Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I guess with shrinking space within the cities one has to utilise all that is at your disposal and Bhats have shown that with dedication anything is possible. They all love plants and contribute regularly to the annual flower show held here. They have a great collection of cactii too which they lend to the horticulture dept during the show !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Farming without soil is possible. Farming of mashroom need not soil. Straw of wheat plant used for it. It is very common in my area.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Wow, lovely house and lovely garden, literally a paradise. There are many gardeners in Pune who use soil less technique to grow gardens but they use vermiculture compost prepared by themselves, but a garden created using only cocopeat is something quite different.

Usha, lucky you are to be acquainted with the couple! By the way, what is this called?? Image attached which I took from Mr. Bhat's article.

image005gardener dr ks bhat grows plants using no soil 20160623 005

Its called Winged beans. The leaves are not that of other entangled plant but of itself. It is a creeper like a bean. Here it is locally known as tengnou manbi and we consume it in a type of local salad and in other food items

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

very unique thought of making a garden soil-less, I think it really makes a place clean and so pure full of green environment, one can really get a good pure breath which will make the body rejuvenate.

sdfafa

jabeen wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Wow, lovely house and lovely garden, literally a paradise. There are many gardeners in Pune who use soil less technique to grow gardens but they use vermiculture compost prepared by themselves, but a garden created using only cocopeat is something quite different.

Usha, lucky you are to be acquainted with the couple! By the way, what is this called?? Image attached which I took from Mr. Bhat's article.

Its called Winged beans. The leaves are not that of other entangled plant but of itself. It is a creeper like a bean. Here it is locally known as tengnou manbi and we consume it in a type of local salad and in other food items

It means you have one more variety of salad.

jabeen wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Yes absolutely Jabeen ..It is a variety of beans and not what I had written about although it does look a lot like Kaatpeere that i had written about ! I spoke to Vasanti today after Kalyani had enquired about it !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Here too coconut husk has been traditionally used for growing plants but its limited to growing only varieties of orchids. Its said that orchids grown on coconut husk grow better than those grown in soil

I was thinking if this is possible then what growing a heavy tree without soil will be possible, no one knows what can happen.at what situation.

sdfafa

Soil less gardening  ,,the science of growing plants without Soil. It is a more efficient way  to provide food and water to the plants. Plants do not use the soil, instead they use  the food and water that are in the soil. Such plants grow better than those grown in soil.

jabeen wrote:

Here too coconut husk has been traditionally used for growing plants but its limited to growing only varieties of orchids. Its said that orchids grown on coconut husk grow better than those grown in soil

It does make sense because coconut husk holds more moisture than soil does.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.