terribly hot that my mouth was literally on fire. I think the powder is dubbed as TNT powder!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I have tasted a kind of fiery red chutney powder which is eaten with rice and ghee and it was so terribly hot that my mouth was literally on fire. I think the powder is dubbed as TNT powder!

True Kalyani. To reduce the intensity of this chilli, ghee is added. But Guntur chillies are extensively used in Pickles, which has  quite a large patronage.

rambabu wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

True Kalyani. To reduce the intensity of this chilli, ghee is added. But Guntur chillies are extensively used in Pickles, which has  quite a large patronage.

Chillies grown in Kolhapur region of Maharashtra are too extremely fiery and hot. They are quite small and of a very dark green variety therefore also called as "Lavangi mirchi" , lavang means cloves as they are short and dark in appearance.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: rambabu
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Chillies grown in Kolhapur region of Maharashtra are too extremely fiery and hot. They are quite small and of a very dark green variety therefore also called as "Lavangi mirchi" , lavang means cloves as they are short and dark in appearance.

Sounds great. I have to try these Lavangi mirchi once. Being a Telugu i'm an ardent fan of spices and chillies. Thank you for the updates.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

In Mangalore we have a local variety of chilies, the plant is also small and the chilies are small and thin and really very hot and the dried ones arre even hotter...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I know of some elderly persons who used to enjoy very spicy food but their digestive systems have been adversely affected and today they have to almost take food without chilly spice. So while highly spicy food is tasty it should be taken in modest quantities.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.