Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Cheapest and easily available vegetable. Can be used as a combination with any vegetable. In backward states potato is widely used due to low cost and easy availability

I am agree with you that it is cheapest vegetable, but its low price is problem of farmers.

usha manohar wrote:

Potatoes , onions and tomatoes are three most used ingredients that one cannot do without on a daily basis. I add potatoes to Sambhar along with other vegetables like drumstick, brinjal or ladies finger. Another dish we all love is potato salad which is a great dish to have during summer months. And of course one cannot think of making cutlets and samosas without potatoes in them.

I don't know about potato salad, some time we eat boiled potato with some spices.

It is easier to think of a menu if potato is included as an ingredient. Without it the choice is very limited. My mother suffers from diabetes and was told not to eat potato. So thinking of menu for her meal can be quite a problem. 

Also not to mention it stays for longer time and does not need refrigeration like other vegetables that peirsh. We can stock it for longer time and it is available through out the year.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

Also not to mention it stays for longer time and does not need refrigeration like other vegetables that peirsh. We can stock it for longer time and it is available through out the year.

But when we store potato we must be save  from light and moisture. In crop season sprouting begins in potato if we keep these in moisture and light.

jabeen wrote:

It is easier to think of a menu if potato is included as an ingredient. Without it the choice is very limited. My mother suffers from diabetes and was told not to eat potato. So thinking of menu for her meal can be quite a problem. 

Yes it is problem I also have diabetes, it is not easy in family to cook separate meal for one member. For few days it is OK but for long time it is problem to cook food separate.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.