The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

The link Usha has given  thrown light on the persecution of Hindus by Muslim rulers. It is not a consolation if the Muslim rulers gave us architectural wonders. Demolishing Hindu structures and building architectural structures is only to glorify the Muslim rulers.

At that period of time they were the rulers and glorified themselves and we should be thankful that British came here by hook or crook and unified us ...n doubt we lost part of our country to Pakistan and Bangla Desh but at least the rest of it stays united !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

The link Usha has given  thrown light on the persecution of Hindus by Muslim rulers. It is not a consolation if the Muslim rulers gave us architectural wonders. Demolishing Hindu structures and building architectural structures is only to glorify the Muslim rulers.

At that period of time they were the rulers and glorified themselves and we should be thankful that British came here by hook or crook and unified us ...n doubt we lost part of our country to Pakistan and Bangla Desh but at least the rest of it stays united !

True.  Thankfully we could save a big chunk of the country even after losing a part of the Pak and Bangla desh.

The Mughals were very good at record keeping and many of these are available in archives. Some of their land records were oriented in form of a book by a famous historians a few years back. So if Taj Mahal was built on a Hindu temple or an existing one was converted etc would have been recorded. In fact almost everything about it is known, the architect, thee expenses, number of years and workers it took to build etc. Also every time this issue crops up it becomes a slinging match against the Muslims. There was no India till 1858 when the British took over. This fact is conveniently forgotten. Present India consisted of hundreds of kingdoms of all sizes. And invading each others kingdom was an accepted way of enriching because land was the means of production. A powerful invader came and conquered maximum kingdoms and built a big empire. It was natural that they would give preference to boost their religion and not Hinduism. @Rambabu is almost throwing a challenge to prove that Taj was not a Hindu structure. After so many years who can do so. Can Rambabu prove whether God exists with proof. Raking up such issues like about Taj again in the Forum does not result in new knowledge.

Why I should I prove when  I didn't say that God exists ? And about the up keeping of records by the Mughals you should see the link provided by me in the thread.

I have gone through the link and am thoroughly confused. Why Tejomahalay  does not find mention and write up in any of Hindu literature of that period is worthy of investigation. Not only you or me or anyone can prove with proof that god exists. Equally it is impossible to prove that god does not exist. Taj story is to be taken as either.

Since you are confused, let's leave it to investigators the Taj issue .And let's not discuss about the existence of god too. Let peace and tranquility prevail.

You are right, if one discusses god peace and tranquillity get disturbed.

I know such topics are bound to generate heat. Why invite turbulence  ? Let the discussion be stopped at some point.

This is an interesting link, thankfully not written by any " Saffron brigade" but an american artiste that  has several points discussed about the issue ..

http://www.stephen-knapp.com/was_the_taj_mahal_a_vedic_temple.htm

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Than you very very much for this vital information. After seeing this link I felt how blindly we are discussing about the issue. The most interesting part of the article is about the orientation of the Mosque.

the direction of the mosque does not point toward Mecca as most mosques do; the real purpose of the minarets at the Taj; the Hindu symbolism recognized in the Taj which would not have been allowed if it was truly Muslim built; and even as late as 1910 the Encyclopaedia Britannica included the statement by Fergusson that the building was previously a palace before becoming a tomb for Shah Jahan; and more. A most interesting paper.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.