Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I think this is the Best solution let people sway in the darkness of their blind beliefs. If it is wrong for you there is no necessity for others too, it should be bad. Wisdom lies in not donning the robes of a reformer.

rambabu wrote:

I think this is the Best solution let people sway in the darkness of their blind beliefs. If it is wrong for you there is no necessity for others too, it should be bad. Wisdom lies in not donning the robes of a reformer.

What is blind belief for some may be a faith for some and how can anyone question that ?  we need to understand their own beliefs and why they have these beliefs , some of which have some practical reasons behind them

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

If you are capable of convincing the other person about his superstition, welcome. Otherwise let him bask in his own glory of superstitions.

Diversity is human nature. Everyone has the right to believe whatever he/she feels is true and nobody can impose one’s beliefs on others. I won’t do something if it is against my belief and I believe everyone deserves this freedom. I would express my views frankly but I would not compel others to follow my path. Let their beliefs save them….

In a place called Sirsi in North Karnataka there is a tradition of people walking on red hot charcoal and nothing happens to them except a few burns and I have seen them do it...I guess it is the mental determination and their firm belief that makes them do it although I personally cannot see any benefit except having to suffer bruises and burns...But, for them it is part of their faith and belief !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The same type of ritual is observed in Muharram. People from all religions walk on the burning embers without hurting their feet. This is a Placebo effect. which again based on faith.

Faith or belief is fine provided it does not harm anybody.  Still we hear some remote incidents like father sacrificed his own son to appease goddess, women beaten to death during witchcraft, etc. Faith and freedom should have some limitations. This kind of faith is inhuman and we cannot ignore it just saying that let them do what they believe....

usha manohar wrote:

In a place called Sirsi in North Karnataka there is a tradition of people walking on red hot charcoal and nothing happens to them except a few burns and I have seen them do it...I guess it is the mental determination and their firm belief that makes them do it although I personally cannot see any benefit except having to suffer bruises and burns...But, for them it is part of their faith and belief !

There is a scientific reason behind that. The skin comes in contact for so little time that either there is minor burn or no burns at all. The feet are lifted before the skin reaches burning point.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Have your faith with yourself. The father you mentioned is having  perverted faith. These people are more dangerous to the society.

suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

There is a scientific reason behind that. The skin comes in contact for so little time that either there is minor burn or no burns at all. The feet are lifted before the skin reaches burning point.

Yes that is true, in fact before running these people wet their feet which again protects their feet to a certain extent and they run very fast, so they get a few burns no doubt .But to do that itself takes a lot of courage and more than anything determination and belief in their god or almighty ...To others it might seem misplaced and misguided !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.