Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Potatoes because of its bland taste can be mixed with any other vegetable or prepare anything different yet tasty with some added salt & Mirchi Powder.

Potatoes are useful for especially skinny people because of its carbs.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Potato is such a key ingredient in most recipes.

simmi wrote:

Yeah king of all the vegetables. and also we can say the life saving vegetables for poor people...   

Indeed it is a life saver for many! The ubiquitous vada pav in Maharashtra which is a savior of many right from poor labourers to rich corporate executives to struggling students, has potato as its key ingredient!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I am reminded of a story that my grandmother used to tell us during my childhood. It is said that once all the vegetables had a meeting in which each wanted to show how important it was. And it was the potato which came out the winner as it could be added to a variety of dishes. Moreover, it can be turned both into a sweet dish or a savoury.

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

Potato is universal. Potato is making rich to farmers or not, but it making milloners to potato chips manufactures. !0 RS for 50gm chips. Company is making 200 from 2Rs

Potatoes add so much of varieties to Indian dishes. It is one vegetable used across all cultures and across the Globe. It is the main source of carbohydrate and energy and replaces chapati and rice in western meal. Smashes potato or scrambled potato with corn is their main source of energy.

I am really surprised to count and see that I use potato in more than 100 different kinds of recipes in my kitchen with little variations.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

Potatoes add so much of varieties to Indian dishes. It is one vegetable used across all cultures and across the Globe. It is the main source of carbohydrate and energy and replaces chapati and rice in western meal. Smashes potato or scrambled potato with corn is their main source of energy.

I am really surprised to count and see that I use potato in more than 100 different kinds of recipes in my kitchen with little variations.

Write your recipes heresmiley

anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Let me name a few...Aloo parantha ( i know few variations of it), Aloo dhaniya, Aloo palak, Aloo methi, Aloo mutter, Aloo tomato, Aloo chutney, Aloo baingan bharata( few variations)....well I am getting tired to name a few of them. WritingLaughing down the recipes will take so long.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Let me name a few...Aloo parantha ( i know few variations of it), Aloo dhaniya, Aloo palak, Aloo methi, Aloo mutter, Aloo tomato, Aloo chutney, Aloo baingan bharata( few variations)....well I am getting tired to name a few of them. WritingLaughing down the recipes will take so long.

Yes writing it will take much time and space. I was jocking. I am adding some more name in these, Aloo Sandwitch, Aloo halwa, Aloo chat, Aloo Pakora

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Potatoes , onions and tomatoes are three most used ingredients that one cannot do without on a daily basis. I add potatoes to Sambhar along with other vegetables like drumstick, brinjal or ladies finger. Another dish we all love is potato salad which is a great dish to have during summer months. And of course one cannot think of making cutlets and samosas without potatoes in them.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.